Gerrard

2 hours ago, casual observer said:

It’s really careless. Especially since Ryan Jack is mute and can not communicate at all to let coaches know he has an ongoing knee issue that he needs to carefully manage. Hunbelievable!

This!

15 minutes ago, Zorro said:

That’s the risk you take when training on grass. Nasty unpredictable stuff. 

:2:

• 2 weeks later...

Showing his class again:

Furious Rangers boss Steven Gerrard blasts Gary Holt and Livingston over Joe Aribo injury

Aribo left the park with blood pouring from his head after a challenge from Ricki Lamie.

Steven Gerrard took a swipe at Gary Holt after Rangers battled in to the Betfred Cup semis at a cost.

The Ibrox side set up a Hampden clash with Hearts thanks to Glen Kamara’s early winner at Livingston.

But Gerrard was left fuming after midfield ace Joe Aribo was left needing 20 stitches in a sickening head wound following an elbow from Ricki Lamie.

Lions Holt insisted Rangers were fortunate not to see Filip Helander sent off for a late lunge in the first half.

But Gerrard struggled to bite his tongue and said: “I am not a biased manager. It’s a 50-50 one. Some refs might think it was a coming together.

“But it’s pretty interesting him saying that we got away with one.

“There were a few head knocks and couple the last time we played this team as well.

“Is it skirting close to dangerous play? You are the people who have to write about that and have an opinion on that. A boy has just gone off with 20 stitches in his head.

“Now, I have watched Lamie long enough to know he is not that type of player. I’m not accusing him of anything out of order.

“But that is serious foul play because he has led with the elbow and Joe has been caught.

“He had a real nasty gash that went right through.

“You could see he was gushing with blood but the doctor did a fantastic job.

“He’s bandaged up and he went straight home, so we will see how he is. But he will certainly be out for the weekend.”

Gerrard hailed his side for having the guts to tough it out at the Tony Macaroni Arena.

He said: “It wasn’t pretty but we showed a lot of courage and desire to stand up.

“It wasn’t easy on the eye but it’s difficult at Livingston.

“You are bombarded with a lot of high balls and it’s about fighting for possession.

“We did that in the main but it certainly wasn’t pretty to watch.”

Gerrard was just relieved to get through the tie and set up another last four clash. Gers fell in the semis last season but the Ibrox gaffer is determined to go all the way and end the club’s eight-year major trophy drought.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/furious-rangers-boss-steven-gerrard-20206050

"We have to make sure that we address all these issues and hopefully it won't happen again," Clarke said.

"With me, my staff and the player, it was probably a lack of communication, so we have to work on that. We have to be better in the future - and hopefully we will be."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49896799

Edited by skygod

Rangers also play on an artificial pitch on Thursday against Young Boys and although Steven Gerrard admits it can't be an excuse, he wants to see them outlawed at the top.

It comes after Jose Mourinho also criticised the pitch at the Wankdorf Stadium in Bern.

He said: “Just ban them full stop. There are certain teams that use them for financial reasons so they can survive and cope and I totally get that.

“Some people are left with no option, I appreciate that, but when you spend the amount of money on a stadium like this, or some of the other stadiums, I don’t think you have an excuse.

“I don’t like Astroturf. I see it as a risk but I don’t want to be splashed all over the papers talking about Astroturf pitches because it looks like an excuse.

“Win, lose or draw, the pitch won’t come into it. We will get judged on the result and the outcome. Nobody will have any pity for us so we won’t use the pitch.

It doesn’t get mentioned in the preparation for the game, whether we are here or at Livi or Killie. It’s a game that’s 11 v 11 and that is what we will focus on.

“We will focus on Young Boys’ strengths and weaknesses and give the boys a game plan.”

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manchester-united-boss-ole-gunnar-20393197

Glad he didn't mention it. I might have thought he was making excuses. 

He should be thanking Hamilton, Killie and Livi for giving his team suitable preparation for European football.