Osman Sow

gdevoy

8 minutes ago, Culley159 said:

Not a bad thing if you ask me. Did we want another Clark cavalcade of numpties and all those crocks getting signed just so we had more players? I'm happy to see that checks are in place and we're not just pandering to the panic merchants. We still have two or three options for a single role, some folk need to calm down a bit.

The old “some folk need to calm down a bit”. We’re calm and we want the best for the club. We needed another striker and a creative midfielder. We still need them. Like others I don’t blame Alessio, but the shambles he was coping with behind the scenes. 

9 minutes ago, Ngonge88 said:

I will be in the minority here, but I think Sow is a better lone striker option than Brophy.

He isnt a better player than Brophy, Brophy has the pace and more technically ability. 

But the big man offers more up top, holding the ball up and bringing others into play. 

Neither seem to be scoring enough goals however.

Totally agree. I was very impressed with how he played the role.

Brophy is a very good SPL striker but it’s been a thankless year for him up top on his own.

20 minutes ago, DuncD said:

Sow’s goal scoring record is pretty appalling. Brophy will score more goals and work harder IMO

I’m a big fan of Brophy but a quick glance at wiki suggests Sow’s strike rate is better, despite being a back-to-goal target man.

I was impressed with his performance last week: work rate, link-up and shooting with a bad penalty thrown in.

Edited by NorfolkG

Seemed obvious he was signed late as other striking targets had not for various reasons worked out ......

The worry is it took according to AA , Sow couple weeks to get up to full fitness then picked up an injury in his first start .....was bit surprised he was not brought off last week as looked heavy legged after an hour .

Just got to hope he fully recovers quickly and has some positive impact in the remaining couple of months of his short term loan . 

You would think and hope the club are better prepared by January in terms of recruitment to find another striker or 2 

12 hours ago, NorfolkG said:

I’m a big fan of Brophy but a quick glance at wiki suggests Sow’s strike rate is better, despite being a back-to-goal target man.

I was impressed with his performance last week: work rate, link-up and shooting with a bad penalty thrown in.

3 goals in 3 years for Sow .Hows that a better strike rate than Brophy.One good season in the championship for Hearts is what his reputation as a goal scorer is made on.

For Sow think about Sammon. Not prolific in any sense until a certain Eremenko was in the team and then couldn't stop scoring. Until Sow has had a decent run in the team we can't judge his goal scoring record or importance to the team. For what it's worth I thought he played well last week penalty aside 

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, Wrangodog said:

Sow appears to be out for the season after damaging his achilles during Saturday's 1-0 defeat to Arbroath. Probably the only time he's played for United this season too. 

shame for the player 

But Nicke Kabamba has had more influence in his first few games for us than Sow had for us in all those months he was here (though he was as now often injured or unfit to play)

• 3 months later...