Hibs home, BetFred, Fred

CB

Poor game - trying to take positives from it and would say that Del Fabro, Findlay and Power were good. Dom Thomas when he came on too, now deserves at start. Wasn't impressed with St Clair but still early days and think he would operate better through a central advanced role.

I'd like to see Niko get forward more often on the overlap. Every time SOD gets the ball now you panic and think he is going to lose it and that was the case last night more often than not. Feel for Brophy, the long balls up to him when he is holding off defenders nearly twice his size must be frustrating. Can't remember when it was, think it was towards the end of the first half, he spun his defender got fouled and nothing awarded. Surely if Collum thought no foul for Killie then book him for diving? Frustrating evening.

48 minutes ago, Chris1810 said:

He cut out everything then mostly played a misplaced pass or fired the ball at Power who was two yards away from him

Maybe a tad harsh but I thought his distribution was poor last night. Reverted back to the daft wee chip through the middle to a midget. Won plenty of balls but gave plenty of them straight back.

2 hours ago, Fudger said:

SOD would be well signing the contract that was offered to him, even agree on a fair and reasonable release clause. 

His confidence seems absolutely shot and his body language suggests to me that there is a real weight on his shoulders. 

I still think he's a good player for us but maybe has ideas above his station at the moment and should get back to basics. 

Agree 100%........... a bit worried about all the training time being devoted to 'shape' at the moment, I've still to work out what our 'shape' actually is and we're nearly into October.......you could easily see what our shape/system was last season but, try as I might, I've no idea this season (apart from play the ball across the back a couple of times and then launch it to our lone striker surrounded by giant centre halves).

19 minutes ago, cdj said:

Agree 100%........... a bit worried about all the training time being devoted to 'shape' at the moment, I've still to work out what our 'shape' actually is and we're nearly into October.......you could easily see what our shape/system was last season but, try as I might, I've no idea this season (apart from play the ball across the back a couple of times and then launch it to our lone striker surrounded by giant centre halves).

I can tell you our shape easily from watching last night's game alone nevermind most games this season. When we have the ball we push our wingers high and the fullbacks too, with 1 sitting (dicker) and 2 box to box midfielders in a 433 shape. When we don't have the ball we revert to a 451 (or actually in extra time it was a 4231) with dicker sitting and we effectively have the low block Clarke was successful with. 

I agree with ith the people who say we are that one creative spark away from a solid team who can hurt people with their pace up front. 

Another missed oppurtunity, seems to be a recurring theme so far on & off the park this season!

Defence looks sorted, that back 4 won't concede many goals so he's got that done, but going forward it would make your eyes bleed. Both teams didnt deserve to go through, a horrendous game of football reffed by a complete idiot.

We aren't far away from being a good side, but we need to sort out the mid/attack, I dont know if we need 2 sitting midfielders at home to a rank rotten hibs team

Still a work in progress. Actually think you can see Angelo's influence in getting players to play with their head rather than hit and hope for the best. I thought I saw some excellent passing moves from defence to midfield and in the middle of the park. Shape good too. As others have said, just need that spark of creativity in the last third. BTW SOD was awful and you just knew he wasn't going to score the pen.

1 hour ago, cdj said:

Struggling to see how anyone can argue about our shape. We are very narrow defensively and compact. We leave our opponents wide until the ball reaches then close down. Our back 4 play the width of the 18 yard box without the ball.

Going forward full backs can travel into the opponents half without the ball but when they have the ball they must release to a centre mid on the half way line before continuing their run unless the game is very stretched and open.

Our final product is poor at the moment but it's clear to see what's going on, certainly up until the final 3rd

We were horrendous to watch last night for the majority of that match. 3 midfielders basically sitting top of each other with none of them actually getting beyond the striker. In fact none of them actually got anywhere near the striker never mind beyond him. We should have won but that was because hibs are terrible. They have gone so far backwards it’s unreal. Wasted opportunity of a trip to hampden.

4 minutes ago, Ngonge88 said:

Struggling to see how anyone can argue about our shape. We are very narrow defensively and compact. We leave our opponents wide until the ball reaches then close down. Our back 4 play the width of the 18 yard box without the ball.

Going forward full backs can travel into the opponents half without the ball but when they have the ball they must release to a centre mid on the half way line before continuing their run unless the game is very stretched and open.

Our final product is poor at the moment but it's clear to see what's going on, certainly up until the final 3rd

Yep.

4 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Never starved the club, starved the chairman. As soon as the board came in that season I was back, I went to hospitality and I spent the money that I had saved by missing 6 ( I think ) games. I believe me and my pals filled the Park Suite that day against Thistle when the new board were in place.

"My level"? Away and wipe the dribbles from your chin ya sanctimonious git.

Funnily enough, I've never seen you at any of the sponsors events that "me and my pals" attend after spending £1000s each season in sponsorship so save me the guilt trip cos I missed 6 games one season. You gloat about this like we enjoyed missing games. I know you are happy to miss games every second week but for some of us it was torture.

Nearly as bad as reading your posts on here at the time brown nosing the man who was killing the club.

Sorry for not taking lessons from you on how to support my club. You go on about TIK as if you are some sort of trailblazer. You spent years downcrying anything the Trust  did and now you are moaning folk aren't taking up TIK. Maybe your negative spin on it for years has left many other fans not wanting to get involved or contribute? You couldn't wait to shout them down in the past.

I've never said I'm a better fan than anyone else, plenty do a hell of a lot more for the club than I do/can, so i'll leave that kinda stuff to you.

Try and make your point once without name calling sometime. It’s not that difficult. You seem to get awful angry. 

Edited by Mclean07

11 hours ago, Mclean07 said:

Unlike some, I stayed through the really bad times. 

And prolonged the tenure of the guy dragging us under. I'm not going to slag off the fans that continued to go to games, entirely their prerogative, but I won't be pontificated to by them either as without the actions that some of us were prepared to take (it killed me missing games) then nothing would have changed and we'd not have had the Steve Clarke years, or a club at all potentially. You don't seem to like the fact that it took some drastic action by fans again (as it did during the Lauchlan years) to highlight the problems and bring it to a head. If there was no action taken against the former chairman then there would be no Billy Bowie involvement and everything that followed. What kind of troll are you that you would even bring all this crap up again just to try and score points when you are clearly getting your arse handed to you? It's over, move on. Like squirrel I more than made up for the games that I missed and the club got more money out of me as a result. I will never be ashamed for taking the hard line and doing what I thought was right and fighting to get our club back in good hands so you can stick your comments where the sun don't shine.

8 hours ago, Culley159 said:

And prolonged the tenure of the guy dragging us under. I'm not going to slag off the fans that continued to go to games, entirely their prerogative, but I won't be pontificated to by them either as without the actions that some of us were prepared to take (it killed me missing games) then nothing would have changed and we'd not have had the Steve Clarke years, or a club at all potentially. You don't seem to like the fact that it took some drastic action by fans again (as it did during the Lauchlan years) to highlight the problems and bring it to a head. If there was no action taken against the former chairman then there would be no Billy Bowie involvement and everything that followed. What kind of troll are you that you would even bring all this crap up again just to try and score points when you are clearly getting your arse handed to you? It's over, move on. Like squirrel I more than made up for the games that I missed and the club got more money out of me as a result. I will never be ashamed for taking the hard line and doing what I thought was right and fighting to get our club back in good hands so you can stick your comments where the sun don't shine.

You didn’t change anything. Billy Bowie did that. Don’t kid yourself. 

4 hours ago, Mclean07 said:

You didn’t change anything. Billy Bowie did that. Don’t kid yourself. 

Do you troll on a full time basis now? I give Bowie full credit for everything he has done. Bowie said himself why he got involved and I'm not going over all that again so you can have a pull at your wire. One thing if for sure, no matter what I did or what Bowie did - what you did was support the guy who was killing the club, and none of your trolling will ever change that. It's not who you are its what you do that counts.

3 minutes ago, Culley159 said:

Do you troll on a full time basis now? I give Bowie full credit for everything he has done. Bowie said himself why he got involved and I'm not going over all that again so you can have a pull at your wire. One thing if for sure, no matter what I did or what Bowie did - what you did was support the guy who was killing the club, and none of your trolling will ever change that. It's not who you are its what you do that counts.

Didn’t actually. Praised when due and criticised when due. Something a lot of people seem incapable of. Dismissing alternative views as trolling is just another way a certain group of people use to try and close down debate. The same group seem unable to make a point with name calling or crude comments. I mostly try to keep to the subject. Usually, it’s because they don’t like the truth. 

Edited by Mclean07