AFL Grand Final

fraz65

7 hours ago, fraz65 said:

Today between Richmond Tigers and Greater Western Sydney Giants.

100,000 spectators at the MCG. 

A great event that stops the whole state of Victoria for the weekend. 

I was in Melbourne 2 years ago when Richmond Tigers played Adelaide Crows in the final and the atmosphere in the city was brilliant.  The grand parade the day before the final was amazing. 

On the way over to watch the grand parade I was talking to my wife and @Killieboyd walked passed us and overheard my Scottish accent, so we ended up discussing all things Killie for a short while.  The game the next day was McCulloch's last one in charge and by the time I got back home Stevie Clarke was installed as manager

Edited by Pelesboots

Just now, Pelesboots said:

I was in Melbourne 2 years ago when Richmond Tigers played Adelaide Crows in the final and the atmosphere in the city was brilliant.  The grand parade the day before the final was amazing. 

On the way over to watch the grand parade I was talking to my wife and Killieboyd walked passed us and overheard my Scottish accent, so we ended up discussing all things Killie for a short while.  The game the next day was McCulloch's last one in charge and by the time I got back home Stevie Clarke was installed as manager

Yeah it's been some weekend. It was my first Grand Final. A bit of a massacre unfortunately so a completely one-sided game. 

I loved the build up though. 

14 minutes ago, Pelesboots said:

On the way over to watch the grand parade I was talking to my wife and @Killieboyd walked passed us and overheard my Scottish accent, so we ended up discussing all things Killie for a short while.  The game the next day was McCulloch's last one in charge and by the time I got back home Stevie Clarke was installed as manager

Yeah I  went to the game at the ground the next day and watched on the big screens there.  Very one sided match that day too.  Its mental that they make it a state holiday for the victory parade the day before the match, not that I was complaining about a free day off!

20170929_124357.jpg

3 minutes ago, Pelesboots said:

Were you at the game?  I taped it and watched it this morning and as you say it was a massacre.   Some story about Pickett though. 

Yeah I went to the game. I've never been at a 100,000 plus event before. 

I was supporting the Giants despite living in Richmond due to family connections. 

9 minutes ago, Killieboyd said:

Did well to get a ticket

He did - Richmond have far more members than the the number of tickets they were allocated.   Thousand's of them also watch the game live on screens in the ground next to MCG which I believe is Richmond's own ground. 

Hope you are well @Killieboyd

Edited by Pelesboots

31 minutes ago, Pelesboots said:

He did - Richmond have far more members than the the number of tickets they were allocated.   Thousand's of them also watch the game live on screens in the ground next to MCG which I believe is Richmond's own ground. 

Great thanks ,  there was people that camped outside of the ground for a week in an attempt to get a ticket.  I am back in Melbourne next month, pity I have missed the AR games.  How are you doing Derek?

41 minutes ago, Pelesboots said:

I got mine through GWS.

Probably the only time I'll make a Grand Final, until my MCC membership comes through in 30 years time. 

1 hour ago, Killieboyd said:

Great thanks ,  there was people that camped outside of the ground for a week in an attempt to get a ticket.  I am back in Melbourne next month, pity I have missed the AR games.  How are you doing Derek?

I'm good thanks. 

Enjoy Melbourne again. Fantastic place to go to.  

Edited by Pelesboots