Test your Killie Fandom

amc48c

3 minutes ago, Kfcinlancashire said:

Not biased enough towards the older fan. Tynecastle, Real Madrid at home, Leeds at home, Ayr 6-1 game . The Ross Mathie  diving header in the cup at Motherwell. The Alan Robertson goal from the half way line against Alloa. Big D's winner in the cup against Celtic. Eintracht Frankfurt , the original and the centenary game. And the disappointing but great support games, like the Aberdeen cup semi at Perth or the Dundee league cup semi with the disallowed Eddie Morrison goal.

I think it’s assumed if you are old enough to have seen these games, and survived the depressing eighties, then you don't need to prove anything. 

4 hours ago, historyman said:

Falkirk?

McIlroy scored five (and missed a penalty) against Falkirk. 

Could it have been 8-0 v. Airdrie? 

5 hours ago, Trumpetree said:

Did Tommy MacLean score four in a game, but end up on the losing side?

He scored a hat-trick in a 6-4 defeat to Rangers in a League Cup semi. 

George McLean scored one for them too. 

I don't remember him scoring four, certainly not in a losing match.

Edited by skygod

On 9/15/2019 at 7:17 AM, Killieboyd said:

Cost my parents a fortune that number did!

Yes...I remember the club call spanned the time when itemized phone bills were not available until they were. All cover was broken.

Can't quite remember the rate (off peak) but minutes would quickly make pounds.

The jingle at the beginning ("...bringing you all the latest news from Rugby Park") must have consumed about 58p every time.

On 9/15/2019 at 7:26 AM, BigD'sGingerLorry said:

It was my link to civilisation when I was living in the other side of the country.

Yes...hard for the young people with their internet and premier league football for decades to know what a Killie knowledge vacuum there used to be.

The Standard....Kilie Ken....and occasional snips in the mainstream. It's great to be part of this online community - fantastic.

Clubcall was class! 

On 9/15/2019 at 6:13 AM, amc48c said:

Too many trolls here lately - so see where you fit in your Killie Fandom Score...alas somewhat biased towards older Fan...post results..

Point for each...no cheating.

Big Games
1.    Cup Final in 97 v Falkirk
2.    Cup Final in 2011 v Celtic
3.    Play off win v Falkirk (home or away) 

Big Events
1.    Testimonial for Kris Boyd
2.    Testimonial for Monty
3.    Testimonial for other past legends (point for each)
4.    Last game at Old Rugby Park v Gers 1994
5.    First game at New Rugby Park v Blackburn 1995 (Shearer hattrick)

Dim and Distant
6.    Promotion to Premier in 1993 home v Accies
7.    Relegation in 1989 v QoS
8.    Brechin Away on Boxing Day in 1989
9.    Last A*rshire Cup Final in 1999 (4-2)
10.   Travelled away to any European tie (point for each one)
11.   8-1 V Meadowbank (away) in 1990 / 91

Obscure bonus points
12.    If you still know what the Killie Club Call numbers were (0898….)
13.    For each Killie player you have witnessed score a competitive hattrick
14.    Debuts of Monty, Burns, Boyd or Taylor
15.    Finally, add the number of times you have personally seen Killie beat A*r, Celtic and Rangers.

This is your killie fandom score.

Your score???

image.png

You have alot of time on your hands. If you ever need a chat let me know

3 hours ago, amc48c said:

The jingle at the beginning ("...bringing you all the latest news from Rugby Park") must have consumed about 58p every time.

No guarantee that there would be a new message at the end of the intro either!

It sometimes wasn’t updated for days on end. 

Somebody called Terry McGeady was the voice iirc. 

Point for each...no cheating.

Big Games
1.    Cup Final in 97 v Falkirk
2.    Cup Final in 2011 v Celtic
3.    Play off win v Falkirk (home or away) 

Big Events
1.    Testimonial for Kris Boyd
3.    Testimonial for other past legends (point for each)
4.    Last game at Old Rugby Park v Gers 1994
5.    First game at New Rugby Park v Blackburn 1995 (Shearer hattrick)

Dim and Distant
6.    Promotion to Premier in 1993 home v Accies
7.    Relegation in 1989 v QoS
8.    Brechin Away on Boxing Day in 1989
9.    Last A*rshire Cup Final in 1999 (4-2)
10.   Travelled away to any European tie (point for each one)       (Dublin and Nice) 
11.   8-1 V Meadowbank (away) in 1990 / 91

Obscure bonus points
13.    For each Killie player you have witnessed score a competitive hattrick        ?? don't know
14.    Debuts of Monty, Burns, Boyd or Taylor                                                        ?? don't know
15.    Finally, add the number of times you have personally seen Killie beat A*r, Celtic and Rangers.   ?? can't remember

On ‎9‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 10:16 AM, Bodgdan said:

Paul Wright treble vs st mirren. 

John Henry v Morton

Sammon in a lc game?

Hat tricks I can think of:

Henry vs Morton

Wright VS Mirren

McCoist vs Hearts

Sherridan vs Hearts

Sammon vs Aberdeen

McSewgan vs Hibs (4)

Boyd vs Dundee Utd (4)

Nish vs Livi

Kyle vs Falkrik

Heffernan vs Hearts

Williamson vs Raith in cup

1 hour ago, skygod said:

No guarantee that there would be a new message at the end of the intro either!

It sometimes wasn’t updated for days on end. 

Somebody called Terry McGeady was the voice iirc. 

I very, very, very rarely admit to this for a wide variety of reasons, but I was once a long time ago one of the voices on the football news phone lines, including the Killie one.

And yes, it was indeed Mr McG who also did phone lines, in between working for ScotFM, Hamilton Accies, Raith, and suing people for a wide variety of interesting things.

And now I am away for a bath to try to cleanse the memory from my person.

As for memories of games and points, I think I'm probably 25+, but have such an appalling memory that I forget games about a week after they happen, making my general football-reminiscence chat utterly crap.

I tend to remember a few highlights (first win at Ibrox in 96 minutes; Scottish Cup final; trips to Shelbourne, UCD, St Pat's, Kaiserslautern; promotion game v Hamilton; staying up v Hibs etc) and the rest of the games blend into one.

I'm more likely to remember the weird bits - nearly fainting at Cowdenbeath because I got so excited and having to have a sit down; someone aiding a linesman to run into a pie at Cappielow; the weird visit to Meadowbank in the Jim Fleeting days; the little kid driving a toy car round the side of the pitch for what felt like three weeks).

Edited by Travis

On ‎9‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 11:00 AM, Kfcinlancashire said:

Not biased enough towards the older fan. Tynecastle, Real Madrid at home, Leeds at home, Ayr 6-1 game . The Ross Mathie  diving header in the cup at Motherwell. The Alan Robertson goal from the half way line against Alloa. Big D's winner in the cup against Celtic. Eintracht Frankfurt , the original and the centenary game. And the disappointing but great support games, like the Aberdeen cup semi at Perth or the Dundee league cup semi with the disallowed Eddie Morrison goal.

Could add in ones like 2-1 midweek at Pittodrie 2nd last game of the season under Calderwood when we were as good as relegated at HT,  Peterhead on a Tuesday night in the league cup etc too!

Somehow made work next day after both of those games!

Elgin Pre Season tournament is still one of my fave Killie trips. Up on the mini bus for the weekend with @Shimmy,et al. Great times.

Big Games
All of these

Big Events
No testimonials but a point for Last game at Old Rugby Park v Gers 1994. Left back scored, name escapes me and Rankers played Mark Hately at centre half. 

Dim and Distant
Everything except Brechin Away on Boxing Day and never been to any away European ties

Obscure bonus points
12.    Nope
13.    Paukl Wright in the mist away at St Mirren and Boydie scored 5 at home against the Arabs come to mind. Canny think of any others.
14.    Cant remember any debuts.
15.    Dont think we ever lost to Ayr while TB was in charge. I was at Ibrox in August 1993 but missed to 2-0 away to Celtic under Kenny Shiels.

Edited by gdevoy

On ‎9‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 6:13 AM, amc48c said:

15.    Finally, add the number of times you have personally seen Killie beat A*r, Celtic and Rangers.

Under Shiels we beat Celtic and Rangers away in the same calendar year, as well as beating Ayr at Hampden and Celtic at Hampden.

It's the only time we've beaten Celtic away since 1955. 

Given that we had about 300-350 max at Parkhead, there can't be many of us that saw all 4.

What a great year that was - only time I've ever bought a programme at Parkhead (got it after the game)

Edited by Squirrelhumper

Big Games
1.    Cup Final in 97 v Falkirk :D
2.    Cup Final in 2012 v Celtic :D
3.    Play off win v Falkirk (home or away) Was my work hen party in London for the home game or I’d have been there 

Big Events
1.    Testimonial for Kris Boyd
3.    Testimonial for other past legends (point for each) wanted to go to Super Ally’s but wasn’t allowed :( (I was a student with no money left until January loan instalment  and bank of mum and dad said no)
4.    Last game at Old Rugby Park v Gers 1994:D Tam Black :hurrah:
5.    First game at New Rugby Park v Blackburn 1995 (Shearer hattrick):D

Dim and Distant
6.    Promotion to Premier in 1993 home v Accies:D
7.    Relegation in 1989 v QoS :D but :(
8.    Brechin Away on Boxing Day in 1989 probably but can’t remember (I was 9)
9.    Last A*rshire Cup Final in 1999 (4-2) :D
10.   Travelled away to any European tie (point for each one)
11.   8-1 V Meadowbank (away) in 1990 / 91 :D

Obscure bonus points
13.    For each Killie player you have witnessed score a competitive hattrick Boyd, Wright, Nish, Coisty, heffernan, McSwegan, Sheridan, Naismith, Henry, Williamson, Watters
14.    Debuts of Monty, Burns, Boyd or Taylor all 4 I think but definitely remember Boyd and GT
15.    Finally, add the number of times you have personally seen Killie beat A*r, Celtic and Rangers. 8 v Old firm, 6 v A*r

35 ish.

Missed a few vital games in 2000-2001 when I lived in the States and 2001-2002 and 2008-2012 when I lived near London. In recent seasons had to settle for watching some big matches on the TV due to being heavily pregnant/nursing a newborn/keeping my mum company on the sofa when she was too ill to go. Pre 1990 is a bit hazy as I was <10! I was too young to go to European games on my own and my parents weren’t going so I missed out on those ones. Didn’t fancy taking a 4 month old to the CQN away match so we better qualify for Europe again so I can go!

Took my youngest to her first match on Saturday on her “half-birthday”. My six month old is now a lucky charm :D:hurrah:

ps personally I think you should get extra points for games like league cup final v hibs, cup v Morton, THAT Gretna game, losing 6 to ICT, CQN home match horror show and any loss to A*r. I think the game v hibs in 94 should be in there too.

Edited by Lulu97
typos

5 minutes ago, chubbs said:

I thought I had 30 .... then started reading the other posts and picked up another few hat tricks I'd forgotten about. 

Did Heff score 3 against QoS on the way to 2012 victory?

Did Williamson not get one against Arbroath just after he signed?

Mibbe the mind is playing tricks.

Yes to Heff. Williamson hat tricks against Clydebank and Raith Rovers (cup) I think.

Any of us poor souls who were at Stirling 6 - Kilmarnock 2 in 1997 deserve a bonus 100 points for having to sit through one of the most tortuous football matches of all time, when the reigning Scottish Cup champions managed to not just get knocked out, but utterly humiliated at the new Forthbank in the then Coca-Cola Cup.

We had a pretty decent team (if you ignore the fact that Meldrum and Derek Anderson were playing) which included plenty cup winners and new signing Jerome Vareille.

I will never, ever forget this game. We went from having a massive Scottish Cup party to get thumped by a team which included Tommy Tait, whom I was amazed to discover hadn't retired about 5 years earlier.