Taylor Fee

darth lord

16 minutes ago, Scooby_Doo said:

I'll pick on @skygod, since I seem to recall that he's a shareholder.

Are 'undisclosed' transfer amounts detectable in the year end accounts? Presumably this one will be due to the size, although I understand the modern thing is for these to be paid in installments, although Celtic might be able to afford it all up front.

It depends if they identify player sales as an individual revenue stream - I can't remember if they did when Coulibaly went to Egypt.

Certainly it won't be covered by the non-disclosure agreement with Celtic, it'll have to be in the accounts under revenue - but might not be headlined. 

9 minutes ago, Estragon said:

It depends if they identify player sales as an individual revenue stream - I can't remember if they did when Coulibaly went to Egypt.

Certainly it won't be covered by the non-disclosure agreement with Celtic, it'll have to be in the accounts under revenue - but might not be headlined. 

Looking at the accounts filed at Companies House (which are likely to be the same as those received by the shareholders) , the only analysis of turnover is between "football activities" and "Fitness Online" - the latter disappeared in the May 2018 accounts.

There's normally no need to disclose this, although sometimes there is a reference to it in the Strategic Report.

2018's said "no transfer fees"

2017's mentions improved transfer revenues but no figure

2016 says we got £9k (!) in the year, compared to £158k in the 2015 year

17 minutes ago, Trumpetree said:

Looking at the accounts filed at Companies House (which are likely to be the same as those received by the shareholders) , the only analysis of turnover is between "football activities" and "Fitness Online" - the latter disappeared in the May 2018 accounts.

There's normally no need to disclose this, although sometimes there is a reference to it in the Strategic Report.

2018's said "no transfer fees"

2017's mentions improved transfer revenues but no figure

2016 says we got £9k (!) in the year, compared to £158k in the 2015 year

There won't be any standards related to compulsory disclosure I don't think - for that reason they're more likely to highlight low transfer fees to make the readers understand that the revenue stated is sustainable - and perhaps more likely to gloss over high fees for the same reason. 

Unless we're looking at a specific investment I'd imagine they'd prefer to receive the money in installments for tax purposes as well - so without knowing the length of that agreement, I don't think there'll really be any way of knowing. 

2 hours ago, Scooby_Doo said:

I'll pick on @skygod, since I seem to recall that he's a shareholder.

Are 'undisclosed' transfer amounts detectable in the year end accounts? Presumably this one will be due to the size, although I understand the modern thing is for these to be paid in installments, although Celtic might be able to afford it all up front.

The whole figure will show as income in the accounts with any unpaid instalments being recorded as 'debtors' until they are received.

Really can't see why Septic would need to pay on tick though.

3 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Sell on clause is variable - they'll know the % but the amount is £0 unless he's sold.

I think that's right, but the rest of the add-ons are what's known as contingent consideration, and will have to be put into the accounts with the rest of the fee now - or evenly over time if we're getting it in installments. 

Thus making it even more difficult to look at the accounts and find out the transfer fee now.