Standing Section

Andy

Phenomenal effort by subscribers and helpers.

The two seating developments are what persuaded me to join the Trust a couple of months ago and I’ve just started a monthly subscription as well.

Community links are so important and I’ve been really impressed by the work now happening in this area.

Captain Gary Dicker volunteered his help as Kilmarnock installed a new safe standing section at Rugby Park.

The project is the first in Britain to be funded entirely by fans, with the Trust In Killie initiative raising £40,000 to install the rail seating. 

Killie will become the second club in Scotland to have a safe standing section after Celtic installed their own in 2016.

There will be 324 rail seats placed in two areas of the East Stand as well as a section of the Moffat Stand, with installation taking place today.

The Killie Trust put out a call for volunteers to help with the installation, and club captain Gary Dicker volunteered his services.

The Trust In Killie campaign has so far raised £180,000, with the first £100,000 going toward buying shares to attain a place on the board.

Former Labour MP Cathy Jamieson was made a director in 2018 thanks to the initiative, which has over 400 subscribers.

Kilmarnock have also confirmed that they're working with Trust In Killie to install viewing platforms for wheelchair users.

Plans are currently being scrutinised by East Ayrshire Council , with the aim of beginning work early next year.

View image on Twitter

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/kilmarnock-install-safe-standing-rugby-20980567

23 minutes ago, samo said:

I'm not trying to be funny but how do u risk assess for people of different capabilities turning up to carry these seats up and down the stairs etc? 

Really makes you wonder how they built the pyramids owing to the lack of elf & safety doesn't it?

15 minutes ago, Souleycouley93 said:

Does the standing section have plans for a singing section/ultra-group or is it predominantly just regular fans who want to stand?

would imagine it would be the young team who tend to be out "ultra" section that go there, it's already their area. There is a lad on twitter selling pin badges to buy flags for the area with the profits. Big thumbs up to him, great effort and heartening we have young fans doing this

As for "singing section" is their a more toe curling expresion in modern football. Hear it more and more, should be able to sing anywhere, even if you're on your todd. Loathe that phrase

25 minutes ago, Bbk said:

Really makes you wonder how they built the pyramids owing to the lack of elf & safety doesn't it?

Can't say I pay much attention of health and safety from 2600 BC, however given the world we live in now, the HSE would be all over this if someone got hurt. 

15 minutes ago, GrazyKillie said:

Anyone know what the actual number of rail seats is in each stand?

I know it gives the number of seats across both but would be interested to know how many are available in the East Stand

So there’s a standing section in more than just the East? Thought it was just one section.

*Never mind just read it, why didn’t they just make one big section? 

Edited by Guff92

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I didn't go, might have had  I 1) had more than a couple of days notice to get off work and 2) had any days left to take this year 3) been more local but I don't feel guilty one bit by not going, especially when I, and many others pay a couple of hundred quid a year over and above season tickets etc directly to TIK to fund the installation in the first place.

I might be wrong but the Club/Trust haven't once given fans forewarning that they needed help, despite ordering the materials/seats months ago. They can't suddenly just have figured out on Monday that help would be needed.

Maybe they only knew on Monday that it would definitely be going in this week? No, we just assume they've known for ages and trash them for not giving people enough notice. The most hilarious thing about this thread is McLean talking sense and nobody being able to argue with him other than give him abuse about something else, that's his credibility as a moaner trashed!!! Okay, taking that too far! I looked at the original twitter and the massive over reaction which followed and some of the replies were downright embarrassing. If people had promised me help and then never turned up I wouldn't have been disappointed, I'd have been raging!!! A pound to a penny that many of the twitters that were outraged at such savage comments didn't contribute a washer to this in the first place, the social media professionally offended, and those who have should know better. The chat about incentives for helping is embarrassing too, so much for we are Killie, we are Killie but what's in it for me? It's done now and from the photos it is looking good, well done to everyone involved in not only talking a good game but delivering the goods and making it happen, and I'm talking to all the TIK people who chip in as well, proud of every one of you.

31 minutes ago, samo said:

Can't say I pay much attention of health and safety from 2600 BC, however given the world we live in now, the HSE would be all over this if someone got hurt. 

No they wouldn't. Some people opening boxes and moving chairs about, happens every day in life and there's no law against it, not even HSE legislation.

1 hour ago, baz said:

I’ll take poorly worded. All I said was I was disappointed with the lack of bodies, people said they’d be there and didn’t turn up, you’d rather I lie and say I was happy? Or say nothing at all and pretend it was a breeze? Saying I was disappointed didn’t half get me a roasting on Twitter though, talk about easy upset, the comment was more to highlight the KCST (not employees of the club as some seem to think) and a few others stepping in to help out. It saved the Trust/Club money as we got a discount for doing the donkey work. What do you get for your effort? Fans calling you an arsehole on Twitter, which is no worse I suppose then Jacko calling me a prick all day. Maybe folk should take a wee step back a bit and calm down, how upset can you get at someone saying they’re a wee bit disappointed with the turn out? Hell I’ve said it every single year after Trust AGMs and no one gave a toss! It’s a day to be proud and we’re arguing over nothing. It’s a fantastic effort by the fans and I doff my cap to every single one involved.

When it comes across as a dig, whether you meant it as a dig or not, is it a surprise people get pissed off? 

2 minutes ago, All the Wine said:

If someone slipped carrying said chair and hurt themselves, who'd be responsible?

The person carrying the chair, I appreciate its a blame society and that the HSE are a bunch of over zealous tarts, but the volunteers are taking things on themselves and the club or anyone else are not liable for them. If someone decides to carry a chair for you then that's their prerogative. Why are we trying to over complicate this even more and pointing fingers at folk about stupid arse things like this? We seem desperate to find fault here. We certainly have more than our fair share of pricks in the fanbase for sure, why are we not trying to help instead of hinder?

Looks good great move let’s just hope it’s the RIGHT people that are in it to create a good atmosphere not the crew of 11-14 year olds down the bottom right of the east stands first few rows. Following on from this those under the age of 16 should be placed in the Moffat singing section I believe this was Bowie’s vision in the first place. 

Edited by Blair K

5 minutes ago, Blair K said:

Looks good great move let’s just hope it’s the RIGHT people that are in it to create a good atmosphere not the crew of 11-14 year olds down the bottom right of the east stands first few rows 

Why? It's these lads (and some lassies) that create most of the atmosphere. Who would your "right" people be

6 minutes ago, boaby said:

.... the volunteers are taking things on themselves and the club or anyone else are not liable for them. If someone decides to carry a chair for you then that's their prerogative. 

With respect, this is nonsense. 

A company owes a duty of care as much to volunteers as to its employees and, under HSE legislation, a risk assessment requires to be completed. 

To answer the original question as to how a risk assessment would be completed for this task, the answer is “Very easily”.

I really don’t think it’s something we need to worry about on here.