AA interview in Times

Bullitt

7 minutes ago, The Hunter said:

A decent professional appraisal of a hardworking, respectful and pilot man. Everything that Parks isn’t! Should be ashamed of himself!

lets get right behind AA, as I really believe we could be onto something very special with him! The good times don’t HAVE to stop!!

Totally agree. We can influence it. We did at McDiarmid - and to a lesser extent Hamilton - and we can continue to do so.

11 hours ago, Jmac37 said:

Whilst more positive, it strikes me as a tabloid article, slightly polished for a broadsheet.  I struggle to accept the general held view in the media that it is disrespectful to change what worked under Clarke. Everything changes , every day, and in order to succeed in any aspect of life we need to accept and embrace change. It strikes me that there is a huge reluctance to accept change in Scottish football - whether that is driven by fear, self-interest or laziness, I don't know but what I do know, is that of we fail to embrace new ideas and people, we will continue to live in the fottballing backwater, harking back to 'tanner ba' players and religious conflicts from hundreds of years ago. I've been impressed by Alessio so far, he's pushed himself far outside his comfort zone in an effort to better himself and in my view that should be applauded. He also appears to be a very decent man. I wish him every success.

Great points - I think the journalist has to keep in with other managers too. So he can't be too critical of the coaching ethos that pervades 90% of the Scottish coaches.

I am reading Michael's Cox's new book "Zonal Marking" just now - a history of European football really. It's striking how refined and ahead coaching and systems thinking was in Italy compared to the rest of Europe (and the UK) - they take coaching and managerial development so seriously there and have done for decades. I agree it will take a while for such philosophies to fully impact on the Killie team, but the thinking, history and refinement are so rich and ingrained in Italian coaching culture, that it offers a far better prospect than the usual Scottish approach. As is evident in the national team, we have a lot of catching up to do and can't even be said to 'punch above our weight' anymore...

I really liked the article - good to see Bowie get the messages out. Don't think for a moment the article came out by accident.