Mo El Makrini

Ktid1869

7 hours ago, gdevoy said:

I thought dicker had a hideous first half but came onto a game in the second. Mo had a brilliant 90 minutes and could be a real find.

You're correct - I watched the second half on Killie TV and Dicker was definitely a lot better than I thought at the time. 

I must’ve been watching a different game yesterday. El Mankini (not a spelling error) was very, very poor in the 1st half. Too many fouls committed by him and he just can’t live with the abilities of Power and Dicker. 2nd half - change of tactics and El Mankini played higher up the park and supported the strikers which he didn’t do in the 1st half. 

I remain unconvinced about him. Willing to give him an opportunity though whilst at the same time he needs to learn from Dicker and Power. 

For me, that AA should resign Millar and Bruce showed trust in the opinion of Dyer, but also that he wasn’t hell-bent on being “his own man” and closing the book on the Clarke era. 

He has always acknowledged that SC did a great job  and would be a hard act to follow. 

Not a big thing but pleasant signs of modesty. 

37 minutes ago, 24051997 said:

I must’ve been watching a different game yesterday. El Mankini (not a spelling error) was very, very poor in the 1st half. Too many fouls committed by him and he just can’t live with the abilities of Power and Dicker. 2nd half - change of tactics and El Mankini played higher up the park and supported the strikers which he didn’t do in the 1st half. 

I remain unconvinced about him. Willing to give him an opportunity though whilst at the same time he needs to learn from Dicker and Power. 

Have you considered whether it might be your interpretation of the game that is flawed, rather than El Makrini's performance? 

38 minutes ago, 24051997 said:

Also interesting to note - Alessio didn’t celebrate Millar’s goal but different story for El Mankini’s goal.....

Plenty still to do after millars goal, professionalism required. El Makrini's goal killed the game and would have been a comfortable celebration knowing the game was won!

Stop trying to find non existent faults 

22 minutes ago, McDicken'sLeftPeg said:

You must have been watching a different game.

Same game that the irritating bawabgs around me were watching - constantly screaming at Killie defenders and midfielders to push up when Hibs were playing square passes around the halfway line which were never, ever gonna hurt us. The plan is clearly to keep the shape, not allow space between the lines, pull teams onto us, then try and hit them wide and fast on the counter - or, to put it another way, the way we scored both goals yesterday.

Fans need to educate themselves. It's not boys or amatuer football. All this f**king screaming of 'push up' does my heid in.

Like the way sc played

That’s what makes me wonder whether there is more of the xenophobic edge to this. We aren’t playing 100 miles away from Clarke’s style, in fact both managers styles are quite similar. If you watch a game from last season you’ll see the same ‘two banks of four’ working very well.

its no slight on Clarke at all but with some of the fans you would think we have went from Klopp to Mourinho! 

Makrini couldn't be effective in the first half as he was at times too detached from the midfield, second half looked like a slight adjustment to allow him to get involved. Once our midfield got a foothold in the game they bossed it, makrini never had a preseason he's getting better game after game, unfortunately unless he's running through walls and putting a 40 yarder into the top bin some will continue to get on his back, totally baseless in my opinion. 

8 hours ago, 24051997 said:

He was my man of the match yesterday. In fact, until we scored, Power and Dicker were really poor and had it not been for "Mankini" we would have been completely overrun in midfield.

20 hours ago, 24051997 said:

Hopefully not learning too much from them, as he was head and shoulders above them on Saturday.

Both of them are nowhere near the level they were last season.

28 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Hopefully not learning too much from them, as he was head and shoulders above them on Saturday.

Both of them are nowhere near the level they were last season.

Hit and miss I’d say but improving. Dicker was outstanding v Aberdeen and good in Perth.

Power has been getting back to it over past few games and was very good in second half on Saturday.

I think the responsibility to be the creative drivers is holding them back. I’d actually go one of them (Power for me) alongside El Makrini and get the third player as a more attacking option. McKenzie would be my choice. The three of them get in each other’s space too often.

22 hours ago, 24051997 said:

I almost stopped reading due to embarrassment after the "El Mankini (not a spelling error)" part but stuck with it.

Dicker was giving the ball away left right and centre first half, Power really struggled to get into the game. Both came on to be excellent second half. El Makrini was by far our best midfielder first half and I'd say our best performer over the 90 minutes.

The dig about Alessio celebrating certain goals was what cemented it for me that you're just a really poor troll.

I think Mo is at last match fit, That was a very good performance from him. Has passing range is the best of the Midfield , His weight of pass means he does not give the ball away much, He works hard and has the ability to press and win the second ball (like Power). In the second half he was pushed further forward and we created a lot of good attacking situations. I voted him our MOM.

Power was back to his best yesterday imo. But its took him a while to get up to speed this season, Yet every game last year he would be one of the top performers.

Dickers form is up and down. He also looks frustrated at times. He gave away fouls and miss placed passes a lot in the first half yesterday. These passes were almost all square (safe) Passes across the back line.

I still think we lack a forward thinking centre Midfield player.

Millar needs to slow down a little , He is trying perhaps to hard to make an impact. Everything is a full speed. In the second half though he linked better with Midfield and Hammy. In the first half though when on his own and he received the ball he just tries to beat everyone with his speed and we lost the ball most of the time, With Brophey unable to hold the ball up to we made Hibs look good.

But this thread is about Makini and i like him as a player, He offers some of the qualities that Power and Dicker have , But also things they don't have. I am sure his slow start was down to match fitness, New Team and strange Scottish football. Don't dismiss the Football culture difference between Scotland and Holland, A Scottish player in Holland would be out of place at first, Would be like putting mayonnaise on a roll and slice.

ANYWAY NEEDS A SONG TO THE TUNE OF .

HE PLAYS IN MIDFIELD AND STARS FOR THE KILLIE

TRY AND GET THE BALL AND HE'L MAKE YOU LOOK SILLY

HIS NAME IS MOHAMED LLLLLLLLL - EL MAKRINI

MOOOO ! MAKRINI

HE CAME TO KILLIE AND HE FINDS IT REALLY CHILLI

BUT HE, DON'T CARE NOW HE'S PLAYING FOR THE KILLIE

HIS NAME IS MOOOO  -  HAMED EL MAKRINI

MOOOOO ! MAKRINI

Edited by Bigdaw