Music at Rugby Park

kfc_superteam

Apologies if any offence but it may just be my taste is there any chance the music played at Match days is varied up a little bit. Not sure if this is to keep a general routine where we have been doing well so keep things as they are but would be nice for a wee change! Not sure if it was last season but I remember going to a game at Hamilton and the old boy doing the announcements played some kind of weird combo like darude sandstorm followed by Status Quo. Totally Mental but memorable. 

I don't think the Teenage wasteland part of "Baba O'Riley" really works pre kick-off. Personally, I like to hear Biffy Clyro in the same way that you used to hear Big Country when we played Dunfermline away. I don't really care, just as long as we don't play "Glory, glory, Ayrshire Killie", reminding us that it has been 54 years since we won the league, cringeworthy. 

11 hours ago, Wrangodog said:

I don't think the Teenage wasteland part of "Baba O'Riley" really works pre kick-off. Personally, I like to hear Biffy Clyro in the same way that you used to hear Big Country when we played Dunfermline away. I don't really care, just as long as we don't play "Glory, glory, Ayrshire Killie", reminding us that it has been 54 years since we won the league, cringeworthy. 

The Pars play the Skids, not Big Country, but for the same reason, great tune tho.

Always going to be difficult to select the tunes when your having to appeal to a few thousand people. You will never appeal to everyone. Im cringing at some of the songs mentioned by others but no doubt they’d be the same at tunes i like. 

As others I liked it when we played the republica song and halls of montezuma as the team came out. I’d like to see us go back to them

Id like a bit of variation in the music. Have a few songs selected every week like the run out tune and a couple of others but open the rest up. Get a player to select a few. Pick a season ticket holder every game to choose a few or even just their favourite song. 

22 minutes ago, kfc_superteam said:

Point is its the same stuff every week and it isn't that fantastic. Gets quite annoying after about 30 games

Agreed, it need a bit of variety I think. 

I admire the local bands stuff for engagement but some of it hardly gets the juices flowing, especially games that are a bit on the dull side. 

48 minutes ago, killie89 said:

Calm down man, it’s just a light hearted discussion. I doubt it keeps many people up at night.

My friend wants some thrash and death metal. I don't think that would go down to well. I agree with Pablo nothing like a bit of Thin Lizzy.

14 hours ago, kfc_superteam said:

Apologies if any offence but it may just be my taste is there any chance the music played at Match days is varied up a little bit. Not sure if this is to keep a general routine where we have been doing well so keep things as they are but would be nice for a wee change! Not sure if it was last season but I remember going to a game at Hamilton and the old boy doing the announcements played some kind of weird combo like darude sandstorm followed by Status Quo. Totally Mental but memorable. 

I think the guy who does the music etc is really good