Cathy

posh79

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Killie fans in general this summer have acted like f**king big spoilt weans at times.

Used to argue against the stereotype of our support being moaning faced basatards but I'm starting to agree with it.

Some seem almost desperate for the new signings to be duds.

Strange behaviour.

One of them is a dud though, and if he isn't he'll be gone in January. 

41 minutes ago, Wrangodog said:

One of them is a dud though, and if he isn't he'll be gone in January. 

How do you know know he's a dud?

Chris Burke was a dud before he signed for us, was a flop at Dundee Utd.

Love how folk are just writing players off. He scored 3 goals the other week against our dud reserves so maybe he's better than our duds?

Just now, Squirrelhumper said:

Love how folk are just writing players off. He scored 3 goals the other week against our dud reserves so maybe he's better than our duds?

If he does well, is he not out of contract next season anyway? Could always sign him on a pre-contract. Dundee Utd might let him go for a minimal fee if so. 

Or possibly might just be happy to get him off the wage bill and release him from his contract.

26 minutes ago, PuttersBar said:

What has not been disclosed is the loan terms for these players. If it works out, is it a pre-cursor for a permanent move/contract on terms set out just now? Perhaps the club can clarify.

To me, this is the key.  If there is an opportunity to purchase these players then there is a benefit to us whereas if not then we are not moving forward as a club.  

The worry if there is no link to a permanent deal then we are in a losing situation if they perform well we may lose them to others (see Stewart) or fundamentally becoming a reserve side for other teams to give their fringe players game time or put them in the shop window

56 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

This is such a ridiculous false parallel - just because Chris Burke had a bad time at Ross County, it doesn't mean every player coming in from an unfortunate period is automatically going to be as effective as he's been for us.  Burke had shown at every club he'd been at previously that he had a great deal of ability, and was coming in from illness as opposed to injury.  Sow had a purple patch 4-5 years ago, and the rest of his career has been pretty underwhelming.

You can't possible compare the pedigree of Osman Sow to that of Chris Burke - a guy who has won major honours, been POTY at two different Championship clubs, and played for Scotland - that's just obvious contrarianism.

ETA - Having said all this, there is nothing that will better match the overall Hibs narrative of this season for a widely written off ex-Jambo to get a goal against them on his debut for a club whose support appear not to want him.

Edited by Estragon

3 minutes ago, Estragon said:

This is such a ridiculous false parallel - just because Chris Burke had a bad time at Ross County, it doesn't mean every player coming in from an unfortunate period is automatically going to be as effective as he's been for us.  Burke had shown at every club he'd been at previously that he had a great deal of ability, and was coming in from illness as opposed to injury.  Sow had a purple patch 4-5 years ago, and the rest of his career has been pretty underwhelming.

You can't possible compare the pedigree of Osman Sow to that of Chris Burke - a guy who has won major honours, been POTY at two different Championship clubs, and played for Scotland - that's just obvious contrarianism.

ETA - Having said all this, there is nothing that will better match the overall Hibs narrative of this season for a widely written off ex-Jambo to get a goal against them on his debut for a club whose support appear not to want him.

Sow's record isn't a million miles away from Lafferty's. Yet a lot of us were absolutely buzzing about the prospect of him coming in. 

1 minute ago, Dieter's Heeder said:

Sow's record isn't a million miles away from Lafferty's. Yet a lot of us were absolutely buzzing about the prospect of him coming in. 

In Kyle Lafferty's last season at Hearts, he scored nearly double what Osman Sow has scored since he left Hearts, and that's aside from the major honours, international goals over the last decade, transfer fees...

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a boo-boy - I don't tend to give the players much stick if any.  But genuinely, can we please desist in dressing this signing up as something that it's not.  Osman Sow gives us "an option" - right now it looks like a s**te option, but it's still one option more than we had yesterday.  Comparing him to players like Lafferty or Burke isn't going to do him any favours.

4 hours ago, posh79 said:

After her antics on twitter last night i think she has lost (if she ever had it) total reality of what the club needs to move forward and what the fans would be happy with.  Talking about quality over quantity and the winking emoji.......all for what........a striker on LOAN that a team in the championship doesnt want, a defender on loan that hasn't made one appearance for their club, and a forward player on loan that cant get a game for a Seria B side.  

Harvey might be a success but if he is he will just go back to his parent club who will demand a fee.  If Sow starts banging them in then Killie will face a fight for other teams once his contract is up.  It is rediculous how many loan players we have and once again we face a re-building job at the start of the season.  They might pull off a good couple free agents but they will probably be in their 30's and not for long term planning.  

In future Cathy just stay off twitter if you think that deserves getting excited. 

Join the Trust.. you will be able to ask her in person what she meant by that danged winking emoji at the upcoming "On Board... In Person" event coming up.

There's nothing entitled, spoilt or bratty about being disappointed with signing Osman Sow after 2 months of clearly needing a striker. 

Killie fans fall into two camps, the crabbit moaning basturts and the ones moaning about the crabbit moaning basturts

And saying that we want him to fail is nonsense. I hope I'm on here eating my words about him in a few weeks time.

Edited by All the Wine

25 minutes ago, Estragon said:

25 minutes ago, Estragon said:

In Kyle Lafferty's last season at Hearts, he scored nearly double what Osman Sow has scored since he left Hearts, and that's aside from the major honours, international goals over the last decade, transfer fees...

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a boo-boy - I don't tend to give the players much stick if any.  But genuinely, can we please desist in dressing this signing up as something that it's not.  Osman Sow gives us "an option" - right now it looks like a s**te option, but it's still one option more than we had yesterday.  Comparing him to players like Lafferty or Burke isn't going to do him any favours.

You're being quite selective on your stats here. The international record means very little given that Sweden have had the courtesy of one of the best strikers in the world for Sow to compete with, and even the likes of Berg who's got a great goalscoring record at decent European clubs. I don't think that's a fair criteria to judge them on, nether is the transfer fees which they've racked up. 

I take your first point on board, but all I'm saying is their goalscoring records over their careers aren't *too* different. It certainly doesn't merit the huge gap in being excited about one of them to completely fuming about the other, which some seem to be. 

Edited by Dieter's Heeder

24 minutes ago, All the Wine said:

There's nothing entitled, spoilt or bratty about being disappointed with signing Osman Sow after 2 months of clearly needing a striker. 

Killie fans fall into two camps, the crabbit moaning basturts and the ones moaning about the crabbit moaning basturts

And saying that we want him to fail is nonsense. I hope I'm on here eating my words about him in a few weeks time.

No being disappointed if fine. There's a hell of a lot of overeacting going on however. 

29 minutes ago, Estragon said:

Lafferty's goal record outside that season is dog s**t though.

6 minutes ago, Dieter's Heeder said:

You're being quite selective on your stats here. The international record means very little given that Sweden have had the courtesy of one of the best strikers in the world for Sow to compete with, and even the likes of Berg who's got a great goalscoring record at decent European clubs. I don't think that's a fair criteria to judge them on, nether is the transfer fees which they've racked up. 

I take your first point on board, but all I'm saying is their goalscoring records over their careers aren't *too* different. It certainly doesn't merit the huge gap in being excited about one of them to completely fuming about the other, which some seem to be. 

I don't think you can write off the international goals quite so easily.  For me, that's totally central to what I've always rated in the guy - he's a big game player.  I am willing to concede however that NI are...marginally...worse off with striking options than Sweden...ahem.

You are right that the goalscoring records aren't too dissimilar certainly- both pretty much a 1 in 4 CF.  Fine.

However, Sow's come from leagues such as the UAE, China, Moldova, the Scottish level 2, and the Swedish level 3.  Whereas Lafferty's are in top divisions in Scotland, England, Turkey, Switzerland - and second tiers in England and Italy.

ETA - Look, ultimately it's all academic.  We've not got Kyle Lafferty, we've got Osman Sow.  Hopefully that'll become a song after his League Cup winning header.

Edited by Estragon

I’m in the “overall underwhelmed and a bit disappointed” with the squad overhaul since end of last season camp. It doesn’t mean I’m acting like an entitled, whining, privileged bigot brother either. There is plenty of middle ground to be objectively critical of the club and it’s overall business this transfer window without being a keyboard warrior, greeting faced Hun/Tim like moaner, or happy clapper that AA “got his men”. 

More and more posters want to pigeon hole others instead of debate the merits and limitations our club have on and off the pitch. 

Forza Killie however!

49 minutes ago, All the Wine said:

So which camp does this post fit into then ?

4 hours ago, skygod said:

I might have imagined it after the very fraught day I had but I’m sure Baz said Dorrans was never on the cards or our Wanted list. 

Definitely saw him write that somewhere.

As of last night the Dorrans thing is not on the table, doesn't mean it won't be I suppose though!

Edited by BR1869
Typo

6 hours ago, posh79 said:

After her antics on twitter last night i think she has lost (if she ever had it) total reality of what the club needs to move forward and what the fans would be happy with.  Talking about quality over quantity and the winking emoji.......all for what........a striker on LOAN that a team in the championship doesnt want, a defender on loan that hasn't made one appearance for their club, and a forward player on loan that cant get a game for a Seria B side.  

Harvey might be a success but if he is he will just go back to his parent club who will demand a fee.  If Sow starts banging them in then Killie will face a fight for other teams once his contract is up.  It is rediculous how many loan players we have and once again we face a re-building job at the start of the season.  They might pull off a good couple free agents but they will probably be in their 30's and not for long term planning.  

In future Cathy just stay off twitter if you think that deserves getting excited. 

Did she tell her fellow fans how much we actually got for Greg Taylor , to be honest I won’t beleive it anyway , but just wondered 

2 hours ago, All the Wine said:

Tell that to the clowns sending BB, CJ and PM stuff on twitter etc calling them a disgrace etc.

f**king riddy.

7 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Tell that to the clowns sending BB, CJ and PM stuff on twitter etc calling them a disgrace etc.

f**king riddy.

That's embarrassing. 

I'm pretty disappointed in the dealings this summer if I'm honest but I still think these are good people running our club, they just need a bit more support from more qualified people.