News from Club Website on Forums?

the doomed

Would it be possible to get the news stories from the club website created as threads on this forum?

One of the hibs fans website has it and its a great way of stimulating forum content. Also helps the club communicate which is hugely needed. 

Thoughts? http://www.hibs.net/forumdisplay.php?2-hibs-net-Main-Forum

Edited by the doomed

They're really dull but they are now doing little videos with players and staff at long last and releasing news pieces. In comparison to other clubs it's still really weak but if the club are actually making the effort to produce content for fans this kind of thing wouldn't do any harm to put things out to the forum audience given how s**te the club website has been and how few people actually look at it as a result.

Edited by livvy
Putting things out there was put out there a bit too often

The club site is still miles behind with giving news out ....Perhaps like so many things at KFC the club site could be improved by seeking help from fans instead of creating barriers...Club social media and website output has improved slightly recently ...but has a long way to get up to level of other clubs 

If there was a better relationship between the club and the fans then this would be feasible.

In an ideal world, I'd like to see the clubs social media output and communication with fans closely linked to this site and it's associated fan groups. We are the people who will consume the content, we should play an active part in deciding what that content should be. They act like we're simple plebs but @Michael, for example, has put some fantastic stuff up here and on twitter that is light-years ahead of anything the club are doing. I'm sure there are others here too that would be willing to donate their skills. This is the sort of involvement that would make us the community club we claim(ed) to be.

It can't happen because there is no communication between the club and the supporters. The club release information days after the press have picked it up, so we already know about it.

If we auto-created a thread when a news story appeared on the official site, we'd only have to merge it to a thread that was a week old.

13 minutes ago, Lroy said:

If there was a better relationship between the club and the fans then this would be feasible.

In an ideal world, I'd like to see the clubs social media output and communication with fans closely linked to this site and it's associated fan groups. We are the people who will consume the content, we should play an active part in deciding what that content should be. They act like we're simple plebs but @Michael, for example, has put some fantastic stuff up here and on twitter that is light-years ahead of anything the club are doing. I'm sure there are others here too that would be willing to donate their skills. This is the sort of involvement that would make us the community club we claim(ed) to be.

It can't happen because there is no communication between the club and the supporters. The club release information days after the press have picked it up, so we already know about it.

If we auto-created a thread when a news story appeared on the official site, we'd only have to merge it to a thread that was a week old.

In your own worlds Lroy, "Don't be a dick".  

You wrongly confuse the relationship between the club and its fans with the poor relationship Michael Johnson has with the fans. They are entirely separate. IMO you're letting your own battles get in the way of the greater opportunity here. The news is good enough to be put on the front page of this site (which is good enough of the site to do, but not unexpected).

Similarly, there are articles from the here that would be benefit from being promoted.

"On ‎22‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 9:34 AM, King said:

(Paul Stephenson) Replacing Alan Robertson according to the Sun. Beat Fow and Gordon Young to the job apparently. "

The club didn't confirm this appointment on the website until 6 July. In the meantime, a tabloid journalist had trashed the club for "abandoning" its youth development policy which couldn't be further from the truth.

This - and news items from the club full of mis-spellings of players' names - sums up for me the club's mismanagement of news communication.

I think they need to get their house in order before they have anything worthwhile to contribute to this site. 

Edited by skygod

1 hour ago, the doomed said:

You wrongly confuse the relationship between the club and its fans with the poor relationship Michael Johnson has with the fans.

At the moment, I honestly believe that there is a poor relationship between the club and the fans. Perhaps caused by the MJ issue, but a poor relationship nonetheless.

If you look at the front page of this website you will see that we carry a feed for all the news generated by the club website already, and it has done so for a year since the new site started, we built it in as a feature...so although not on the forums and generated automatically....we already cover all their stuff. The same can't be said for the official website, these things only ever seem to work in one way, that's where the spirit of cooperation falls down, we give give give and have to get anything in return for ourselves by hook or by crook. KillieFC.com "the website" has always been pro-club, my own trials and tribulations with one of the directors and similarly that of anyone (or almost everyone) on here has never been a part of the front end. I could point out literally hundreds if not thousands of times we've done stuff for the club and the staff of the club purely on the basis that we want to see the club prosper, regardless of the bit of paper which entitles Mr Johnston to his large slice of the pie.

We don't blow our own trumpet much but have a look around at all the other football sites, official and unofficial, and our content, graphics and our output via social media is better, in my opinion, than 90% of anything else in the country that anyone else produces. Much of that in recent times is down to the input of the self effacing bloke in the previous post but we've been a long time getting here and its only going to get better.

Ironically in the real (business) world the club would have bought us out a long time ago and improved their brand by incorporating ours into it and we'd be sitting around drinking coffee and smoking big cigars with MJ in his secret lair...a box of Brownings Empire biscuits would probably have been enough to swing the deal as well! If they asked us to run something for us tomorrow we'd do it, that's how we roll around here. We all know its not about us, its about the club and we're just a small part of something much bigger...but if the small cogs in a huge machine fail to turn then the machine breaks down just the same...and it is failure to factor in the importance of said small cogs (that would be the fans in this terrible analogy) which is where the club always seems to fall down.