Rugby Park Vegan Pies

DuncanEwart

Pastry is awful. Probably the worst I've ever had. Perhaps vegans/veggies are used to second rate stuff, but that was honking.

Over did it with the spices too, possibly to hide the lack of taste, I don't know.

They are hot though, and hold their heat well. So that's a positive.

I've had to start eating healthy stuff  Friend said try Linda Mcartney vegan burgers. Got some very reluctantly and didn't tell my partner. Stuck them in a bun with Onion, Tomatoes, relish etc. She said it was one of the best burgers she'd had! I must confess I obviously knew what it was but it was really tasty! Converted! Will try Vegan pie next trip to TTOP! 

Eating vegan isnt healthy for the human body 

Eat clean, cut our added sugars salt and most processed foods.

Eat in balance and cut down on you're beer.

Average person should be looking at 2500 calories a day.  Each g or carbs or protein will give you 4 calories, and each gram of fat will give you 7.

A high protein diet of 40% protein, 25 % carbs and 35% fats (nearly ones not everything from fried).  Coupled with some decent amount of weights and cardio and you'll be fine 

2 minutes ago, KillieFanInToon said:

How do you figure that then?

Had a vegan pie on my last visit to RP, it was excellent.

Humans are not designed to eat a vegan diet, in fact every vegan I know uses loads of supplements to make up for the things their bodies cant get.

Eating a vegan pie now and again won't do you any harm, but it wont make you healthy either.

1 hour ago, Beaker71 said:

Humans are not designed to eat a vegan diet, in fact every vegan I know uses loads of supplements to make up for the things their bodies cant get.

Eating a vegan pie now and again won't do you any harm, but it wont make you healthy either.

They're pretty crappy vegans then.

The only supplement you 'need' in a vegan diet is B12, and even then it's available in processed/fortified food.

43 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

Why did the vegan cross the road?

To tell someone on the other side they are a vegan!

Cany be arsed with the militancy of a lot of vegans,  what I eat has fck all to do with others, same as what they eat has fck all to do with me.

It's a funny one that, side splitting. Generally the conversation goes like this:

"Oh, no thanks, I'm vegan."

"Whaaaaaat? But what about..."

*Cue endless questions about things they can't believe a vegan can live without before going away with the impression that vegans won't STFU about their diet.*

On 9/20/2019 at 1:18 PM, Beaker71 said:

Humans aren't 'designed' to eat any particular food, but to adapt to whatever they can consume. See Nice 'n' Spicy Nik Naks.

A vegan diet is waaaaaaaay healthier than a traditonal Western diet. By some stretch. In fact, it's hardly even the same sport.

I prefer Michael Pollan's advice (from the excellent 'In Defense Of Food' on Netflix) - 'Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants'.

39 minutes ago, Scooby_Doo said:

Humans aren't 'designed' to eat any particular food, but to adapt to whatever they can consume. See Nice 'n' Spicy Nik Naks.

A vegan diet is waaaaaaaay healthier than a traditonal Western diet. By some stretch. In fact, it's hardly even the same sport.

I prefer Michael Pollan's advice (from the excellent 'In Defense Of Food' on Netflix) - 'Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants'.

Pish, it may be healthier then a traditional Scottish or UK diet.  But the Mediterranean diet is another thing entirely. 

To choose to not eat a particular food group on the basis of taste, allergy, etc is fine.  To do so on some sort of crusade is horses**t  

A traditional Scottish or UK diet is a traditional Western diet. So glad you agree on that. I wasn't talking about the Mediterranean diet, since we don't live there.

I don't think anyone chooses not to eat a food group based on allergy - it's kind of chosen for them.

If someone wants to eat whatever they want is up to them. Whether or not you think it's a crusade or not doesn't matter. Not sure why it has you frothing at the mouth so much, what other people eat doesn't affect you.

Just now, Scooby_Doo said:

A traditional Scottish or UK diet is a traditional Western diet. So glad you agree on that. I wasn't talking about the Mediterranean diet, since we don't live there.

I don't think anyone chooses not to eat a food group based on allergy - it's kind of chosen for them.

If someone wants to eat whatever they want is up to them. Whether or not you think it's a crusade or not doesn't matter. Not sure why it has you frothing at the mouth so much, what other people eat doesn't affect you.

I’m not frothing at anything.  Just trying to pint out the posh which gets posted as fact about veganism.