Chat of BBC bias

Dillinger

I usually like Ferguson on the radio. Also the 2 on sportscene. But wtf was the commentary on our highlights last night ???? Did they not send somebody to cover the game ? Old Kiridean was clearly phoning it in from his couch somewhere . It reminded me of the bad old days of Scotsport on a sunday with that knob White kidding on he was there, but clearly a voiceover. Again the BBC looking cheap as chips

6 minutes ago, aldo71 said:

I usually like Ferguson on the radio. Also the 2 on sportscene. But wtf was the commentary on our highlights last night ???? Did they not send somebody to cover the game ? Old Kiridean was clearly phoning it in from his couch somewhere . It reminded me of the bad old days of Scotsport on a sunday with that knob White kidding on he was there, but clearly a voiceover. Again the BBC looking cheap as chips

The voice overs on these are often poor. I do like the programme though.

40 minutes ago, aldo71 said:

The crazy think is that Kiridean was at the game giving updates to the BBC sportscene results show, but have to agree the voiceover for the game was awful. 

On 9/15/2019 at 8:00 PM, Dillinger said:

Across several threads, there have been various folk bemoaning the BBC's coverage, saying their pundits are biased, that they dont give us credit etc. 

Lets look at the various statements. O'Donnell's pass was described as a hoof in the match report. The journalist realised his error and changed this to a very complimentary description after an apologetic tweet. 

Talk that the radio coverage wasnt fair on us, yet its widely acknowledged by anyone who's heard it before that the show is brutal and that several pundits talk up their own teams. Switch it off? Its drivel. I stick it on when back in the car to hear our manager and otherwise never listen. 

Just watched Sportscene where Jonathan Sutherland made a point of giving us credit instead of just criticising Hibs. All three were very complimentary about us. Michael Stewart alluded to the early season rumours of discontent but said weve turned it around and are building something. Thompson said he hopes it works out for Alessio and commented that he seems a nice man. Incidentally, the SOD pass was raved about. 

I'd calm down the chat of BBC bias - someone even said we should follow those at Ibrox and ban them from the stadium - as its total Old Filth patter and its embarrassing to read. 

Your right pal but this forum is polluted with f**k wits , yes the bbc etc are full of know nothing pundits but don’t take it to heart , I’ve said many times on here that if KFC do well the press etc will hate us , and sure enough .......

10 minutes ago, DrewWylie said:

Your right pal but this forum is polluted with f**k wits , yes the bbc etc are full of know nothing pundits but don’t take it to heart , I’ve said many times on here that if KFC do well the press etc will hate us , and sure enough .......

Keep fighting the good fight against all them f**kwits.

2 hours ago, aldo71 said:

I thought it was just terrible commentary.

Then when he said great pass from SOD, I realised he was doing a voiceover

16 minutes ago, mitch14 said:

Hilarious listening to last night's Sportsound. Apparently Levein should get more time and it's refreshing to hear him being backed... From the same panel that would have had Alessio binned weeks ago... Program needs a massive refresh 

That was some of the worst cronyism I’ve ever heard.

Peter Grant sounds like ‘a right good lad; one of the boys’ 

2 hours ago, mitch14 said:

Hilarious listening to last night's Sportsound. Apparently Levein should get more time and it's refreshing to hear him being backed... From the same panel that would have had Alessio binned weeks ago... Program needs a massive refresh 

By refresh do you mean binned?

On 9/15/2019 at 8:00 PM, Dillinger said:

O'Donnell's pass was described as a hoof in the match report. The journalist realised his error and changed this to a very complimentary description after an apologetic tweet. 

Would Kheredine Idessane have changed his tweet if not for the complaints of us Killie fans? 

46 minutes ago, Mogwai said:

The fawning support offered by parasites like Preston to Levein after a piss poor 33 games (that's thirty three games, nearly a full season of pish results) contrasts shamefully with the incestuous, "he disnae know the Scottish game" xenophobia spewed at Alessio after a couple of poor results.

There was a point the other night, that while 'defending' Levein, and saying he was a great coach, pointed out that he has been through this kind of pressure at Dundee United, Leicester and Scotland. They saw that as a positive.

I would say it shows a pattern......

3 hours ago, Scooby_Doo said:

There was a point the other night, that while 'defending' Levein, and saying he was a great coach, pointed out that he has been through this kind of pressure at Dundee United, Leicester and Scotland. They saw that as a positive.

I see Levein’s record and him staying at the Scumbos as a positive. 

The BBC IS biased. It allows pundits to openly support their team. Without a counter-balance that is bias.

There are plenty of ex-Killie players who speak well at half time every week. What would it cost? Taxi fare and a nominal appearance fee?

It’s getting boring us all saying it but Sportsound needs shoved to the back of a cupboard with all the other 90s memorabilia. Good fun - at the time - but not any more.

Edited by NorfolkG