Osman Sow

gdevoy

I don't think Sow is awful, but to spend all summer searching for a striker and end up with him on loan for 6 months is horrid.

If he does well then we are back to square one in January and if he plays the way he has for the past 2 seasons then we are no further forward either. Baffling.

Edited by Killieboykfc

9 minutes ago, Bullitt said:

I'm not sure what you are asking here?

On the issue of Sow, I think he will surprise a fair few people this season. The only disappointment I have this window is the Taylor fee being "undisclosed" and Kiltie going on loan instead of being given a shot.

Kiltie has been overlooked by the previous three Killie managers. Maybe they see something we don’t. Maybe there’s a reason he’s been punted again. 

25 minutes ago, Bobby14 said:

Kiltie has been overlooked by the previous three Killie managers. Maybe they see something we don’t. Maybe there’s a reason he’s been punted again. 

Who were the three , stevie clark did the right thing and put him out to get game time and he came back after a very successful stint at morton to then be messed about again so maybe your right maybe the manager didn't fancy him but to my delight hes no longer at killie 

26 minutes ago, Help said:

Who were the three , stevie clark did the right thing and put him out to get game time and he came back after a very successful stint at morton to then be messed about again so maybe your right maybe the manager didn't fancy him but to my delight hes no longer at killie 

Fair play to you coming on these forums to defend your lad, it can’t be easy to remain practical when you see some of the stuff put out by “experts”.

I really don’t know what the future holds for Greg at Killie, he has shown up well in the games played so far, but for whatever reason the manager sees fit to put him out  on loan again, if it were me I would be advising him to start thinking about options, If he does then no one can blame him, and they should remember that his early goal v Falkirk was paramount in keeping Killie in the Premier.

Whatever route it takes I hope success comes for a lad who has had some cruel injuries in his short career.

7 minutes ago, killie billies pal said:

Fair play to you coming on these forums to defend your lad, it can’t be easy to remain practical when you see some of the stuff put out by “experts”.

I really don’t know what the future holds for Greg at Killie, he has shown up well in the games played so far, but for whatever reason the manager sees fit to put him out  on loan again, if it were me I would be advising him to start thinking about options, If he does then no one can blame him, and they should remember that his early goal v Falkirk was paramount in keeping Killie in the Premier.

Whatever route it takes I hope success comes for a lad who has had some cruel injuries in his short career.

I will always defend greg but I'm also his biggest critic and as I said I totally agreed with stevie Clark sending him out but after coming back and his confidence was up and fully fit to be messed about was no good so as I said better for everyone hes away let someone else be slated by the experts and I'm sure he will be back to haunt killie one day .

The Kiltie situation baffles me at present. Seen the lad play enough to know what he offers and seen us play this season and felt it’s the ideal time for a return to the starting XI. Good luck to him wherever he plays I just feel it’s one that’s getting away from us. 

As for Sow well it’s different to what we have and I reserve judgement til I see him play again but I think the fans have the right to not be overly enamoured by the prospect of it given we have had all summer to sign a striker. 

11 minutes ago, Help said:

I will always defend greg but I'm also his biggest critic and as I said I totally agreed with stevie Clark sending him out but after coming back and his confidence was up and fully fit to be messed about was no good so as I said better for everyone hes away let someone else be slated by the experts and I'm sure he will be back to haunt killie one day .

Genuine question and for what it's worth what we see in small doses greg should be playing more, albeit manager disagrees.. 

But what involvement did yourself and Greg anticipate had Clarke still been here?

Kiltie came on away to Nomads and changed the game then came on against the Huns and changed the game... since then, nothing.

We have been crying out for a creative midfield player who could arrive late in the box and play off Brophy and he's been signed and sitting there all season.

1 minute ago, Ngonge88 said:

Genuine question and for what it's worth what we see in small doses greg should be playing more, albeit manager disagrees.. 

But what involvement did yourself and Greg anticipate had Clarke still been here?

Just give him a chance and if he failed then move on gracefully but it wasnt to be so hes now at dunfermline and I saw a smile I hadnt seen for a while 

1 minute ago, Help said:

Just give him a chance and if he failed then move on gracefully but it wasnt to be so hes now at dunfermline and I saw a smile I hadnt seen for a while 

I truly hope the lad plays and starts loving football again! Had he not picked up that first big injury I reckon he would of been in Greg Taylor's position of being our record fee received. 

It's not to have been but I hope if nothing else he begins to enjoy playing.

I by no means think this is a bad signing, having the option of another senior striker alone makes sense. If he can contribute 5-10 goals in his short spell it’s a success, only being here til January is interesting it could mean a couple of things. Either United aren’t wanting him out for a season due to his contract situation or we’re filling a gap with a capable player atm whilst we go after available players as free agents, don’t put all your eggs in one basket so to speak- id reckon that’s where reinvesting the Taylor money would come into play.

7 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

I had not seen his name mentioned in any of the transfer speculation threads. Have I just missed it or why was he not mentioned?

I'm guessing you turned in early last night!

All the individual threads were closed down and condensed into one, so no Sow thread.

There was plenty of discussion about him on here.

Edited by skygod

1 hour ago, Killieboykfc said:

I don't think Sow is awful, but to spend all summer searching for a striker and end up with him on loan for 6 months is horrid.

If he does well then we are back to square one in January and if he plays the way he has for the past 2 seasons then we are no further forward either. Baffling.

Making this point means that you have delusions of grandeur though, apparently. 

1 hour ago, Help said:

Alessio, Clarke and McCulloch.

You’re delighted Steve Clarke isn’t at Killie cause he didn’t fancy Kiltie? 

14 minutes ago, Bobby14 said:

Alessio, Clarke and McCulloch.

You’re delighted Steve Clarke isn’t at Killie cause he didn’t fancy Kiltie? 

You would be surprised how McCulloch felt about Greg , funny that he still keeps in touch with him as for stevie clark if you read the post it says I agreed with what he did for greg and as for the new man well what can I say