AA interview in Times

Bullitt

As a club we are beginning to turn the corner after nomads. We should not underestimate the value of more positive press like this. The old team is going and a new approach lies ahead. It’s a results game though and a couple of bad results will get the more negative supporters started again. A good win against hibs on Saturday and a hampden semi final with another hibs victory and things will be bright.

He has his Football philosophy and its not just about formations and tactic's. I hope he gets time to implement it. I can see us as a Club benefiting from this experience. Hopefully an exciting ride for the fans. Might be a slow process however, Depends on results as always, He mentions how it is easier to get players to accept change if the Team is winning games and that's the same for the fans , Win matches even when playing poorly and we will accept it , But try new idea's and while we  are losing and we see it as failure.

I think he has proven in his life in Football that he is a strong character and he is a brave guy, Shown by taking on the job here, Foreign country , A country were we can be struggle to adapt to change. Less educated players (football wise) and take on a job were we have just had our highest finish in 18 years, Not to mention a lack of money.

This is exactly what I suggested during the week and it's good to see The Times making the effort to understand AA a little better.

It's still a little on the short side but it's a start.

He needs the time and space to work with what is now a much changed squad - eight new faces excluding Millar and Bruce - without a clamour for Killie to "cut their losses".

Edited by skygod

8 minutes ago, Jmac37 said:

Whilst more positive, it strikes me as a tabloid article, slightly polished for a broadsheet.  I struggle to accept the general held view in the media that it is disrespectful to change what worked under Clarke. Everything changes , every day and in order to succeed in any aspect of life we need to accept and embrace change. It strikes me that there is a huge reluctance to accept change in Scottish football - whether that is driven by fear, self interest or laziness, I don't know but what I do no is that of we fail to embrace no ideas ams people we will continue to live in the fottballing backwater, harking back to 'tanner ba' players and religious conflicts from hundreds of years ago. I've been impressed by Alessio so far, he's pushed himself far outside his comfort zone in an effort to better himself and in my view that should be applauded. He also appears to be a very decent man. I wish him every success.

I’m with you on this. I don’t blame him for the CQN debacle, our players should be good enough to have won that standing on one leg. We as fans need to adjust to AA and his style. These articles do nothing but go over the same ground. We know he’s a good man, but I want to hear more about his credo and convictions. I’d like to hear about his ambitions with Kilmarnock. What his plans are to build on this “difficult” first season. His thoughts on the Scottish style, what he’d keep, what he’d change. Something more in depth. And if the media won’t do it, then the club or this site should. I think people would show more patience if they could see there was a plan to develop things. 

Good interview and credit to the journalist for taking the time and then not following the usual lazy journalistic "trend" with way it was done....and no mention of the Glasgow 2 either! 

Our Manager came across well and was informative ..good too AA at no time belittled or criticised others who been quick to slag him off 

Some other Managers would in such an interview have had a go back at likes of Broadfoot 

52 minutes ago, Zorro said:

I’m with you on this. I don’t blame him for the CQN debacle, our players should be good enough to have won that standing on one leg. We as fans need to adjust to AA and his style. These articles do nothing but go over the same ground. We know he’s a good man, but I want to hear more about his credo and convictions. I’d like to hear about his ambitions with Kilmarnock. What his plans are to build on this “difficult” first season. His thoughts on the Scottish style, what he’d keep, what he’d change. Something more in depth. And if the media won’t do it, then the club or this site should. I think people would show more patience if they could see there was a plan to develop things. 

Agree. Fans buy into a vision. Maybe a meet the Manager night? 

11 minutes ago, Supermac said:

Nice article but too short,Angelos coaching credentials are better than anyone in the league but he’s going to need a real run of good results before any of the MSM start to listen to him and give him any sort of credit until then according to them he’s just tinkering with SSC team 

Will need more than tinkering as most are out of contract next summer, like the guy really hope he does well.

More about the man rather than the manager. Sounds like he has worked hard to get where he is. We may need to wait until we have a proper scouting operation in place to get the personnel he needs to fit his plans for our team. No guarantee that he will make the transition from top-notch coach to a manager of similar standing but he deserves more of a chance than the thickos of the Scottish sports media are giving him.