Celtic away ticket prices

Graeme S

16 hours ago, Jedi2 said:

Different factors, ....expectation of losing, the whole atmosphere around the place, having to sit so close to folk chanting sectarian bile (same at Ibrox obviously), with stewards/police as ever turning a blind eye, and challenging any away fans who call it out. Was interesting to see Dunfermline take a really good support there for the League Cup game recently though (albeit they dont play there very often now so was a 'big' game for them)

Exact same happens at Ibrox though and we almost always sell out our 800 for there.

Drops to 200 if you're luck at Parkhead for some reason.

On 9/16/2019 at 8:08 AM, Squirrelhumper said:

Exact same happens at Ibrox though and we almost always sell out our 800 for there.

Drops to 200 if you're luck at Parkhead for some reason.

More chance of getting a result at Ibrox I guess? 1 win in 64 years is hardly inspiring enough to grasp a non-regular travelling supporter. As one of them myself St Mirren, Hearts, Hibs & Motherwell have always been more appealing fan wise. I've never been to Parkhead myself but planning on going to the game in Feb solely to "tick it off the list" and never go back.

I really, really grudge them the money. Been half a dozen times in my life, 3 Celic and 3 Sevco. Hate going.

That said, the home support at Ibrox last season was less unpleasant than the away support at RP imo.

I don’t go away every game and inevitably you choose games based on a variety of factors. Planning first-ever Dingwall trip this season; far more appealing that a game in Glasgow.

Edited by NorfolkG

10 minutes ago, KillieBantam said:

More chance of getting a result at Ibrox I guess? 1 win in 64 years is hardly inspiring enough to grasp a non-regular travelling supporter. As one of them myself St Mirren, Hearts, Hibs & Motherwell have always been more appealing fan wise. I've never been to Parkhead myself but planning on going to the game in Feb solely to "tick it off the list" and never go back.

I think part of the issue is we've zerp support at there ever and therefore a s**te record. 

It's not a surprise our record at ibrox is better with a much bigger support. 

Just a shame really as there's been times we've barely had 100.

Hate that place. Went every away game we played there (and hampden) from promotion til about 2001ish.

Been twice since when sammon scored in a 1-1 midweek draw in about -5°c and when we were skelped last season.

View is crap, food is crap, pubs are crap, home fans are scum, never get a fair crack from the ref. 

Final straw for me was when joos valgaaren scored with an offside possible handball in the 2nd minute of 5 mins injury time..........whistle pretty much went straight away.

May as well just have said we're playing til they win. 

I can understand fewer people going (cost, terrible record, being surrounded by bigots etc) but our support seems to totally drop off a cliff at Parkhead. If we could even take a few hundred it would at least be something, but I’ve been in some truly embarrassing travelling supports there over the years. Always feel sorry for the players, it must be soul destroying waking out and seeing that.

Anyway I never made it to either game there last season so I’m currently on a 2 match unbeaten streak at Parkhead - hopefully I can bring some good luck on Sunday!

12 minutes ago, Twisted said:

Our hopeless record there won't help but for me the view is the major issue. I've been to Celtic Park for a few Scotland games but I can never justify the money for sitting in that away end with such restricted views. £30 for this?

db1876808efcf0bfd1cdb829e1b7f62b.jpg

I’m assuming that would be the restricted view where they charge the bargain price of just £27. There’s generally plenty of room in the away section, so you can pretty much sit wherever you want - usually no need to be behind a pole.

P.S. Hope I’ve not opened a can of worms with the “sit where you want” comment!  Parkhead is the one ground where there should be no issues with that!

Edited by killie89

31 minutes ago, red_dug said:

View is crap, food is crap, pubs are crap, home fans are scum, never get a fair crack from the ref. 

Pretty much sums up Ibrox with a slightly better view TBH.

Wouldn't drink near either Parkhead or Ibrox on a match day, usually stay city centre. Although St Lukes is decent near Barras, as is West on the Green. Old Toll Bar and Park Bar are decent on Paisley Road. Usually only drink near either stadium if it's midweek or like sunday an early KO.

32 minutes ago, red_dug said:

Final straw for me was when joos valgaaren scored with an offside possible handball in the 2nd minute of 5 mins injury time..........whistle pretty much went straight away

Remember that game well, was near end of the season IIRC.