Happy Referendum Anniversary

Mclean07

3 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

Very rarely look at the Nationalist Forum now, but have had a quick check I see nothing’s changed. Not a single SNP issue challenged or even discussed. This isn’t a forum, it’s a fab boy site. See you next year, to offer my good wishes again. Cheers lads. Enjoy. 

Oh look said the whole world, a massive troll who offers nothing but a continuation of the ruling elite.

Back in your box he shouts, as he tugs his forelock.

Even in the face of the most extreme English nationalist government and brexit you still support them.

Absolutely shameful. 

Just now, Beaker71 said:

Oh look said the whole world, a massive troll who offers nothing but a continuation of the ruling elite.

Even in the face of the most extreme English nationalist government and brexit you still support them.

Absolutely shameful. 

Just now, Beaker71 said:

Absolutely shameful. 

Don’t worry. I’ll leave you again now, to you’re wee talking shop. I know you hate debate, so I’ll get ‘back in my box”. You can then chat among friends without dissent. I don’t support the Government in any way, and have been opposing tories far longer than you, so better not to tell lies. You’re really don’t understand political differences, do you. The SNP aren’t Scotland. Cheers pal.

44 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

Very rarely look at the Nationalist Forum now, but have had a quick check I see nothing’s changed. Not a single SNP issue challenged or even discussed. This isn’t a forum, it’s a fab boy site. See you next year, to offer my good wishes again. Cheers lads. Enjoy. 

I have raised the glaringly obvious fact that the current SNP government are making a real dogs breakfast of education and their hospital building program aint going too well either. But strangely neither topic ever gains much traction. 

1 minute ago, gdevoy said:

I have raised the glaringly obvious fact that the current SNP government are making a real dogs breakfast of education and their hospital building program aint going too well either. But strangely neither topic ever gains much traction. 

Education is still ahead of every other nation in the UK, as is the NHS.  As for the hospital build issues, these will be fixed but the public purse will still be better off than PFI.

2 hours ago, Mclean07 said:

Nothing has changed correct, the UK is still going from one shambles to another and Labour are as dead as a do-do in Scotland.

Independence is coming you well know it.

1 hour ago, Mclean07 said:

Don’t worry. I’ll leave you again now, to you’re wee talking shop. I know you hate debate, so I’ll get ‘back in my box”. You can then chat among friends without dissent. I don’t support the Government in any way, and have been opposing tories far longer than you, so better not to tell lies. You’re really don’t understand political differences, do you. The SNP aren’t Scotland. Cheers pal.

You hate debate too TBH - the political party you refuse to see wrong in and vote for continually like a lemming  are a complete and utter shambles and have allowed a shambolic Tory party to still be in power. I mean, a Tory Party with Boris f**king Johnston as leader are still well ahead of Labour. They'd be as well giving up. Going by the number of votes they get up here the lemmings are falling off the cliff edge.

Wasn't that long ago you were celebrating folk losing their jobs in Sunderland due to their voting intentions in Brexit. Just one example of your toys out the pram hissy fits. A real Labour man there, Brian Donahoue type behaviour.  Now, there's a real cretin.

I've never said SNP are Scotland, not actually saw anyone on here say that TBH, they are however the Scottish Government whether you like it or loathe it and will be for the foreseeable future until another party (sure as hell won't be Labour) dislodged them.

I've voted SNP, I've voted Labour and I've voted Lib Dem. Only one I see as being remotely electable up here due to the other tqwo being shambolic are SNP and until that changes i'll vote for them. 

Edited by Squirrelhumper

22 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Nothing has changed correct, the UK is still going from one shambles to another and Labour are as dead as a do-do in Scotland.

Independence is coming you well know it.

Correct.

The UK is still going from one shambles to another but Boris Johnston is the only person remotely likely to be PM after the next general election. Labour are a total clusterf**k thorough the UK and there is no actual choice except Johnston or Corbyn because of the Westminster electoral system was designed in the 18th century and people like tradition.

Independence is coming I agree. I would just like there to be a plan, in contrast to the "lets all leave the EU" idea. The "Freedom" did not work out too well in Zimbabwe. The flags and the marches and the calling everybody a traitor or collaborator who did not agree with them could not put food on peoples table or fuel in their vehicles.

I believe Nicola Sturgeon has her "heid screwed oan" the right way but some of those around her have that swivel eyed countenance that Beaker usually ascribes to "Yoons". 

5 years on and still there's no positive case for remaining in the union.  If people had known the shambles of Brexit in 2014, there's no way they would have voted to NO in 2014 to guarantee their EU membership for less than 24 months!  Then there's Devo Max and the Vow that never happened.  That frigate factory on the Clyde that never happened.  Stuffing postal votes in ballot boxes that never happened.

The Scotland in the UK/EU sold to No voters in 2014, wasn't how it panned out in the end.  YES side only got 45%, so they didn't get what they voted for too.  Means current Brexit UK political setup is temporary stage to something else - as it wasn't what anyone voted for by majority in either referendum in Scotland.

Unless you're a UKIP/Brexit party/Tory Eurosceptic in Scotland, you should welcome political change from our 2019 setup - the overwhelming majority of us, don't get the government (and overarching political decisions) we vote for!

Edited by RAG

12 minutes ago, RAG said:

Unless you're a UKIP/Brexit party/Tory Eurosceptic in Scotland, you should welcome political change from our 2019 setup - the overwhelming majority of us, don't get the government (and overarching political decisions) we vote for!

The Torygraph today is headlining a poll it commissioned in he last couple of days showing "60% of Scots don't want independence." Their message to Wee Nicola seems to be, "look how much of a complete f**k up Boris is but you still cant get a majority in favour of independence".

Actually if you read the article you find it was only actually 59% and before jumping to any conclusions I would like a little more info  .......

a) What was the sample size?
b) What the geographical distribution of the sample?
c) What was the exact wording of the questions asked?
d) What, if any, sample bias compensation was used?

Strangely The Torygraph did not make any of this easy to nail down.

22 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

The Torygraph today is headlining a poll it commissioned in he last couple of days showing "60% of Scots don't want independence." Their message to Wee Nicola seems to be, "look how much of a complete f**k up Boris is but you still cant get a majority in favour of independence".

Actually if you read the article you find it was only actually 59% and before jumping to any conclusions I would like a little more info  .......

a) What was the sample size?
b) What the geographical distribution of the sample?
c) What was the exact wording of the questions asked?
d) What, if any, sample bias compensation was used?

Strangely The Torygraph did not make any of this easy to nail down.

It was arch unionist group Scotland in Union that commissioned it.  About 1,000 respondents, survation I think did it.

The question was..

"Q2. If there was a referendum tomorrow with the question 'Should Scotland remain in the United Kingdom or leave the United Kingdom?', how would you vote?"

Not "Should Scotland be an independent country" the normal question used.  Seems to conflate or confuse the EU Leave / Remain answer to indyref's YES / No folk are used to.

Main swing at present is amongst REMAIN voters in 2016 to YES, so wording question in this way, will mask 'soft' indy support in moving voters.  Seems bizarre, schoolboy stuff, when is reported as an indy poll, when they've not asked the indy question!  

Edited by RAG

37 minutes ago, RAG said:

It was arch unionist group Scotland in Union that commissioned it.  About 1,000 respondents, survation I think did it.

The question was..

"Q2. If there was a referendum tomorrow with the question 'Should Scotland remain in the United Kingdom or leave the United Kingdom?', how would you vote?"

Not "Should Scotland be an independent country" the normal question used.  Seems to conflate or confuse the EU Leave / Remain answer to indyref's YES / No folk are used to.

Main swing at present is amongst REMAIN voters in 2016 to YES, so wording question in this way, will mask 'soft' indy support in moving voters.  Seems bizarre, schoolboy stuff, when is reported as an indy poll, when they've not asked the indy question!  

Scotland in unions is that even still a thing, last I'd heard is they were on the verge of going totally bust (them being a limited company and all).

Polls like this are quite laughable actually, and only serve the propaganda machine which fewer and fewer people are listening to, or even paying attention to.

Also had to laugh at a print journalist whi was bemoaning the reduction is sales whi actually believed himself when he said democracy was at stake if peont journalism went by the wayside!!!!

Does he remember the view or has he read any of the red tops or even most broadsheet from the UK?  They are all politically driven and selling their own agenda, nothing any of them point can be taken at face value at all.

1 hour ago, RAG said:

I would vote remain tomorrow too. However.

"If the UK was to leave the EU without a trade deal and Boris Johnston was to be voted Prime Minister for a further 5 years how would you answer the question 'Should Scotland remain in the United Kingdom or leave the United Kingdom?',

I would vote leave.

There are Labour Unionists in Scotland who will put up with Tory government after Tory government because they think that is better than an Independent Scotland voted in by people living in Scotland. Yes the SNP government is far from being perfect but surely to God Independence is a far better option.

2 minutes ago, EKX16 said:

There are Labour Unionists in Scotland who will put up with Tory government after Tory government because they think that is better than an Independent Scotland voted in by people living in Scotland. Yes the SNP government is far from being perfect but surely to God Independence is a far better option.

Go on name him 

6 minutes ago, EKX16 said:

11 minutes ago, EKX16 said:

The way the country is going both options at the moment fill me with dread

37 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

"If the UK was to leave the EU without a trade deal and Boris Johnston was to be voted Prime Minister for a further 5 years how would you answer the question 'Should Scotland remain in the United Kingdom or leave the United Kingdom?',

I would vote leave.

They settled on the question being a Yes / No in 2014.  As they used Leave / Remain from 2016- to this day for Brexit, is simply daft and confusing wording the Scots question using the terminology of the other big referendum of our times and importantly not using the word independence.

They'll have asked it using the standard question everyone used in 2014 too, I'm guessing the result looked less favourable to the Scotland in Union cause.

44 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

I would vote leave.

No you wouldn't.

18 minutes ago, undefined said:

No you wouldn't.

Spot on his education by the empire would kick in and he, Killie1961 and mclean would vote for the union like good little citizens every time.

This is why the young are thekey, waaay too many over 60's who've been educated to vote labour al their life and that it, whatever labour tell them us fact  and everything else is lies.

Just look at the way archie McPherson behaved in 2014  and think maclean and his ilk.  There will be no changing mist if them as they stay in their own little bubble with other like minded unionists.

Edited by Beaker71

28 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

Spot on his education by the empire would kick in and he, Killie1961 and mclean would vote for the union like good little citizens every time.

Well, you better hope like hell you are wrong because without more support from somewhere the Independence vote is not going to grow over the 50% you need any time soon.

It is true that young people becoming eligible to vote are more likely in favour of independence that those older unionist voters dying off.

But if you want to win indyref2 next year you can't have it both ways. Get a vote in favour of independence and stick it right up everybody who voted to remain part of the UK last time. You actually need a proportion, those of sober judgement who reluctantly sided with Gordon Brown in 2014, to become persuaded that they should come over to your side.

6 hours ago, Mclean07 said:

We know. You only come in here to troll, as was noted earlier.

Screenshot_2019-09-18-15-04-30.jpg