The witch-hunt has begun...

dasboag

1 hour ago, red_dug said:

In all honesty all this crap has convinced me to back him.

Sports media are pathetic in this country......top 6 and the knives are still out.

Its done the same for me. I was very happy when he was appointed, totally gutted and then fuming at him and the players for the EL debacle at home.
But since then I am desperate for him to succeed in the face of the embarrassment that is the Scottish football media. I doubt I have ever seen a more blatant gravy train, old boys network with so many pig's noses in the trough. Outside of the UK parliament of course.

Edited by historyman

The Scottish media are a racist institution. If a manager is not British then the spotlight is put upon them and criticism, that a British manager would not get,is bestowed on the foreign one. One of the worst culprits in this scenario is Willie Miller who was an abject failure as Aberdeen manager,yet has the audacity to criticise overseas managers, plying  their trade in Scotland. 

Edited by Riccarton Bluebell

I think it would help if AA gave some interviews with the press so he could get his personality across. 

It’s not essential for doing his job but even we, as supporters, don’t know much about him. 

It’s difficult to have empathy with someone when you know next to nothing about them. 

I can’t see it doing any harm if the club, management, players and fans adopt a siege mentality since the gutter press in this country seem hell bent on putting down any team trying to better themselves, how dare we! They certainly seem to have it in for us just now. Maybe in no small part due to us not pandering to the ugly sisters up the road. It’s time for the fans and club to unite and push forward, we have all had our opinions and dissatisfaction at how the summer went and the season started but I think we can all see it’s starting to look a bit more positive now. Let’s get behind Angelo and the boys and let’s show the rest of this country what being a Killie is all about!! 

1 hour ago, Wrangodog said:

This thread is basically the same as the Kirk Broadfoot one. 

Not really but they are certainly linked. Backward looking, insular, unwilling to embrace ideas and now in decline Scottish football player gets together with backward looking, insular unwilling to embrace new ideas and now in decline Scottish media to criticise new guy who is none of these things. 

2 hours ago, Travis said:

Back the team, enjoy the games and just ignore what Scottish papers say about Killie. You’ll feel the benefit in no time. 

You could add to that the broadcast media. 

The more people bleat, of which I’m not immune, about the mindless “pundits” on radio and TV, the more they will ramp up their attention-seeking behaviour. 

I haven't kept abreast of Scottish sports print journalism for many years but the last football writer of any gravitas I can recall was Ian Archer of the Herald. 

I would like to have heard his musings on what passes for journalism these days. 

43 minutes ago, killiekosmos said:

Apparently its £2m now and several £1m installments over time.  IO hope Liverpool sought guarantors (like Amiga loans?)

Reported that they only got the deal together because they qualified for the Europa group stages. They are gambling big time - Sevco 2 here we come!

3 hours ago, KillieBantam said:

Media are raging cause we hired AA over their pals Neil McCann, Yogi Hughes etc. 

I still think Angelo could be as good a manager for us as Steve Clarke was ... Osman Sow signing aside.

Agreed. I was very much Alessio out mainly due to the Nomads result which I took very sorely. I’m warming to him and the media witch hunt is cringe worthy. Fk the Scottish media