Poppies

trenwick

5 hours ago, killie89 said:

There’s too many people on both sides of the debate who seem totally incapable of shutting the f*** up about why they do or do not wear a poppy. They take something that should be about remembering others, and make it all about themselves. As you say, it is beyond boring.

Including this thread, that was about a badge, until it was hijacked by the sob story mob with their self indulgent pity parties.

Wear a poppy or don't, no justification required!

14 hours ago, Shortie said:

for me its not "inherently political", it has other meaning to me, maybe look inwards why you think its "inherently political" - that's why! shouldn't you direct that question to the club??

If you don’t think the poppy is a political symbol I suggest having a go at growing a brain, fella.

Are these commissioned by the club? It would seem to me they’re generic pins with fitba team badges added on to them to somewhat cynically aim for some easy target audience, the excellent “desperate to show respect middle-aged male”. Find it pretty crass tbh.

10 minutes ago, aumgn said:“desperate to show respect middle-aged male”. Find it pretty crass tbh.

Who’s ‘desperate’ to show respect? You either wear one as a mark or respect or you pay your respects without one, or you don’t pay your respect at all due to some strongly-held and misguided anti-political statement or other.  

On 10/25/2019 at 10:15 PM, aumgn said:

If you don’t think the poppy is a political symbol I suggest having a go at growing a brain, fella.

Are these commissioned by the club? It would seem to me they’re generic pins with fitba team badges added on to them to somewhat cynically aim for some easy target audience, the excellent “desperate to show respect middle-aged male”. Find it pretty crass tbh.

Oh do go do one and get in the sea you racists

18 minutes ago, Gaz of the 20/20 said:

Rangers use it as a display to show how British they are. Watching Sportscene there and it appears they actually had an army tank at Ibrox today, firing fake shots, to remember people who died in service. Very unusual but typical point-scoring behaviour.

The Way Rangers have hijacked rememberance really pisses me off. It’s all about getting one up on the Celtic support. As for the Killie/Poppy badges are these authorised by the British Legion? How much goes to that fund.? Looks a bit fishy to me.

43 minutes ago, harley said:

The Way Rangers have hijacked rememberance really pisses me off. It’s all about getting one up on the Celtic support. As for the Killie/Poppy badges are these authorised by the British Legion? How much goes to that fund.? Looks a bit fishy to me.

No they are not all money goes to poppy Scotland who do a great job for veterans and there families 

13 hours ago, Oldkillie said:

There’s a few closet Celtic fans on this subject 

I don't wear a poppy and never have... I'm also not a Celtic fan.

Wear one or don't wear one, it's not exclusive to two teams and it doesn't mean not having one is being used it for political or religious point scoring.

Every f**king year 'poppygate' happens and every year it causes a pointless argument. At game Saturday I didn't even notice who had and hadn't one around me.