Broadfoot savages Kilmarnock

kfc_superteam

Not being funny but fitness was one of the things we all notice improve under Clarke. Hence why we were very much a second half team that could fight till the final minutes. 

Its easy to say players should address this in their own time but imo it should be an integral part of the training regime even if they have to stay longer to fit it in.

Of course weve been targeted by the media.  We dared upset their natural order, we dared to appoint someone as manager who wasn't one of the 'good guys' and politically astute enough or whose english wasn't yet good enough to he able to make them look silly and back off from having a go at him.

Time for AA and the rest of the club to pull up the drawbridge and go the whole siege mentality and f**k the lot of them off again by finishing really high in the league.

3 minutes ago, Wee_Eck1979 said:

Not being funny but fitness was one of the things we all notice improve under Clarke. Hence why we were very much a second half team that could fight till the final minutes. 

Its easy to say players should address this in their own time but imo it should be an integral part of the training regime even if they have to stay longer to fit it in.

Bar Nomads games, I cannot claim players look unfit 

1 minute ago, Wee_Eck1979 said:

Who is to say the work wont so that.  Do you think Juventus players or Barcelona players run up and down sand dune every day in training?

Nope the work with the ball, and on their shape and on football drills.

Man City, may my tongue turn black for saying this, are the fittest team in the UK by a country mile.  They work with the ball and don't just run around a lot.

4 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

Who is to say the work wont so that.  Do you think Juventus players or Barcelona players run up and down sand dune every day in training?

Nope the work with the ball, and on their shape and on football drills.

Man City, may my tongue turn black for saying this, are the fittest team in the UK by a country mile.  They work with the ball and don't just run around a lot.

But all their training is done at pace to recreate game tempo and give fitness training at same time. By the sounds of it ours is far from quick which means no fitness will be created on the side. This could be due to players being slow on the uptake or from a lack of understanding due to language.

For the record I’ve not been against the manager, however it is worrying if some snr players are going through the motions. 

18 minutes ago, funky monkey said:

I've no problem with Kirk coming out and having his say.

More s**t stirring by the populist media though.

This. Only reason it's being published is because it chimes with the xenophobic bulls**t the manager appears to have been putting up with since the Nomads game. 

I remember Scott Wilson (remember him? 90s/00s for Rangers and Pars?) having similar gripes about Dick Advocaat's conscientious use of video analysis in training saying that he'd "rather be playing the playstation". I love Big Kirk, but the manager's methods are his methods, and they've garnered success at a higher level than any of the players. I'm willing to trust in his belief in them.

“I gave it a go but it became harder and harder and I just wasn’t enjoying it. I’m in the last few years of my career and I just want to enjoy playing for as long as I can.

I read this as I'm in the twilight of my career & I fancy an easier time before retirement.

Thanks for the memories of the last 2 seasons, but probably best we moved him on.

Imho, AA is having a hard enough time due to the current mess behind the scenes without an unhappy player sticking the knife in.

6 minutes ago, Wee_Eck1979 said:

But all their training is done at pace to recreate game tempo and give fitness training at same time. By the sounds of it ours is far from quick which means no fitness will be created on the side. This could be due to players being slow on the uptake or from a lack of understanding due to language.

For the record I’ve not been against the manager, however it is worrying if some snr players are going through the motions. 

I would imagine that he's had to go through everything slowly at first and will gradually build it up. Our standard of players will never be able to play at the pace of City in my opinion as they don't have the technical ability. I've been impressed with what I've seen so far in terms of structure and hope to see a continuous improvement as we move through the year.

It reads that Kirk enjoyed his summer off, came back to training and expected to run off the holiday weight.

After not getting run up sand dunes during pre-season his now 35 year old body lagged behind in terms of fitness.

The lack of respect for the manager and poor aptitude in training contributed to some below par performances against CQN and Rangers.

Kirk has served us well but there’s been signs for a while that this would be his last season at Killie. If we’re looking at playing a higher line we can’t play with central defenders with no pace.

For that reason I don’t think Bruce will play as first choice too.

A bus driver doesn’t expect his boss to tell him how to drive the bus he does expect him to tell him the routes he’s to take and the time frame to do it in 

a professional football player shouldn’t expect a manager to tell him to stay sharp but he should expect him what style of play he wants and the best way to do it 

or am I missing something ? 

Has  created an indelible stain on the managers reign now with these comments that will come up time and time again in the media. Totally agree that prior tittle tattle amongst the football community will have affected players coming to the club and this has made it worse. If he had any affection for the club he wouldn’t have come out with this stuff. Very very poor from Broadfoot

Wonder what Kirk thought of his pal Lee McCulloch's training regime , Broadfoot and others looked very unfit and ill prepared for games during that period.....

much ado about nothing in that article , simply a player with an ego trying to big up himself ..... New Manager has new ideas , takes time for players to get used too....happens all over the world.....we also have extra coaching and fitness staff so cannot see fitness being lax maybe it's just a different approach 

..thanks for the 100% commitment whilst at our club KB but shut up 

Big man has been brilliant the last two years but I felt even before this that he was beginning to struggle. When Bruce came in we have looked solid. 

Who knows, it may be the managers methods and him not being as fit and sharp as he'd like but I suspect it's him taking the easy way out.
Not much personal accountability in life anymore, football is no different.  

13 minutes ago, Sp3ckyh0td0g81 said:

A bus driver doesn’t expect his boss to tell him how to drive the bus he does expect him to tell him the routes he’s to take and the time frame to do it in 

a professional football player shouldn’t expect a manager to tell him to stay sharp but he should expect him what style of play he wants and the best way to do it 

or am I missing something ? 

Absolutely this. 

When you watch Alex Bruce and DDF stroll confidently through a match winning headers and tackles playing easy passes putting themselves under no pressure and compare that to the car crash style of KB I can see why he decided to move on I have admired big kirks determination and mastery of the dark arts but football wise he’s lucky to have made his career last as long enjoy your final year of football ya big numpty