Stephen Hendrie

Wrangodog

1 minute ago, BigYin said:

Good cover and a bit of competition at LB.  Still only 24 so if he impresses when he gets a chance then maybe the possibility of something longer term coming from it 

Think he'll only be cover? I think at the very least he will be in direct competition with Niko. If we sign him on a 1+1 like we did El Makrini it would be short sighted to use him as cover only.

2 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Think he'll only be cover? I think at the very least he will be in direct competition with Niko. If we sign him on a 1+1 like we did El Makrini it would be short sighted to use him as cover only.

Well he’s coming in to cover an area we are short. Niko has the jersey at the moment and he’ll have to prove he’s worth a start but I’m sure he’ll get a chance at some point and then it’s up to him to perform. As I said if he does do well between now and the end of the season then there will be the chance to make it longer term of it suits both parties 

11 minutes ago, Scouser2 said:

IF true then its decent signing and provides competition for places ---as AA continues his wish to have "2 players for each position" ---

one area though which is still slightly lacking is a central attacking midfielder

We're still 1 striker short too.

21 minutes ago, Scouser2 said:

IF true then its decent signing and provides competition for places ---as AA continues his wish to have "2 players for each position" ---

one area though which is still slightly lacking is a central attacking midfielder

I think creative/attack midfielder and winger or striker (if St Clair can play winger or striker) possible follow Hendrie join kilmarnock 

Edited by Craigieboy

7 minutes ago, killie billies pal said:

We currently have Brophy, Sow and Cameron, add to that St Clair looks a forward thinking attack duck, Millar can play forward and gets into great positions at times. I would like to see these guys with a Mulumbu picking out passes.

I agree. If we stick with one up front then Sow, Brophy and Cameron is a decent set of options in the short term.

Kilmarnock Football Club has completed the signing of  Stephen Hendrie on a one-year deal, subject to international clearance. 

The 24-year-old left-back arrives at Rugby Park following his exit from League One side Southend United. No stranger to Scottish football, Glasgow-born Hendrie came through the youth ranks at Hamilton Academical, making his first team debut in July 2011 as a 16-year-old.

In his time at New Douglas Park, he made over 100 appearances for Accies: winning the promotion play-off against Hibs to seal a return to the Scottish Premiership in 2013-14, before securing a move to the Premier League with West Ham.

The talented defender has also enjoyed spells with Blackburn Rovers and most recently, Motherwell. In addition, he has been capped at various youth levels for Scotland.

The club wishes Stephen a warm welcome to Killie, and wishes him the best of luck for the rest of the season.

22 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

Kilmarnock Football Club has completed the signing of  Stephen Hendrie on a one-year deal, subject to international clearance. 

The 24-year-old left-back arrives at Rugby Park following his exit from League One side Southend United. No stranger to Scottish football, Glasgow-born Hendrie came through the youth ranks at Hamilton Academical, making his first team debut in July 2011 as a 16-year-old.

In his time at New Douglas Park, he made over 100 appearances for Accies: winning the promotion play-off against Hibs to seal a return to the Scottish Premiership in 2013-14, before securing a move to the Premier League with West Ham.

The talented defender has also enjoyed spells with Blackburn Rovers and most recently, Motherwell. In addition, he has been capped at various youth levels for Scotland.

The club wishes Stephen a warm welcome to Killie, and wishes him the best of luck for the rest of the season.

Why would he need International clearance? He is Scots.

A good friend of mine knows him well from when they were both going through the youth system at Hamilton (Stephen was 2 years above). Spoke to him there and he was able to tell me the following.

Apparently his attitude is excellent and he’s a great guy to have around the dressing room. Similarities to SOD in both playing style and the path his career has taken. Very good going forward. Is however prone to switching off and isn’t as strong defensively as he is going forward. Thinks he’ll prove to be a brilliant signing for us.