Rugby World Cup

skygod

Townsend getting shown up again for trying to implement a style his players are not capable of playing. Like expecting Newcastle to play Pep tactics and be successful. Just not going to happen. Real pity BVC wasn’t retained. 

We’ll get out the group (just) and come up against another world class side and get demolished in the QF. 

2 hours ago, Beaker71 said:

The SRU are to blame here as Vern has us making major strides and they dumped him in favour of Townsend because he was a Scot.

i am all for homegrown people. But they have to be food enough and toonie simply isn’t up to the job 

Food enough ? Scottish diet is definitely not food enough, or maybe too much food. 

Edited by Wrangodog

On ‎9‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 9:19 AM, skygod said:

The Scottish football team is s**t, but the rugby mob are a whole other... er, ball game. 

Cue Twickenham-style comeback. 

At least the football team are s**t in a sport that the full world takes part in.

The Rugby Team are pish in a sport that is only taken seriously in about a dozen countries!

There's no real support for club rugby in Scotland. Fans will turn out for internationals but two pro teams isn't enough to provide internationalists of the standard required for the Six Nations or World Cup. Ireland and Wales have four pro teams and a more traditional support of the game but Scotland, apart from the borders, has never really got behind rugby. 

Aye but, we are only a wee Country of 5 million, no like these big teams like Ireland, Wales, New Zealand.

Getting rid of Fearne Cotton was one of the most blatant cases of xenophobia i have seen in sport, even my limited knowledge of the game told me he had us going very much in the right direction, now we are an embarrassment.

18 minutes ago, killie billies pal said:

Aye but, we are only a wee Country of 5 million, no like these big teams like Ireland, Wales, New Zealand.

Getting rid of Fearne Cotton was one of the most blatant cases of xenophobia i have seen in sport, even my limited knowledge of the game told me he had us going very much in the right direction, now we are an embarrassment.

100%,  vern Cotter had us competitive against everyone.  Ffs we almost beat NZ at their best (albeit at the end of a hard season for them).  We were robbed of a place in the SF of the last WC, and the SRU expedite their 'we want one of our own in charge' plan and royally fuxk the whole thing up.

Great player tho toonie was, his scotland coaching career is shocking.  Het him to fck and put the best man in charge  and get us moving forward properly again.

1 hour ago, killie billies pal said:

Fearne Cotton ? Wakey, Wakey (only old b's will get that). 

On 9/23/2019 at 6:56 PM, Beaker71 said:

100%,  vern Cotter had us competitive against everyone.  Ffs we almost beat NZ at their best (albeit at the end of a hard season for them).  We were robbed of a place in the SF of the last WC, and the SRU expedite their 'we want one of our own in charge' plan and royally fuxk the whole thing up.

Great player tho toonie was, his scotland coaching career is shocking.  Het him to fck and put the best man in charge  and get us moving forward properly again.

The game in 2017 that finished 17-22?  That one that was under Townsend (and over 2 years into his reign)?

Townsend also has a higher overall win % and competitive win %.  Cotter only ever won 5 competitive games, only 2 of which were against tier one nations.  Townsend has 8 competitive wins, 7 of which were against tier one nations.

When it goes wrong for Townsend, it goes really wrong.  Losing to Fiji and USA in friendlies, Ireland pasting us a couple of weeks ago.  But it goes wrong less often than it did under VC 

On 10/4/2019 at 2:07 PM, killieboy87 said:

The game in 2017 that finished 17-22?  That one that was under Townsend (and over 2 years into his reign)?

Townsend also has a higher overall win % and competitive win %.  Cotter only ever won 5 competitive games, only 2 of which were against tier one nations.  Townsend has 8 competitive wins, 7 of which were against tier one nations.

When it goes wrong for Townsend, it goes really wrong.  Losing to Fiji and USA in friendlies, Ireland pasting us a couple of weeks ago.  But it goes wrong less often than it did under VC 

Statistics can be a little misleading at times,VC took over an absolute car smash of a squad and took a little time to get the belief into the minds of the players, I am not disputing your facts but simply saying that things seemed an awful lot more positive just before he left.