£20’s plenty.

Bobby14

I like going to Tynecastle but 29 quid is too much. So I will withdraw my custom. As I did with Wetherspoons a couple of years ago. And they say one person can’t make a difference...

If they don’t like it, they could do an actual boycott instead of bleating on and on about it. Except they usually win so there will be plenty other glory hunters to fill their space.

26 minutes ago, NorfolkG said:

I like going to Tynecastle but 29 quid is too much. So I will withdraw my custom. As I did with Wetherspoons a couple of years ago. And they say one person can’t make a difference...

I'm a little confused, Wetherspoons?? still good vfm and the one person quote ? personally I won't allow the price to affect my decision, certain games and venues have been great experiences previously, I go where i know i will enjoy my day, an extra couple of quid is not enough to make me stay away from Tynecastle tbh

18 minutes ago, Twisted said:

How have wetherspoons annoyed you? They are still easily the cheapest pubs around.

And aye I'm in full agreement with 20s plenty. Football tickets nationally are getting beyond a joke

s**te food, sticky carpets and owned by a deranged brexiter perhaps? Not to mention putting local pubs out of business. #boycottwetherspoons 

The owner was in the papers last week ranting about ‘remoaners’ ruining his profits.

I hated his soap box ‘facts’ and how he used his position of influence and I stopped drinking in his pubs. Seems a lot did the same.

And as said above, the food is honking. Except the curry nights.

Edited by NorfolkG

5 minutes ago, killie billies pal said:

Too many politicians on here for my liking, ffs we are talking about going to the football, keep the political pish for the correct forum where very few visit( I wonder why?)

No politics, pish or otherwise. Just an example of where boycotts work.

Old Firm fans need to show a bit of resolve. I am no Old Firm fan but I agree with them on this.

3 hours ago, Bobby14 said:

Thought on this? 

I agree. £30 for our match at Celtic Park took the piss. £22 for a non Old Firm game is reasonable at RP. 

Love them or hate them, Rangers/Celtic fans pay thru the nose to watch their team.

439874B5-F627-4486-84A4-FCDD43057E29.png

Old Firm fans save money on other things though, like buying books and broadsheet newspapers. 

3 hours ago, Oldkillie said:

Name them I’ve never been in a decent boozer in Gorgie Road s**thole of a street

Personally i would head further in towards the grassmarket for a pub or two pre and post match. If im going through to the capital id rather spend a day of it and hit a few old spots i used to go to as a student rather than fly out straight into the haymarket pub then straight on the train home. But hey, each to their own.

Always enjoyed going into Diggers (athletic arms) when going to tyney. Youve also got Ryries near haymarket. Malones is a pretty new and decent enough pub where Dianes Pool hall used to be. You could always nip into Monty's on morrison street!!

Few of us were in the Social club beside the away end after the 5-0 horsing a few years back- got to be the cheapest pint in Edinburgh.