Tynecastle

Killietillidieu84

43 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

That's the thing, we haven't a leg to stand on as our own club charge £27 for some fans.

If a supporter march or whatever was organised, I’d attend. 27 quid is too much for us and charging different amounts for fans is poor practice imo.

There is a huge amount of positive spin - and increased numbers possibly - for a club which makes the game affordable for all and fair across the board.

Edited by NorfolkG

Tynecastle and Easter Road both what I would call proper football stadiums good crowds great atmosphere and we usually have a great support at both. £29 is taking the piss but as said elsewhere won't stop me attending because it's  a day out I usually really enjoy. Hope it doesn't deter too many of our support but when money is tight perfectably understandable it will put some off.

Part of the problem is that Celtic, Sevco, Hearts, and to a lesser extent Hibs, don't need the money from away fans and can charge what they like. We're not going to get a reciprocal agreement on pricing from any of them. Maybe would pay the Hearts prices if it was a one-off, but we still have to go there later in the season so it's hardly a unique event. 

50 minutes ago, Wrangodog said:

Part of the problem is that Celtic, Sevco, Hearts, and to a lesser extent Hibs, don't need the money from away fans and can charge what they like. We're not going to get a reciprocal agreement on pricing from any of them. Maybe would pay the Hearts prices if it was a one-off, but we still have to go there later in the season so it's hardly a unique event. 

Later on in the season is midweek, so it's only time a lot of fans will make it this season.

On 9/24/2019 at 10:55 AM, Squirrelhumper said:

Each tot heir own, it'll still be one of our biggest away supports of the season.

I never said the away day was solely facilities - it's a proper ground, with normally a decent atmosphere, a wee bit of niggle between the sides over the years, plenty of decent pubs nearby and we've a good record up there over the last decade.

If I was picking and choosing away games, I'd be ditching soulless pits like Hamilton and St Mirren and going to Tynecastle and ER.

As I said though, each to their own.

Always enjoy ST Mirren away. We take great numbers and their mob back their team too. crap stadium however.

6 minutes ago, Nimmo said:

Chances of pay at the gate? Shop told me the Kit man takes any leftover back and they open a turnstile? I’m in Edinburgh so might just do that. Other option is Allen Kyle the SLO but meeting at 1415 reduces pint time by a good 40 mins 

The tynecastle arms is literally 2 mins from away end. 

Edited by Squirrelhumper

10 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

The tynecastle arms is literally 2 mins from away end. 

I know :-) I have a flat on McLeod street that I rent out! I prefer the Golden Rule which is a bit further out. Fully appreciate I’m being an ar$e for the sake of some time but I don’t get out for pints much as normally take the kids 

On 10/1/2019 at 1:18 PM, Geronimo said:

First time for me at Tynecastle for ages this Saturday. Getting the train, so was wondering best place for a pre-match pint? I’ll have my daughter with me so would have to allow kids in? Thanks in advance 

The Diggers for me not sure about kids though.