Standing Section

Andy

I subscribe to TIK every month. I’m delighted we have a standing section in the east stand and hopefully it will expand and grow. The Motherwell ‘ultras’ commented saying they hoped they could get something like that @ fir Park. I really think it will help create an atmosphere and hopefully we can start getting banners and more songs. 

I really hope now that we have one in the Moffat too we never give them that stand back in its entirety. 

45 minutes ago, Souleycouley93 said:

By all accounts the flags have been banned in standing section which is a joke if still the case.

is a farce, unfortunately laws don't allow the flagpoles in, but im sure that when you see displays before big games that there are flags being waved, including at hamdpen, i may be wrong. Have seen lots of flags randomly at games, suppose it depends on how hard the rules are enforced. Shame for the lad who has sold all those pin badges to fund the buying of these flags though and isn't allowed to being them in, what is the game coming to? Thet are not offensive, don't block anyone's view (all the young team are together and want them) and bring something to atmosphere to the game. If you can bring in a bloody drum and hammer it away aimlessly for 90 minutes you should be able bring in a flagpole

2 hours ago, ki11ie said:

If you are a member of the trust. There was emails sent out to every member I believe. And then at the agm a show of hands vote on 4/5 different ideas on what money should be spent on. And btw Safe standing won by a vast vast majority 

I am a member, I also contribute £25 per month to TiK. I didn't receive an email giving me options on what the money was to be spent on. I live in Nottingham, so getting to an AGM isn't easy. However, a proxy vote via email would have been very easy to organise.

As I said, I'm not bothered what the money was spent on, as I trust the TiK board to make the right decisions. I'm just saying that I didn't have the option to vote on anything.

54 minutes ago, Trojan76 said:

is a farce, unfortunately laws don't allow the flagpoles in, but im sure that when you see displays before big games that there are flags being waved, including at hamdpen, i may be wrong. Have seen lots of flags randomly at games, suppose it depends on how hard the rules are enforced. Shame for the lad who has sold all those pin badges to fund the buying of these flags though and isn't allowed to being them in, what is the game coming to? Thet are not offensive, don't block anyone's view (all the young team are together and want them) and bring something to atmosphere to the game. If you can bring in a bloody drum and hammer it away aimlessly for 90 minutes you should be able bring in a flagpole

Certainly. Fans aren’t allowed to express themselves. 

Surely the club like a team like Motherwell can overrule and allow for certain section to have banners/flags. All adds to identity and atmosphere and will help get others into the club for future. 

1 hour ago, Souleycouley93 said:

Certainly. Fans aren’t allowed to express themselves. 

Surely the club like a team like Motherwell can overrule and allow for certain section to have banners/flags. All adds to identity and atmosphere and will help get others into the club for future. 

I’m not sure on exact rules but I know some clubs fans take in the plastic ones you can fold up. I wonder if the rules are just for domestic games as at Scotland games you can definitely take in wooden pole flags. 

Don't see any reason why we cant have a wall built below our Flagpoles or in that corner , To allow the many Killie flags from various supporters groups to be displayed at home games. I saw the back of one of the stands at Partick  the wall had a lot of flags on display. you could hang them on display just like we do at our away games.

just something simple , before the game you hang yer flag and afterwards take them down.

28 minutes ago, Bigdaw said:

Don't see any reason why we cant have a wall built below our Flagpoles or in that corner , To allow the many Killie flags from various supporters groups to be displayed at home games. I saw the back of one of the stands at Partick  the wall had a lot of flags on display. you could hang them on display just like we do at our away games.

just something simple , before the game you hang yer flag and afterwards take them down.

I think that might be an emergency exit.