Rossco home, Fred

CB

6 minutes ago, Garvis said:

I would like to see what Brophy could do playing the 10 roll.

I'm not sure he'd play the no. 10 role well, but as a second striker I think he'd play well off Sow.

He'd press high up the pitch, and when that comes off, he'd at least have Sow up there with him.

Sow, whilst not pretty, gives us an option to get the ball up the pitch, and Brophy would be looking for the layoffs.

In the first half we were playing with 4 at the back with Power and Dicker sitting midfielders with El Makrini playing further forward almost as a 10. When attacking the full backs pushed forward leaving Dicker and Power sitting in front of the back four. Issue with this is SOD and Hammy both cut in when they get the ball and their crossing is poor. They need to go outside their men more often or put better crosses in. I think SOD in particular struggles with the system as he is less effective coming inside and moves break down. In the second half El Makrini fell back and we ended up with Dicker, Power and him in a row across the park whereas he should have been playing further forward. Millar looked as if he was carrying an injury for most of the game even before Ross County has a kick at him.

We need to stop going inside and try to penetrate the other defence. 

If we had scored a goal I think we’d have got more as County would have had to come out and play instead of sitting back and looking to hit us on the break.

i thought County were IK in the first 10mins but were very poor after that.

We dominated the game and should have won. We need to find a way of scoring goals though. 

I thought Sow, penalty miss aside, was really good.

Some of his one touch passing round the corner to the wingers was excellent. His chest control and bringing the ball out of the air is excellent too.

Millar needs to run towards the line more rather than cutting in and going nowhere with it. When he uses his pace and commits defenders he is a handful but he comes inside and slows down far too often - Dicker went mental at him at one point for it.

Bruce is an absolute baller, he just strolls through games and Hamalainen is getting better with each game.

Frustrating not to come away with anything but it was a clear improvement today and I think the introduction of Sow contributed to that.

There was a 20 minute spell in the first half where we were excellent, linked up well created some good chances, mckenzie the big one. After that we huffed and puffed again, felt their right back should’ve been off. Penalty was a shocker. 

Still created enough to win the game, too often in the box they couldn’t get ball out their feet.

sow did well apart from the pen, linked up well won most in the air and had 2/3 good strikes on goal. I just wish we would’ve put more crosses into the box for him 

Disappointing after a 13hr flight to Houston to find out we hadn't scored again and had another nil nil draw.  But then reading the report a bit heartened that at least we are creating a few chances.

Just need to convert a few.

Interesting my sheep supporting workmates all think the top 4 will be the same again this year, but are hoping to finish above us!

13 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

Disappointing after a 13hr flight to Houston to find out we hadn't scored again and had another nil nil draw.  But then reading the report a bit heartened that at least we are creating a few chances.

Just need to convert a few.

Interesting my sheep supporting workmates all think the top 4 will be the same again this year, but are hoping to finish above us!

creating chances? Two shots on target and one of them was the penalty. and another that hit the post. Plenty of possession, but nobody taking the shot

3 hours ago, ki11ie said:

6 clean sheets from 8 I think. Absolutely solid at the back. Something just now clicking going forward. Played well enough today to win comfortably. Penalties are embarrassing.

people booing at full time are a f**king disgrace 

Perfect summary. I didn’t hear much, if any, booing in the FB. 

4 minutes ago, Trojan76 said:

creating chances? Two shots on target and one of them was the penalty. and another that hit the post. Plenty of possession, but nobody taking the shot

Sow had at least two shots saved by the keeper, McKenzie hit the post, we had a penalty saved and Bruce had two headers cleared that looked goal bound but don't let facts get in the way of a complaint.

Thought we played a lot of nice football for most of the match, again looked very solid at the back and pretty much bossed the midfield area. Clearly the more narrow shape which we play makes us difficult to break down, but lacks enough width when going forward. 

Sow, penalty aside, and clearly tiring towards the end, was, I thought decent enough overall, with hold up play, flicks, and headers, as well as getting a few shots away.

No question that three defensive midfielders gains us a fair bit of the ball in the middle of the park, but doesn't offer enough in an attacking sense yet. When we are narrow, we don't have either full back or 'wide' players hogging the touchline to get in behind the opposition enough. It congests the middle and enables us to win the ball, but it is what we then do with it in the final third. Could well be that either St. Clair, Brophy or Thomas would be more effective dropping one of Power, Dicker or El Makrini to the bench. Harsh on any one of them, but simply have to find a more potent mix going forward, to win games like today when we are well on top. Any defence which sits in deep as County did, forces us to play a lot of short passes around the 18 yard line without finding that final killer ball, or getting in behind them enough. Going more wide when on top in a game, and committing a second striker int there could turn a 0-0 into a 2,3-0 win.

Tbh there were quite a few games like that under SC, only difference being that someone would come up with a goal or two.

Edited by Jedi2

The only complaint about todays game is that why did our manager go for the three defensive midfielders against this opposition surely going more offensive against teams like Ross county is a must after all this system is the one he should consider against the twisted sisters when they visit.

2 minutes ago, Bbk said:

The only complaint about todays game is that why did our manager go for the three defensive midfielders against this opposition surely going more offensive against teams like Ross county is a must after all this system is the one he should consider against the twisted sisters when they visit.

Who else we got?

Do we play a deep teo and burke in the hole behind or even DT in the position, or even St Clair?

We don't have a creative player to put in there as such