Poor Steve Clarke

seedsy

On 11 October 2019 at 12:59 PM, killieblues said:

This is exactly what I thought when he took the job. It is nothing like what he's actually good at. He can't possibly get the players improved during the short time that he has them together. I never understood why he didn't just head back south to his family and a good championship job.

Ironically, if he does manage to get us to the Euro's through the play-offs, I'd back him to be the most successful Scotland manager at a tournament. If he got us there then he would have time with the players for preparation, have them day-in day-out for a few weeks leading upto and during the tournament. He'd be doing what he's best at. 

Personally I hope this is what pans out for him. I'd be disappointed for him after what he achieved for Killie if he was remembered as a failure as Scotland manager.

On 10/11/2019 at 4:01 AM, Fudger said:

I watched the highlights from the other games last night and just about every other team look fitter, faster and stronger than Scotland.

Why is that? It's been evident for years that we are falling behind tactically and physically, everyone sees it but no-one changes anything.

Long overdue real change, starting at the very top of the tree with a wholesale clearout of the real culprits, the suits and blazers travelling around the world and getting paid for... actually, I'm not sure what they get paid for.

Get football people in football related jobs, overhaul everything, study what works elsewhere and why it works. (we already know what doesn't)
Always thought it was a strange choice for SC, but he's not the root cause of decades of failure... we need a revolution

8 minutes ago, RayD said:

Why is that? It's been evident for years that we are falling behind tactically and physically, everyone sees it but no-one changes anything

The worrying thing right now though - how does that square with Robertson being a champions league winner with a manager considered to be one of the best tacticians going? I can't think of a single left back in world football that I'd have over him - so we must be doing something right. 

I don't see any issue whatsoever with Robertson McGinn, Fraser, McGregor Forrest, Tierney etc in terms of tactics, physicality, technique or winning mentality.

In the here and now, not being able to get a tune out of those players is a major worry.

Apart from a decent center we have a good squad of players and certinly better players to pick from than Northern Ireland .We also have players who the Wales and Ireland would love in there squad .We are under performing and that's what Steve Clarke was brought in to do .At present he hasn't done it and could be argued we have got worse .Is it that he can't get the message over to the players in the short time he has them or is it the players couldn't care less about playing for a Scotland 

On 10/11/2019 at 4:16 PM, C4mmy31 said:

If he does that'll prove all the talk of him being away from home full time & missing his family was only a smoke screen.

Unless his personal circumstances have changed I can't see that happening.

Will make me sick. would never forgive him if he done that and all he done for killie would be forgotten about. Only my view

On 10/11/2019 at 8:12 PM, cowboy77 said:

What a shame for the bold Steve , he served us well but jumped ship too soon , I've known him personally since he was 14 , he was always a first class bawbag.       sorry for the sacrilege but true  

You joined in July and have known all this time he’s a bawbag.

NOW YOU TELL US

• 1 month later...

Will need a slice of luck to get past either Norway or Serbia in the final. Another home draw in the final, just as important as whoever we get in the semi.  

Winner of the final is also Guaranteed getting England in groups, beat them and we’d get past group stage most probably.
Scotland only 3 jammy results away from being the best Scotland team ever. Or on flip side, are  a single bad result away from being the worst team ever, having failed to qualify for a tournament we’re hosting twice! High stakes for SC.

Edited by RAG