Hate to be the bearer of bad news.....

Squirrelhumper

48 minutes ago, killie billies pal said:

Bob Valentines against Aberdeen will never be eclipsed , it was total unadulterated cheating, almost ruined our weekend in Sheepville, almost !! 

Agree, that's the worst referring display I have ever seen - Blatant cheating that day.   Fantastic support up as well.

I think we only ever got Valentine once after that and it was his last ever game I believe.

8 minutes ago, Geronimo said:

Thow against Ayr takes a bit of beating.

In fairness all our sending offs that night were pretty justified, I spoke to Louis Thow some years later, his last game was at RP against Rangers, he was well catered for after the game and didn’t find the Killie stickers on the back of his car for two days, both of while driving around Ayr.  Surprisingly decent bloke , but was an Ayr fan.

13 hours ago, killie billies pal said:

In fairness all our sending offs that night were pretty justified, I spoke to Louis Thow some years later, his last game was at RP against Rangers, he was well catered for after the game and didn’t find the Killie stickers on the back of his car for two days, both of while driving around Ayr.  Surprisingly decent bloke , but was an Ayr fan.

Agree about Louis , tbf most retired referees are pretty decent when you talk to them 

46 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Not sure if you are serious.

Not sure if I am either, but if we approach the game expecting him to be rank rotten, he will be. A bit like our mentality going into penalty shoot-outs. The fans, including me, expect us to lose and we contribute to our downfall. New manager, new mentality, what's past is past. 

9 hours ago, NorfolkG said:

McLean’s mismanagement of Cosgrove is the poorest piece of decision-making I have ever seen. Laughably bad. Except I wasn’t laughing. I was swearing. A lot.

Precisely. If he'd followed the rules, Cosgrove would have been red carded before half time and there's very high chance that none of the nonsense that followed would have occurred.

But... he didn't

Steven McLean's may well have been the worst display of refereeing witnessed by SC and I suppose he was within his rights to express the opinion and risk the SFA's ire, whatever positive outcome he imagined this might have for Kilmarnock FC.

But to connect Steven McLeans performance to his father having played for Killie seemed to be overly personal and suggested an insight into the working of the lad's mind that god-like as SC is, I found difficult to accept. And I can think of no positive outcome for Kilmarnock FC from SC expressing this opinion.

There's plenty of evidence he's a ref that has his s**te days in spades. I (hate to) quote The Daily Record (25.10.17):

"Steven McLean has been demoted to a Championship fixture after his Hampden horror show. The referee made a host of bad decisions in the Betfred Cup semi-final clash between Rangers and Motherwell . He missed Well striker Ryan Bowman’s flying elbow smashing into Fabio Cardoso’s face, a movement so fierce he broke the Portuguese’s nose"

Stuart McLean never played for Motherwell or Rangers and I don't believe if Steven McLean's crap again on Saturday that it will be because his father played for us. I kinda hoped that once SC cooled down he'd admit to going a bit over the top on the day and apologise.