Standing Section

Andy

58 minutes ago, DrewWylie said:

Waste of money , the young boys who stand at the top left corner of the east are now allowed to stand and they do create a decent atmosphere so pointless spending money on those new seats, not my money though so hey ho 

Top right is it not 

4 hours ago, DrewWylie said:

Waste of money , the young boys who stand at the top left corner of the east are now allowed to stand and they do create a decent atmosphere so pointless spending money on those new seats, not my money though so hey ho 

Why do you think they are allowed to stand now? Think about it.

Last couple of games the young team have improved the atmosphere quite a bit.....hopefully a sign of things to come in the new areas. 

Without being defeatist I think we need to get to a point where RP has reduced capacity with areas closer to the pitch more populated e.g. closing off upper sections with larger standing areas or corporate boxes etc. 

5 hours ago, Fudger said:

Last couple of games the young team have improved the atmosphere quite a bit.....hopefully a sign of things to come in the new areas. 

Without being defeatist I think we need to get to a point where RP has reduced capacity with areas closer to the pitch more populated e.g. closing off upper sections with larger standing areas or corporate boxes etc. 

Been saying this for years.

Corporate boxes aren't going to work, we can't fill the ones we have. The only area which looks really empty is the Moffat/family stand. It could easily be reduced by half. The main problem is money. The board are making improvements but the ground was thrown up in a hurry and needs replaced by a smaller, more customer friendly version. The project to provide standing areas was good, it attracted more people to the Trust and will provide a visible result. The Trust might think about doing something on a grander scale that gets the refuseniks involved in Trust membership, like replacing the Moffat with a smaller, more family friendly stand and in doing so reduce the capacity by two -two and a half thousand.

1 hour ago, Wrangodog said:

Corporate boxes aren't going to work, we can't fill the ones we have. The only area which looks really empty is the Moffat/family stand. It could easily be reduced by half. The main problem is money. The board are making improvements but the ground was thrown up in a hurry and needs replaced by a smaller, more customer friendly version. The project to provide standing areas was good, it attracted more people to the Trust and will provide a visible result. The Trust might think about doing something on a grander scale that gets the refuseniks involved in Trust membership, like replacing the Moffat with a smaller, more family friendly stand and in doing so reduce the capacity by two -two and a half thousand.

That's a fair point - the east and FB aren't too bad most of the time. If we could do something radical with the Moffat it would make some difference. 

For the Moffat we should be putting all the fans in either the upper or lower section. We do this for cup games but not league. Similar to away fans, groups more fans together and builds a better atmosphere. The other section we fill with the Sponsors banners. 

If the demand is there then open additional sections.

Reducing the size of the stadium is not going to happen. Financially it would cost too much and not cost effective. We may not like the wide open spaces but the club isn't going to spend money knocking down perfectly good stands and replace them with smaller versions. For a start, as it has been said, it reduces income for bigger games/concerts and also it isn't needed. It's not ideal, but spending millions putting something right that doesn't need put right is just madness.

3 hours ago, skygod said:

I’ve never understood the argument that we should spend a substantial amount of money reducing the capacity of the ground, and with it reducing potential revenue. 

There are very few occasions we would lose revenue if we reduced the capacity to 14000. The space used up could be used for commercial non football purposes. The whole idea would be to create a better feel and atmosphere and for people watching TV games to see something that appeared exciting to attend, rather than a ghost stadium. Therefore, ironically, by reducing capacity we may attract more regular supporters who enjoy a better experience. It could also make it more intimidating having fans nearer the pitch. The very first thing we could do for image is get away supports in the bottom section (unless the weather is awful) and the ground would instantly look more attractive to attend. 

PS If the current OF policy stands we will be unlikely to go above 14000 ever in the future. I would like to see TIK funds dedicated to this project. 

Edited by Mclean07

1 minute ago, Mclean07 said:

There are very few occasions we would lose revenue if we reduced the capacity to 14000. The space used up could be used for commercial non football purposes. The whole idea would be to create a better feel and atmosphere and for people watching TV games to see something that appeared exciting to attend, rather than a ghost stadium. Therefore, ironically, by reducing capacity we may attract more regular supporters who enjoy a better experience. It could also make it more intimidating having fans nearer the pitch. The very first thing we could do for image is get away supports in the bottom section (unless the weather is awful) and the ground would instantly look more attractive to attend. 

Wont happen, personally I think when given the chance fans like to congregate nearer the rear of stands, rather than the front.

Forcing them to the front inst going to happen as they are far easier to police and steward in the rear sections.

You also answered your own question or point re-weather, on a day like today the weather is changing by the half hour impossible to predict.

Unless we move to summer football this isn't going to change. 

Also not sure I get setting the crowd position for TV cams ???

I get it would look better but crazy to do this, look after the paying customers not the TV audience.

10 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

PS If the current OF policy stands we will be unlikely to go above 14000 ever in the future. I would like to see TIK funds dedicated to this project. 

The current OF policy hasn’t been in place for six months yet. 

Who can say what the policy will be in the future. 

I don’t have any issue with modifying the existing structure but knocking down a perfectly good stand and rebuilding just to make it more family-friendly? 

Aye, right!

15 minutes ago, skygod said:

The current OF policy hasn’t been in place for six months yet. 

Who can say what the policy will be in the future. 

I don’t have any issue with modifying the existing structure but knocking down a perfectly good stand and rebuilding just to make it more family-friendly? 

Aye, right!

I wouldn’t knock any stand down. Just adapt. Even when both ends were OF, their wasn’t 1400O there, 

I fear that the only way we are going to see another step increase in home attendances is if the match day experience becomes much more enjoyable. 

I'm with @Mclean07 on this, where it is far more appealing for fans to choose to attend RP if they think it won't be very sparsely populated. A smaller more packed stadium will always be more appealing to most paying customers.

There would clearly be an outlay involved which, like any business has to be costed properly but if we can introduce standing areas, corporate areas or the likes whilst reducing the capacity and making the stadium more 'cosy' then all good.