Standing Section

Andy

9 minutes ago, Wrangodog said:

At first I felt guilty about not helping but I'm paying a monthly subscription so that other folk, some of whom won't be Trust members, can stand in a standing area. I also hope not to need the facilities in the improved disabled area but I'm happy that my subscriptions are going to that too. I feel I've done my bit to help by paying my monthly subscription. 

Agree 100%.  The Tweet was very poorly worded. 

4 hours ago, CB said:

If you've got some spare time, you can give them a hand to put it in.

I didn’t go, but wish I had now. It’s pretty poor not a single fan being able to help. With contributors to TIK way behind St Mirren and Motherwell, these guys must wonder whether it’s worth it. All one way at times. 

1 minute ago, Mclean07 said:

I didn’t go, but wish I had now. It’s pretty poor not a single fan being able to help. With contributors to TIK way behind St Mirren and Motherwell, these guys must wonder whether it’s worth it. All one way at times. 

It is absolutely not one way in the slightest. A donation based organisation is, by its very nature, reliant on more than one set of people. 

The fact that the money has been raised for these seats by donations from fans kinda proves that it’s not one way. 

30 minutes ago, All the Wine said:

What exactly so they need a hand for?

Unloading, clearing rubbish, lugging the 'seats' to the area where the installers were installing them. As far as I could gather.

General donkey work so the installers could make up for the delays.

On 11/25/2019 at 9:43 PM, C4mmy31 said:

We wish to inform supporters on the progress of the safe standing project following last month’s update.

The rail seats for the safe standing areas have been safely delivered to Rugby Park and along with our stadium management team, we are looking for volunteers to help with pre-installation work at around 10am on Thursday, November 28.

If you can help the team, then please email [email protected]

Should work be completed as planned then everything will be tested and fitted in time for our next home match against St Johnstone on Wednesday, December 4.

The £40,000 project, which has been funded by fans through the Trust In Killie initiative, will lead to 324 rail seats being placed in two areas of the East Stand as well as a section of the Moffat Stand, allowing families and younger supporters to get a taste of this passionate element of football culture.

The club is also working with Trust In Killie on plans to improve the matchday experience for wheelchair users.

Viewing platform plans for wheelchair users are currently with council departments and architects to ensure that all the criteria is met with the ambition of work beginning in early 2020.

4 minutes ago, The Painter said:

Surely they could have emailed everyone on their mailing list to let them know this was happening as this is the first I’ve heard about them needing help. 

They asked on Monday on here. They asked on the official site. https://kilmarnockfc.co.uk/news/safe-standing-update/  Granted, not a mailing list shot.

28 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

I didn't go, might have had  I 1) had more than a couple of days notice to get off work and 2) had any days left to take this year 3) been more local but I don't feel guilty one bit by not going, especially when I, and many others pay a couple of hundred quid a year over and above season tickets etc directly to TIK to fund the installation in the first place.

I might be wrong but the Club/Trust haven't once given fans forewarning that they needed help, despite ordering the materials/seats months ago. They can't suddenly just have figured out on Monday that help would be needed.

31 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

So you didn't go, but you think it's "pretty poor" from other fans who didn't go

Since you are judging others for not going, why the f**k didn't you go then? 

2 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I didn't go, might have had  I 1) had more than a couple of days notice to get off work and 2) had any days left to take this year 3) been more local but I don't feel guilty one bit by not going, especially when I, and many others pay a couple of hundred quid a year over and above season tickets etc directly to TIK to fund the installation in the first place.

I might be wrong but the Club/Trust haven't once given fans forewarning that they needed help, despite ordering the materials/seats months ago. They can't suddenly just have figured out on Monday that help would be needed.

No one would expect someone in your position to go. It would be people who had free time.

1 minute ago, KennyH80 said:

So was there any incentive for those who were going to turn up? Or was it just expected that on such short notice folk will give a days holiday up with no real reward? 

It would be people with some free time. Don’t think they would be wanting people to take holidays. I don’t think most supporters would be wanting an “incentive”.