Standing Section

Andy

Just now, Trojan76 said:

Why? It's these lads (and some lassies) that create most of the atmosphere. Who would your "right" people be

The people that have been going before Clarke 20/20 etc they are the people you want in this section. I don’t trust those ages mentioned the will look to GB UB bring smoke bombs flares etc. 

3 minutes ago, Blair K said:

The people that have been going before Clarke 20/20 etc they are the people you want in this section. I don’t trust those ages mentioned the will look to GB UB bring smoke bombs flares etc. 

You can't pick and choose who stands in the standing area, if they misbehave they'll get punted. Overreaction. 

31 minutes ago, Blair K said:

Looks good great move let’s just hope it’s the RIGHT people that are in it to create a good atmosphere not the crew of 11-14 year olds down the bottom right of the east stands first few rows. Following on from this those under the age of 16 should be placed in the Moffat singing section I believe this was Bowie’s vision in the first place. 

Honestly, that’s a ridiculous comment. These are exactly the sort of people we do want getting involved in this, they are the future of the club. We were all that age once - really not a good look to be looking down your nose at young kids and suggesting they are the “wrong” type of fan. Nobody wants to see stupid behaviour with flares etc but I trust the club will deal with it if it happens.

58 minutes ago, Wrangodog said:

Sorry, I don't understand how doing the donkey work (judging by the photos, moving the material from the van to the site/s) saves money ? If I employ somebody to make repairs to my house I don't carry their material or tools from the van to my house. Isn't it part of the job to get the materials on site ? 

If you are paying for it, of course. If you can negotiate a deal that would cost you less though with a little effort on your part, wouldn't you at least consider that? To cut down on the construction time the Trust offered to do said donkey work in return for a discount on the job. They take less time on the job which costs them less, the Club get the job done quicker and it costs them less. The Club/Trust have more money to spend on other initiatives. Does that explain it?

1 hour ago, KillieFC said:

If you are paying for it, of course. If you can negotiate a deal that would cost you less though with a little effort on your part, wouldn't you at least consider that? To cut down on the construction time the Trust offered to do said donkey work in return for a discount on the job. They take less time on the job which costs them less, the Club get the job done quicker and it costs them less. The Club/Trust have more money to spend on other initiatives. Does that explain it?

Yes it does. 

47 minutes ago, killie billies pal said:

Isn't that how we lost a full section of "one shoe wavers" in the MJ STAASI Days, a little bit of flexibility with our youthful fans is what is needed IMO

Don't see how the two situations equate to be honest. What do you mean by flexibility ? If that means smoke bombs and flares, sorry can't agree to that. 

It sure is and the benefit of being a member of the trust is your helping your club cut costs . It’s not about the individual or some glory hunting excercise it’s about being a member of the club you love and support and to make sure there is a club for years after. Get along to these meetings and see what it’s all about. 

I have been going to RP and away since I was 13-14 first away game was a Scottish cup tie away at Tannadice where we managed a draw against a Euro conquering United side.

I am now in my late 40’s and can’t wait to move to new section, alongside son of 16.

He for the record is not sure about it, he likes where we sit ????

I am sure he will be won over.

Happy to take our place alongside any other Killie nutters in the new section, and happy to help create a home atmosphere that has been building in recent times, in that very area.

As said really well done all involved.

Edited by Andy

13 hours ago, Wrangodog said:

Don't see how the two situations equate to be honest. What do you mean by flexibility ? If that means smoke bombs and flares, sorry can't agree to that. 

No not flares or smoke, those youngsters were chased away for waving one of their trainers at opposing fans, throwing beach balls around, banging drums and generally being young, either our Security or MJ did not want to be seen to be winding up OF fans and split them all up, that full section of around 250 kids was lost, I even believe that some probably come into the away end as they get away with being boisterous then .

13 hours ago, Wrangodog said:

Flares hardly ever get used in the Scottish games (except OF euro games) and smoke bombs now are safe to use and won’t harm anyone, safe pyro needs to be welcomed by the SFA in my opinion! Adds an atmosphere to a game no doubt about it 

21 minutes ago, killie billies pal said:

No not flares or smoke, those youngsters were chased away for waving one of their trainers at opposing fans, throwing beach balls around, banging drums and generally being young, either our Security or MJ did not want to be seen to be winding up OF fans and split them all up, that full section of around 250 kids was lost, I even believe that some probably come into the away end as they get away with being boisterous then .

Great days down in that corner. All fun and games until someone threw a raw fish at Lovenkrands.