Standing Section

Andy

On 10/31/2019 at 8:35 PM, Richaway said:

Waste of money imo

if folk want to stand they can do so without the expense of changing the seats and drew gets to keep his seat at the front!

Thank you my sentiments exactly , why waste the money when the police and stewards in that area don’t mind folk standing 

15 hours ago, Trojan76 said:

won't the seated section next to the standing section have a restricted view?

Its in the corner under the scoreboard. I would doubt the section to the left of that would have a restricted view. 

Personally thought they would've put the section on the far right section of east which is currently bare concrete. But i'm sure I read that this wasn't chosen because atmosphere would escape easier? 

SAFE STANDING UPDATE

We wish to inform supporters on the progress of the safe standing project following last month’s update.

The rail seats for the safe standing areas have been safely delivered to Rugby Park and along with our stadium management team, we are currently working with the installers and East Ayrshire Council, from a safety testing perspective, to arrange a mutually suitable date to get these areas in place.

The £40,000 project, which has been funded by fans through the Trust In Killie initiative, will lead to 324 rail seats being placed in two areas of the East Stand as well as a section of the Moffat Stand, allowing families and younger supporters to get a taste of this passionate element of football culture.

The club is also working with Trust In Killie on plans to improve the matchday experience for wheelchair users.

Viewing platform plans for wheelchair users are currently with council departments and architects to ensure that all the criteria is met with the ambition of work beginning in early 2020.

We wish to thank fans for their continued patience and we will endeavour to issue a further update to supporters as soon as possible.

Does that say two areas of East Stand or am I reading it wrong ??

52 minutes ago, Andy said:

SAFE STANDING UPDATE

We wish to inform supporters on the progress of the safe standing project following last month’s update.

The rail seats for the safe standing areas have been safely delivered to Rugby Park and along with our stadium management team, we are currently working with the installers and East Ayrshire Council, from a safety testing perspective, to arrange a mutually suitable date to get these areas in place.

The £40,000 project, which has been funded by fans through the Trust In Killie initiative, will lead to 324 rail seats being placed in two areas of the East Stand as well as a section of the Moffat Stand, allowing families and younger supporters to get a taste of this passionate element of football culture.

The club is also working with Trust In Killie on plans to improve the matchday experience for wheelchair users.

Viewing platform plans for wheelchair users are currently with council departments and architects to ensure that all the criteria is met with the ambition of work beginning in early 2020.

We wish to thank fans for their continued patience and we will endeavour to issue a further update to supporters as soon as possible.

Does that say two areas of East Stand or am I reading it wrong ??

It was always too areas, the two sections top right as you are facing the pitch.

12 hours ago, gordon4418 said:

Because the club are then legally liable if (even unofficially) condones standing in a section not designed for it. By installing approved and certified seats and rails, the club can then advertise it as a standing section..

Do you think stewards go round and tell folk to sit down for the fun of getting abuse hurled at them? no, they do it because if they dont and unofficially allow standing, and  the local council found out, the club would get fined, and be put under increasing pressure to close the section of the ground where the standing was persistent. So the clubs make the stewards go through the pointless routine of asking fol to sit only to be roundly ignored and have abuse hurled at them.

If you want an example, the away section at Liverpool has been threatened with closure and has had capacity restrictions placed on it because away fans consistently and repeatedly refused to sit down in it.

Accept all that so why are huns and tims allowed to stand en masse every time they visit?

Don't see what all the negativity is about. If I didn't take my kids to a lot of games I would like a seat (standing area) in there. Much prefer to stand at the football. 

I only sit in the FB for additional leg room, would much rather be in the east but the leg room is a joke. Assuming this won't be an issue at the standing area. 

Hopefully people take to it as it’s always better standing. Good that supporters and club can see eye to eye and let this happen. Will hopefully encourage younger fans to come and they will probably take inspiration from abroad. 

Motherwell do it despite them being unbelievably cringey at times they make a better atmosphere at Fir Park.