Standing Section

Andy

20 minutes ago, Fletch said:

I've always wondered too why we put the away fans at the back of the stand? Hibs had a few sections packed for the league game and we stuck them in the back half of the Chadwick. It looks terrible on TV playing into an empty stand. I know a lot of people don't care about how things look on TV but if I was a neutral looking to potentially go to a game

1) Weather

2) Far easier to police3

3) View

Think that's the 3 main reason. Even when we open top/bottom of the Moffat, most sit at the top.

22 minutes ago, Fletch said:

The same should apply to the Moffat. If x amount of ST's are sold but only y amount of ST's are being used then close off the back of the stand unless it's bad rain and have a contingency section.

No offense mate but that's just daft. Most of our fans choose to sit at the back for a reason and it's not the weather. Forcing them to sit elsewhere is bonkers just so it looks good on TV.

7 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

No offense mate but that's just daft. Most of our fans choose to sit at the back for a reason and it's not the weather. Forcing them to sit elsewhere is bonkers just so it looks good on TV.

9 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

1) Weather

2) Far easier to police3

3) View

Think that's the 3 main reason. Even when we open top/bottom of the Moffat, most sit at the top.

I mentioned weather, if the covered seats are there you need to allow people to use them. I'm not suggesting we force people to sit out in torrential rain.

It's not just so it looks better on TV either, although the empty section's don't look appealing and If I wasn't going to watch Scottish football already I'd be far more inclined to go to a game that doesn't look dead when it's nationally advertised.

If the club are looking at it from a police viewpoint then fair enough but the current set up with a handful of sparsely attended sections could be managed better. If we're trying to up the match day experience at Rugby Park then football is better viewed in a crowd with a bit of atmosphere than being a handful of people in a big empty section.

On 10/11/2019 at 3:46 PM, Andy said:

So in short no update ?

Looks like it's not only the Scottish rugby team that's getting kyboshed by the weather!! :31:

Hi Jim,

We received some unwelcome news this morning from the haulier handing the shipment for us, the mother vessel that is carrying our container was late docking in to Rotterdam due to bad weather at sea, this meant that the container missed the feeder vessel which was due to dock in to Grangemouth yesterday and has been rolled over to the next feeder vessel.

The feeder vessels only run on a weekly basis in to Grangemouth meaning the container is now running late! 

Sorry for the inconvenience this may cause you.

More positive update very soon hopefully.

As it is an existing build there won’t be any need for Building Control, as it does not affect the actual building parameters I get the feeling that there is no need for Planning permission, I think (if memory serves me right) that the club and a Trust carried out a feasibility study, this being the case would have covered all the questions.

T

2 minutes ago, DrewWylie said:

Oh I know that but our seats at the moment are good and actually drew had an operation there and standing won’t be an option for him 

There were seats available in the next section which were vacated by others going to safe standing. Phone Katrina at the Club and check availability. Swapping won't be a problem.

• 2 weeks later...