Graham Dorrans

I hope so would give us the drive in midfield which we are lacking. Would imagine killie would be a good option as somebody previously mentioned on this forum that he went to sevco (soon to be busto)to get back up to Scotland, so can’t imagine he go back to an English team but as you know in football money talks . 

29 minutes ago, Graham said:

I hope so would give us the drive in midfield which we are lacking. Would imagine killie would be a good option as somebody previously mentioned on this forum that he went to sevco (soon to be busto)to get back up to Scotland, so can’t imagine he go back to an English team but as you know in football money talks . 

Are you Graham Dorrans? looking for a gig lol

hard these days to find a grain of truth in much of the media stories or internet rumours ---but we were definitely interested in Lafferty as well as "having conversations" with other players linked with us -- and as said by many surely there is enough of the budget left waiting on finding that quality "out of contract" player 

From the Sun: 

"And the Daily Express claim Portsmouth, Bolton and Fleetwood Town are a number of the clubs interested in the 32-year-old.

Kilmarnock were reportedly keen on doing a deal for the midfielder on loan but don't have the financial muscle to do a permanent transfer."

So we don't have the financial muscle to compete with League 1 sides. 

4 minutes ago, Prahakillie said:

From the Sun: 

"And the Daily Express claim Portsmouth, Bolton and Fleetwood Town are a number of the clubs interested in the 32-year-old.

Kilmarnock were reportedly keen on doing a deal for the midfielder on loan but don't have the financial muscle to do a permanent transfer."

No surprise really, they'll have players earning 4/5k a week, maybe more, at some league one clubs. Dorrans has probably been on a lot more than that in his career too, but he has been lingering at rangers probably on a tidy package, maybe he's happy to play with us and take the pay cut to stay in Scotland rather than move his family down south again. who knows, time will tell. 

26 minutes ago, Prahakillie said:

From the Sun: 

More than half of the League 1 sides have an average attendance higher than last season's Killie attendance when we were having our best year ever and a big name manager. That's 13 clubs, and it includes both Bolton and Portsmouth, whose average attendance is bigger than Rugby Park. If I understand it even League 2 clubs in England get more tv money than most Premier clubs in Scotland, and many of them will have bigger sponsorship deals into the bargains.

So, no, we pretty much don't have the financial muscle to compete with many League 1 sides.

1 hour ago, Travis said:

More than half of the League 1 sides have an average attendance higher than last season's Killie attendance when we were having our best year ever and a big name manager. That's 13 clubs, and it includes both Bolton and Portsmouth, whose average attendance is bigger than Rugby Park. If I understand it even League 2 clubs in England get more tv money than most Premier clubs in Scotland, and many of them will have bigger sponsorship deals into the bargains.

So, no, we pretty much don't have the financial muscle to compete with many League 1 sides.

We don’t have the financial money, on average, to pay players as much, true. An offer of employment has other factors beyond salary ( although that I accept is the primary piece). I’m all for 3 or 4 players getting a higher salary than the others. It’s a Scottish working class thing that all folks doing the “ same” job get paid the same. We should have our galacticos equivalent in our squad. Secondly, how many league 1 and 2 clubs players in England got Scotland caps in the last few years? Not many. Would Taylor, Findlay or SOD got caps - leading to much bigger steps forward likely - if playing for Sc**thorpe or Luton. Also, Scottish folks don’t aleays settle well away from home in football terms. Playing for a top team with European aspirations, on a somewhat competing salary versus lower English leagues, Scotland chances and all in your own back yard. That’s the sell. It won’t work for every one but we need to find the ones it works for.

13 minutes ago, Thebigguy68 said:

We don’t have the financial money, on average, to pay players as much, true. An offer of employment has other factors beyond salary ( although that I accept is the primary piece). I’m all for 3 or 4 players getting a higher salary than the others. It’s a Scottish working class thing that all folks doing the “ same” job get paid the same. We should have our galacticos equivalent in our squad. Secondly, how many league 1 and 2 clubs players in England got Scotland caps in the last few years? Not many. Would Taylor, Findlay or SOD got caps - leading to much bigger steps forward likely - if playing for Sc**thorpe or Luton. Also, Scottish folks don’t aleays settle well away from home in football terms. Playing for a top team with European aspirations, on a somewhat competing salary versus lower English leagues, Scotland chances and all in your own back yard. That’s the sell. It won’t work for every one but we need to find the ones it works for.

Most examples of 'breaking the bank' or 'pushing the boat' out for a big signing on high wages tend to lead the break up of squads and general discontent. As soon as a club with limited finances sets someone apart, every agent worth their salt starts asking for the same for their clients too. SOD would be the perfect example of this. Say we go big on someone on £5k or £6k - his agent would be in the next morning with the reasonable take that his player has been comfortably one of our best players, very consistent, a Scotland international, and has scored a couple of goals, so he'd like the same.

Then Findlay, then Brophy. Pretty soon you have a completely unsustainable model based on the idea that you can create 'Galactico' tier. It's basically the method we used to bring in Cocard. Now, I really liked the guy, but it's proved to be unsustainable and didn't really lead to any discernible, sustained difference.

All that said, I'm obviously not against a 'name' signing every now and then. Just need to temper it by acknowledging that it's better to have a sustainable long-term Killie: something which remains a little too fresh in the memory as a major doubt. 

3 hours ago, heynow2005 said:

Pisses me off that we dont have the financial muscle to complete with a league In which 1 team just went bust and another was a bawhair off it.

Bolton's new owners need to restock the playing staff since so many players, eg Magennis, exercised their right to walk out. They will be paying competitive League One wages, which are higher than ours.

Pompey get home crowds of 18,000 at higher admission prices than ours so no doubt about their financial muscle.

Fleetwood aren't well supported - around 3,000 - but seem to punch above their weight.