Rossco home, Fred

CB

2 minutes ago, cammy_boy said:

I think eventually Brophy will play off Sow. Brophy hasnt done anything wrong hes just not very effective in the lone role. Take it he wasn't fully fit yesterday. The only worry I have is that by playing two up top you will damage a very solid set up. But we need to score goals. However we should hace scored yesterday. Several times over. 

Brophy as a second striker would do it for me: he has the energy and desire to do the yards that Mo does. Although maybe not the all round game to work in the CM area when we are defending and building.

We have to hope that St. Clair and Sow are just rusty because it is a long time until the January transfer window. Yes Sow had some good link up play but we signed him as a striker and he didn't score. Shots on target are irrelevant if you don't score, frustrating for us in the stands, just as frustrating for the team that they create chances but don't take them. We need to decide who is our penalty taker when Brophy isn't playing or has been subbed, the last two efforts from Power and Sow have been woeful. 

7 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

Sow performed the same role as Brophy more effectively and with less energy expended as he has greater awareness and skill.

Effectively ? Still didn't score which is the job of a striker, couldn't even score from the penalty spot, Brophy would have scored. 

Edited by Wrangodog

3 minutes ago, Wrangodog said:

Effectively ? Still didn't score which is the job of a striker, couldn't even score from the penalty spot, Brophy would have scored. 

He would, but I wouldn’t use Brophy’s scoring record against Sow. I like Brophy, by the way. I think he’s been given a bad hand with no help.

2 minutes ago, Wrangodog said:

Effectively ? Still didn't score which is the job of a striker, couldn't even score from the penalty spot. 

Take the penalty out of it. Which was terrible. He was very effective. His role was to draw defenders and create space for others. He did that very well. Yes he didn't score but he was hardly missing sitters or not geting into position. Forced two good saves and a couple of last gasp blocks. Its his first start and in sure he will only get better. 

11 minutes ago, cammy_boy said:

Take the penalty out of it. Which was terrible. He was very effective. His role was to draw defenders and create space for others. He did that very well. Yes he didn't score but he was hardly missing sitters or not geting into position. Forced two good saves and a couple of last gasp blocks. Its his first start and in sure he will only get better. 

I hope he gets better but I'm not sure that he will, time will tell. 

For me the main issue isn’t with the strikers, it’s the wingers, they sit far too narrow in a front 3, it’s obviously what they’ve been told as no matter who plays they all do the same, it’s one of the reasons sod has looked so poor also, he has no one in front of him, they sit narrow and it becomes easy to defend, we need to get them stuck on the line and stretch out defences. 

2 minutes ago, Darryl1869 said:

For me the main issue isn’t with the strikers, it’s the wingers, they sit far too narrow in a front 3, it’s obviously what they’ve been told as no matter who plays they all do the same, it’s one of the reasons sod has looked so poor also, he has no one in front of him, they sit narrow and it becomes easy to defend, we need to get them stuck on the line and stretch out defences. 

Rory is never going to do that but Liam hugs the touchline for the majority of matches in my opinion.

41 minutes ago, Wrangodog said:

We have to hope that St. Clair and Sow are just rusty because it is a long time until the January transfer window. Yes Sow had some good link up play but we signed him as a striker and he didn't score. Shots on target are irrelevant if you don't score, frustrating for us in the stands, just as frustrating for the team that they create chances but don't take them. We need to decide who is our penalty taker when Brophy isn't playing or has been subbed, the last two efforts from Power and Sow have been woeful. 

At least power forced the goalie into making a save from his effort but yesterday's the opposite a pass back fo the goalie his body language in the run up to take it sent a telegraph it is possibly the worst penalty attempt any of our players has ever taken and that is some feat.

I’ve seen Bruce play four 90 minutes and he has been immaculate in every game.

Harsh to lose place after St Johnstone; to lose it again now would be unfair.

He is also a proper leader. Not a shouter and bawler but leading by example and talking. Dicker has been good at that in recent games too, to be fair.

Edited by NorfolkG

2 hours ago, cammy_boy said:

Think you've hit the nail on the head with how the scoreline impacts peoples view of the performance. In my opinion we were every better over the whole game than vs Hibs two weeks ago. But we never scored. 

Correct. yesterday was the best football we played this season. Ross county are no diddies. After opening 15 minutes we controlled the game and looked dangerous. Rotation of the ball was excellent, across the back And through the middle. The difference for me was that we had a guy up front where you could play from back into feet and his link play increased the momentum of attack rather than reduced it. A penalty win and most ( cause there is always some) would have been raving about the amount of control we had on a decent side. Brophy has a lot to give us and there will be games where will play 2 up top and others (away from home) where hard chasing forward may be preferred.  But in a one up front I think it’s clear from a physical and football intelligence perspective sow can offer more.

37 minutes ago, NorfolkG said:

He is also a proper leader. Not a shouter and bawler but leading by example and talking. Dicker has been good at that in recent games too, to be fair.

To be fair every defender has been immense this season.

1 hour ago, NorfolkG said:

Agree, Bruce is very compossed and classy, can see why he has played at top level, excellent player to have 

1 hour ago, BoydsFace said:

To be fair every defender has been immense this season.

Bruce has looked better than Finlay in the games I’ve seen him play. Obviously he doesn’t have his pace but reads the game well and his distribution of the ball from the back is very good. 

In terms of current performances I would put both him and Del Fabro in front of Finlay but I think Finlay needs to play because of his pace.