Standing Section

Andy

On 11/5/2019 at 6:14 PM, Trojan76 said:

won't the seated section next to the standing section have a restricted view?

We don't get the ball into the box much so the view will be fine for most of the match.:D

Seriously though, the folk in the back few rows of the adjacent section near the steps must be impacted.

• 3 weeks later...

We wish to inform supporters on the progress of the safe standing project following last month’s update.

The rail seats for the safe standing areas have been safely delivered to Rugby Park and along with our stadium management team, we are looking for volunteers to help with pre-installation work at around 10am on Thursday, November 28.

If you can help the team, then please email [email protected]

Should work be completed as planned then everything will be tested and fitted in time for our next home match against St Johnstone on Wednesday, December 4.

The £40,000 project, which has been funded by fans through the Trust In Killie initiative, will lead to 324 rail seats being placed in two areas of the East Stand as well as a section of the Moffat Stand, allowing families and younger supporters to get a taste of this passionate element of football culture.

The club is also working with Trust In Killie on plans to improve the matchday experience for wheelchair users.

Viewing platform plans for wheelchair users are currently with council departments and architects to ensure that all the criteria is met with the ambition of work beginning in early 2020.

Was just coming on to post that tweet that SH posted above. 

What is that all about? Having wee digs at killie fans for not helping to install seats that the club should be hiring someone to install anyway doesn’t make sense to me. 

Think some folk need to take a look at themselves and remember folk have other commitments and can’t just drop them to get to rugby park to install some seats that they probably won’t even be standing in anyway. 

6 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

That tweet is pathetic. 

Perhaps if it wasn't as unorganized folk would have sufficient notice to get time off work. 

Screenshot_20191128-134724_Twitter.jpg

Got to agree, I started this thread and have resurrected it a few times to keep it in the public domain and generate interest in this.

I could have helped on Monday, and I have offered via a tweet to help at the weekend, but heard nothing.

Taking casual leave in Dec is not easy at all, would have happily helped out of hours.

Well done those who did help especially Gary Dicker.

9 minutes ago, Killieboykfc said:

Was just coming on to post that tweet that SH posted above. 

What is that all about? Having wee digs at killie fans for not helping to install seats that the club should be hiring someone to install anyway doesn’t make sense to me. 

Think some folk need to take a look at themselves and remember folk have other commitments and can’t just drop them to get to rugby park to install some seats that they probably won’t even be standing in anyway. 

Agree. 

Another point is this was paid for by pledges to Trust in Killie from the Fans. Everyone involved in TIK contributes money, majority on top of season tickets, merchandise etc and now they've to help install the seats they've paid £40k for? Certainly shouldn't be called out for not being able to help out. 

Might have been better if it was an individuals account tweeting rather than the Killiefc handle. Makes it look worse as it has a much bigger reach.

At first I felt guilty about not helping but I'm paying a monthly subscription so that other folk, some of whom won't be Trust members, can stand in a standing area. I also hope not to need the facilities in the improved disabled area but I'm happy that my subscriptions are going to that too. I feel I've done my bit to help by paying my monthly subscription.