Rossco home, Fred

CB

Brophy is a far better striker than Sow, anyone suggesting the decent 20 minutes that Sow had in 1st half is any better than Brophy has done in the past is daft. Brophy is missing a Greg-Stewart-type player to play with (they were unplayable for a few months), he’s so isolated with the midfield 3 25 yards behind him. Quicker he’s back, the better.

5 minutes ago, CDM1992 said:

Brophy is a far better striker than Sow, anyone suggesting the decent 20 minutes that Sow had in 1st half is any better than Brophy has done in the past is daft. Brophy is missing a Greg-Stewart-type player to play with (they were unplayable for a few months), he’s so isolated with the midfield 3 25 yards behind him. Quicker he’s back, the better.

I haven't seen much of Sow but would expect that Brophy is a better player.

The problem is that he's not suited to the loan striker role as holding the ball up and bringing others into play isn't one of his strengths. 

Perhaps Angelo will keep the same system but with Brophy in one of the two wide roles. 

13 minutes ago, CDM1992 said:

I am a big Brophy fan but happy to accept Sow had a very promising hour yesterday.

On first impression, I’d be happy to see us get something sorted longer term.

Far far too early to make any real comparison in regards to who will be the better forward for us if we keep to current system of playing the one central striker....was noticeable on Saturday that both the "wide" men were asked to play at times far closer to Sow

just hope injuries are not too serious and one or both can start giving us a far more consistent goal return than what thier stats suggest ....we also need other attacking players to start contributing more regular goals too 

8 hours ago, Killiepies said:

Brophy scored against Septic and also brought out a decent save from Foster .Thats more than Sows done in 2 seasons .

I'm not talking about that, I'm talking about all round performance, shots on target, passes, times ball is given away. 

I'm a huge fan of Brophy but he's not been at his best this season and that system doesnt suit him just yet. 

10 hours ago, fraz65 said:

I haven't seen much of Sow but would expect that Brophy is a better player.

Sow has a better goal scoring record than brophy. He’s clearly got a much better footballing brain. He’s physically stronger with a much better touch. He doesn’t work the back 4 the way brophy does. I though brophy was a decent finisher but have had cause to rethink this based on facts. The best I can say for brophy in comparison is that he is still young and has raw potential. I had hoped that he may have become more refined than he has managed over the last 30 games. Sows best may be behind him and brophy may lie ahead so hopefully room for both this season. But sow is the better central striker by far right now.

9 hours ago, piffer said:

I thought the quality of service to Sow yesterday was what we have been crying out for Brophy to get for a while. There were decent balls to feet and put into decent areas where he could look at getting a shot away. Despite having the big striker we weren’t lumping it forward too often

I respect you are a brophy fan. We all are to varying degrees as he’s a Killie player. Do you not think it would be a huge coincidence if the quality of of supply suddenly improved when we chAnged the central striker? It looked better because the big man made it look better. Rather than trap, hold, play back ( the standard forward play from the wolf) it was first time lay off, spin And move play from sow. I do think we played more balls through the middle, some from the defenders, to feet. That’s because we know sow has the ability to link. Brophy has strengths, many of them. But in the current system we have been crying out for a sow type player. He made the others look better on Saturday.

Sow and the wolf (if fit) should both start imo. Boydy used to say he loved playing up top in a two with brophy as the he always created space/chances for him. Neither seem suited to the lone striker role, big Sow had some nice touches and lay offs on Saturday but everyone seemed reluctant to shoot,  you can't accuse the wolf of being shot shy. Would like to see AA play two up especially at home.

2 hours ago, Gaz of the 20/20 said:

I'm not talking about that, I'm talking about all round performance, shots on target, passes, times ball is given away. 

I'm a huge fan of Brophy but he's not been at his best this season and that system doesnt suit him just yet. 

Agreed.

Sow's link up play was miles better than anything Brophy has offered this season.

His penalty was a shocker and he runs funny so folk instantly don't like him but he linked up well with his back to goal and brought others into play.

Some of the shouts towards him on Saturday were utterly embarrassing. Probably the same idiots who thought Colin Nish was useless.

4 minutes ago, gamla said:

It has probably been asked and answered elsewhere, so apologies if it has, but was Del Fabro dropped/rested/injured on Saturday. Was surprised to see him on the bench but no doubt there was a good reason for it. Cheers.

His hand was all bandaged to blazes, played with it on during the week. Was probably throbbing like a bugger, so decided to give him a wee rest, but still hanging around in case of emergency.