Music at Rugby Park

kfc_superteam

We really can’t have a “run out” song now as we have this daft “walk out” with the players shaking hands before the game. I just canny be bothered with that. 

The team running out to a roaring tune gets the crowd going in my opinion.

If anybody wants to see a real stadium run out just watch this...

Needs sound....loud

The fanzone bands are a great way of showing off Killie/Ayrshire talent, but, we are definitely needing some new music at RP. Someone needs to make a random playlist with plenty of tunes to suit the mixed crowds. Some indie, some rock, some modern pop, some classic pop, some hip hop, some dance tunes (NAE HAPPY HARDCORE) with other things here and there, to keep the crowds entertained at least. We've got fans of all ages, not everyone wants to hear status quo EVERY WEEK or Oasis or stuff on the charts you hear everyday, anywhere else.  Some one needs to have a look at previous FIFA games and get some ideas from what they've put in the games...

I also agree that halls of montezuma needs to make a comeback, takes me right back to my first seasons of owning a season ticket when I was a wee boy!!

ps. Are we the only club that still has cheerleaders? 

4 hours ago, carpetfitter said:

Was disappointed when Teenage Wasteland was cut short cos I love it but it really doesn’t work. Would like Blitzkrieg Bop by The Ramones, the good bit from Song 2 by Blur, some Primal Scream, Buzzcocks.

Anyone catch the Doobie Brothers at H-T a few weeks ago. Weird. 

We use a remix version that lasts just under 3minutes. It’s the ConfidentalMX Remix

16 hours ago, Wrangodog said:

I don't think the Teenage wasteland part of "Baba O'Riley" really works pre kick-off. 

Me neither. It sounds horrendous when it gets to the louder parts in the speakers in the Frank Beattie stand, almost as if the speakers are about to burst.

The song played as the players come onto the pitch is awful.

There is a good mixture played the rest of the time mind you. Some places you go it's like they've just stuck on Clyde 1

12 minutes ago, Gavin Wallace said:

David, 

Please allow me to explain our walk out theme and why we do it the way we do.

1. We use a song called Imperium by Madeon. I have split it up in to “tension” part for when the teams are in the tunnel as I need something to bridge the small gap between the safety tone which has to go out 5mins before KO. The ref will bring the teams out around 14:57:30 a process that takes 2 mins. This also helps for live TV matches where gaps can be unpredictable and we are at the peril of the broadcaster so, rather than stop a song half way though, we have a run out sequence using this song which we think is punch and tense.

2. We use the same part of the song which I’ve looped, to welcome out that days opponents and officials. 

3. I welcome Killie out and Chris in the control room then fires off the second bit of the sequence on a pre-arranged audio que (“mighty Ayrshire Killie”) and the the punchier and more tense part of the song plays. It lasts for 28 seconds then it changes to Let’s Go by Calvin Harris which then plays for 62 seconds to allow for the mandatory Fair Play Handshake to take place, stops and allows us to do our WE ARE KILLIE war cry. The lyrics in the Calvin Harris song are the reason we use it. 

4. We produce a full script and running order which is timed down to 15:00:00 and Kick off. I’m more than happy to share this on here too. 

5. We also have SPFL permission to not read out the acceptable conduct message, instead direct spectators to page 3 of the match programme, to allow us more time to focus on the music and pre-match content. 

We are always up for new ideas, song requests and general ideas, some will work and some wont. What I will say is that we feel we play a very good variation of music. We’ve played music by Cream, The Doobie Brothers, Dua Lipa and Clubhouse recently. Not everyone will like all the music but we try to play songs from all decades as we have to consider the age groups in the stadium. We think HT is for reflection and chat. We don’t want to intrude on people talk about the 45mins they have just seen, so we try to reflect the music and it’s volume that it’s played at.

I hope this helps everyone. We just want everyone to enjoy the match day experience.

KTID 

WE ARE KILLIE

Cheers,

Gav 

Your doing fine pal , keep it up

I like a lot of the pre-match build up. The music in the tunnel and the ‘we are killie’ stuff works well imo.

Not keen on the remix of the Who classic. 

I would love to see a return of the marine’s hymn/halls of montezuma. Can’t beat a 90s community clap-along when the team are running out.

As for the general choice, it’s tricky. We all have different tastes. But we have our iPhones/cd players/tapes/gramophones at home to use.

Edited by NorfolkG

Gavster, my post wasn't aimed at you, it is the whole SPFL/SFA walk out and shake hands I am not in favour of. The music is immaterial to me as I am a bus pass holder and some of the tunes mean nothing to me.

The America thingy wouldn't work here as it would take the sweety rustlers time to get to their feet never mind jumping up and down.

It just seems that the SPFL is controlling everything with no room for spontaneity. 

I know your hands are tied by rools!

2 hours ago, CBFC said:

I was actually meaning the whole razzamatazz of getting everybody to a frenzy of excitement as the teams run out. I think we are a little more reserved until we score then we go mental.

Agreed - its amazing but we don't have 80,000 pissed students to rile up before KO, and even if we did football doesn't suit it.

Get everybody psyched and then put the ball out for a throw at KO isn't quite the same as teams of guys getting battered in to each other :)

On 10/3/2019 at 4:12 PM, Gavin Wallace said:

David, 

Please allow me to explain our walk out theme and why we do it the way we do.

1. We use a song called Imperium by Madeon. I have split it up in to “tension” part for when the teams are in the tunnel as I need something to bridge the small gap between the safety tone which has to go out 5mins before KO. The ref will bring the teams out around 14:57:30 a process that takes 2 mins. This also helps for live TV matches where gaps can be unpredictable and we are at the peril of the broadcaster so, rather than stop a song half way though, we have a run out sequence using this song which we think is punch and tense.

2. We use the same part of the song which I’ve looped, to welcome out that days opponents and officials. 

3. I welcome Killie out and Chris in the control room then fires off the second bit of the sequence on a pre-arranged audio que (“mighty Ayrshire Killie”) and the the punchier and more tense part of the song plays. It lasts for 28 seconds then it changes to Let’s Go by Calvin Harris which then plays for 62 seconds to allow for the mandatory Fair Play Handshake to take place, stops and allows us to do our WE ARE KILLIE war cry. The lyrics in the Calvin Harris song are the reason we use it. 

4. We produce a full script and running order which is timed down to 15:00:00 and Kick off. I’m more than happy to share this on here too. 

5. We also have SPFL permission to not read out the acceptable conduct message, instead direct spectators to page 3 of the match programme, to allow us more time to focus on the music and pre-match content. 

We are always up for new ideas, song requests and general ideas, some will work and some wont. What I will say is that we feel we play a very good variation of music. We’ve played music by Cream, The Doobie Brothers, Dua Lipa and Clubhouse recently. Not everyone will like all the music but we try to play songs from all decades as we have to consider the age groups in the stadium. We think HT is for reflection and chat. We don’t want to intrude on people talk about the 45mins they have just seen, so we try to reflect the music and it’s volume that it’s played at.

I hope this helps everyone. We just want everyone to enjoy the match day experience.

KTID 

WE ARE KILLIE

Cheers,

Gav 

I personally think you are doing a fine job Gav amazing how many musical experts we seem to have on this forum ha ha.