No cash gate.....

Mclean07

12 hours ago, Wrangodog said:

I wanted to buy a ticket for the Hibs LC game. The original email was sent to my old email address, managed to remember my old email password and accessed the invite to buy from Ticketco. There's a bit on the request where you can update your phone or email address. Confirmation of purchase went to the correct email address and text of confirmation went to my phone. 

The e-mail account that Ticketco have for me does not exist anymore. The company who ran it have stopped providing a service 3 years ago. Every e-mail Ticketco send me must get an error message back but they keep on sending them. 

I did, as far as I was able to, update my details when I renewed my season ticket, and they sent the new ST QR code to my new e-mail. Subsequently they have reverted to sending all comms to my old account that doesn't exist and have totally blanked all my efforts to correct it. You must need a special degree in imbecility to work for them.

7 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

The e-mail account that Ticketco have for me does not exist anymore. The company who ran it have stopped providing a service 3 years ago. Every e-mail Ticketco send me must get an error message back but they keep on sending them. 

I did, as far as I was able to, update my details when I renewed my season ticket, and they sent the new ST QR code to my new e-mail. Subsequently they have reverted to sending all comms to my old account that doesn't exist and have totally blanked all my efforts to correct it. You must need a special degree in imbecility to work for them.

Here is the solution

Ticket Box Office

20 hours ago, MrTumnus said:

The club want everyone to move to online sales and handle less cash.

As long as they provide a cash turnstile people wont change their behaviour.

Queuing up for the ticket then again at the turnstile is the price (time) they pay.

Whether you agree or not, it is the system that's in place. It's not as if people are being refused entry, just taking them a little longer.

Why make it as bloody hard for folk , not everyone can go online or have fancy phones , cash turnstiles should always be available it’s a joke that you’ve to go to a hut then to the gate —- clowns 

19 hours ago, gdevoy said:

What if I simply don't have space on my smartphone for multiple apps. My bank insist I have one, my building society insist I have one, almost every organisation I do business with demands space on my smartphone.

They do text me a link to the bar code but if I change my mobile number I'm stuffed.

I have pressed the contact customer services button on their web page and sent them a nice message. They acknowledged receit of said message but I have had nothing from them since. I sent a follow up message.... nothing. 

Aw FFS

3 hours ago, superfan said:

Here is the solution

Ticket Box Office

Thanks for that.

Somebody, it may in fact have been yourself provided me with this lady's contact details before. I tried calling a couple of times but got no reply. Then, rather stupidly, I thought I copuld sort it out directly with Ticetco. Silly me. Clearly the answer is persistence with this number. At least I know there will be some reply eventually.

:)

1 hour ago, gdevoy said:

Thanks for that.

Somebody, it may in fact have been yourself provided me with this lady's contact details before. I tried calling a couple of times but got no reply. Then, rather stupidly, I thought I copuld sort it out directly with Ticetco. Silly me. Clearly the answer is persistence with this number. At least I know there will be some reply eventually.

:)

I would suggest emailing Katrina will be more successful for you.  I did that when having issues with season ticket and it was sorted out within a couple of hours.  With email she can deal with it when she has time as opposed to you being lucky/unlucky as to whether she is free to  answer the phone at the point in time you are able to call in.....

The new system is great for home fans but away fans that turn up on the day won't have access to the system will they? For everyone outwith oldfirm i'd rather they paid us their money rather than staying at home.

Apparently they have to go to fitness centre. Guy at my work is a Hibs fan, stays in ayrshire. It didn't make sense for him to go to edinburgh for a ticket and ordering one from Hibs was costing £7 extra in booking/delivery. Had to phone the club for the info, went to the fitness centre and was closed with no notice of when it was opening. He eventually got his ticket but It's simple things we can fix.

We should be making it clear on ticket info. Firstly promote the ticketco app then say home fans wishing to turn up on day can get tickets at booths then say what for away fans. We're getting better at this but still some small issues

1 hour ago, melly said:

I would suggest emailing Katrina will be more successful for you.  I did that when having issues with season ticket and it was sorted out within a couple of hours.  With email she can deal with it when she has time as opposed to you being lucky/unlucky as to whether she is free to  answer the phone at the point in time you are able to call in.....

Yeah, e-mail might be the best way all round.

In addition to not having to get lucky catching her with the phone I can get the key details down in print without having to dictate everything over the phone.

Edited by gdevoy

1 hour ago, Mclean07 said:

I love the “if it doesn’t suit you, tough” attitude to customer service. A lot of mini MJs on here. 

Yeah, it is one of the things that really appeals to me too about using modern technology. Sadly it seems to be the path most businesses have chosen to follow. My experiences with Ticketco are no different to my bank, my building society and my home energy provider. All of them talk a good game when it comes to how important their customers are but it is really minimising costs that is the main driver. If they lose a few customers along the way it's no big deal.   

I think there are two issues with possible answers here.

Educating our fans to turn up at least 30 minutes before kick off if they want to buy a ticket on the day. Probably for the older generation who don't do technology.

More prominent signage at the club in how to purchase a ticket online for those who don't know what to do. Step by step guide. Maybe beside the ticket office.

Just a couple of thoughts.

20 minutes ago, CBFC said:

More prominent signage at the club in how to purchase a ticket online for those who don't know what to do. Step by step guide. Maybe beside the ticket office.

I agree, a graphic with the simple steps for "smartphone purchase" and "cash on matchdays" posted all over the stadium rather than the current drip, drip, drip on the internet.

If you are introducing something new you really have to make it as simple and clear as possible. 

Can The Trust/ Club have a learning night in The Park Hotel? 

Get about ten Mobile experts sitting at desks , advertise the event on a match day and all the people having issues for various reasons can turn up and be shown how to move into the cash free environment which is going to be the norm in the future.

Regardless of how easy the app is to use, having contactless technology on the turnstiles would be quicker, easier, and bring us in line with pretty much any business these days. Think about how insanely easy it is to use the London Underground these days: plonk yr wallet on the button, done. It’s incredibly efficient and everything goes much smoother than before. You could have a queue of 100 folk through the gates in minutes. It’s not technology that’s difficult to implement either, the tiniest of businesses use it with not bother.

9 minutes ago, aumgn said:

Regardless of how easy the app is to use, having contactless technology on the turnstiles would be quicker, easier, and bring us in line with pretty much any business these days. Think about how insanely easy it is to use the London Underground these days: plonk yr wallet on the button, done. It’s incredibly efficient and everything goes much smoother than before. You could have a queue of 100 folk through the gates in minutes. It’s not technology that’s difficult to implement either, the tiniest of businesses use it with not bother.

Rock up to a gate, 'single adult & three weans please hen', swipe, click click click click. Sounds simple enough.

Would need to increase the limit on contactless payments though.

And you couldn't do it at the speciality games, for obvious reasons.

My problem isn’t with a cash gate. I tried to get in the East Stand at half time when we played Rangers. I was travelling down from up North. Jobsworth stewards were absolutely no help at all. I had to run round to the West Stand where after a further delay one of the employees eventually let me into the West Stand. Not ideal but surely they can keep one person at a Gate to scan my season ticket.

5 hours ago, CBFC said:

I think there are two issues with possible answers here.

Educating our fans to turn up at least 30 minutes before kick off if they want to buy a ticket on the day. Probably for the older generation who don't do technology.

Just a couple of thoughts.

“Educating”........how patronising.

On 9/15/2019 at 6:21 PM, Tom061087 said:

On the basis of yesterday no for the following reasons

- for the west stand there were 2 ticket office windows open, instead of I think about 4 cash turnstiles previously

- the process of “paying in” once you get to the window involves the ticket assistant taking your order and then going through the booking system on an iPad, selecting a seat and then waiting for the ticket to print. Much longer than just handing cash over at the turnstile. I didn’t fuss over what seat was selected but it looked like some customers were looking to choose where their seat was, which was holding up the process further

- once I go at to the turnstile there was no queue at all (the game was a few mins in) but I had to wait a few minutes because my ticket would neither scan or accept manual entry. Maybe I was just unlucky.

last season I regularly parked up the car at ten to 3, fast walk to the ground and in my seat about bang on the starting whistle. Yesterday at least 15 mins was added to that.

however, as mentioned above education is part of this, I didn’t know the app or online was an option at the last minute but I will try it out next time.

also, I understand that the delays were much less if using the east stand “pods” - I was meeting someone in the west stand so didn’t have the option

Oh no,,,, education....McLean will have you for being patronising....