Osman Sow

gdevoy

3 hours ago, historyman said:

a player whose only contribution was missing a penalty and costing us three points. 

I'm still furious about that penalty miss. Looking back, it seems more and more important - stopped any momentum, kept us stuck in frustration, two points that would have had us much closer to too six later........ Argh

27 minutes ago, mitch14 said:

I'm still furious about that penalty miss. Looking back, it seems more and more important - stopped any momentum, kept us stuck in frustration, two points that would have had us much closer to too six later........ Argh

I think the fact we are not nearer the top 6 is way beyond an Osman Sow missed penalty against Ross County. 

There’s been plenty more mistakes by others that have cost us points. 

Goalkeeping mistakes, rash challenges, chances  missed when it looked easier to score. 

Unfortunately for Sow he will forever be linked with the famous Cathy wink emoji on deadline day which got everyone excited that we were getting a marquee signing, which resulted in him being unveiled to disbelief by Killie fans and ridicule by everyone else. 

The guy was pissing against the wind from the start with us. 

8 minutes ago, stewarty66 said:

I think the fact we are not nearer the top 6 is way beyond an Osman Sow missed penalty against Ross County. 

There’s been plenty more mistakes by others that have cost us. 

Without a doubt. 

There's just something about that one that sticks with me. Everything felt so flat, when actually we fully deserved a win, and we took that into the cup game against Hibs straight after and were flatter again. 

That just felt like the start of a dawning realisation that we were going to f**k up every single opportunity we had this season. 

5 minutes ago, Ngonge88 said:

The same way alan power had his chance and should of been punted?

Power looked miles short of the pace at Ayr and was rightly dropped , subsequently he came onto a game . Sow imo never looked near fit or on the pace of any game I saw him play . Had he improved ,like Power , he’d either still have been playing for us or in Utds first team . 

Edited by Bonbon19

1 hour ago, Bonbon19 said:

Power looked miles short of the pace at Ayr and was rightly dropped , subsequently he came onto a game . Sow imo never looked near fit or on the pace of any game I saw him play . Had he improved ,like Power , he’d either still have been playing for us or in Utds first team . 

The ross county game he played very well other than a shocking penalty. 

I generally agree he was poor but I dont think he was given anywhere near enough of a chance 

40 minutes ago, Ngonge88 said:

The ross county game he played very well other than a shocking penalty. 

I generally agree he was poor but I dont think he was given anywhere near enough of a chance 

More down to an initial lack of fitness then picking up an injury. 

I agree though, penalty apart I thought he played well against Ross County. 

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Pride_of_ayrshire said:

May sound completely stupid here but hey that's how some folk are on here for. But i felt if Angelo played Sow in the Kabamba role the first half of the season it may have been a different story for the big man.

You can't play a guy that's injured though. 

Sow was injured during previous season at D Utd , and did not have a proper pre season either, when he was signed as a late stop gap due to other forward deals falling through , he was not fit...so we had to wait till he at least was able to play even from the bench, .then he picked up yet another injury when we tried to play him in a run of games so struggled to play for us.....And contributed little ....was a panic signing