Livi match, Fred

skygod

9 minutes ago, Ngonge88 said:

Genuinely? Thought Rory was excellent again! Goes about his work quietly but very effectively

Amazing how folk see things differently

He hardly did a thing right, in first half especially

Never known a player who takes wrong option so many times

Lost possession quite a few times, as well as continually turning the wrong way

Last time I looked he had 10 MoM votes

Find that incredible, given Dicker's performance

Edited by Killie Conman

31 minutes ago, Bobby14 said:

If you can, watch the game again. We played the same way. Don’t think the SPFL’s statistics are as in depth, but I think you’d be surprised with the long ball data, if there was such. 

The WyScout stats aren't up yet, but we should get an idea from how many aerial battles there were from our attacks.

Watching the goals back there, SODs turn of the defender for McKenzie's goal is brilliant. Niko at their goal is certainly to blame. Got involved in a tugging match with Miller and lost all concentration. 

19 minutes ago, Cill Mheàrnaig said:

The WyScout stats aren't up yet, but we should get an idea from how many aerial battles there were from our attacks.

Watching the goals back there, SODs turn of the defender for McKenzie's goal is brilliant. Niko at their goal is certainly to blame. Got involved in a tugging match with Miller and lost all concentration. 

It’s a clear free kick on Niko, Miller has his arms wrapped round him. No idea how you can blame him. 

Edited by warney

14 minutes ago, Killie lad said:

Yeah, not sure that's exactly praise for someone who's meant to be a creative player 

Is Rory primarily a creative player?

I would argue otherwise. 

He's a fast, hardworking midfielder who pressurises the opposition all game. The creativity he offers is a bonus. 

If he hadn't started out as a right winger I wonder if we would have the same expectations of him? 

6 minutes ago, warney said:

It’s a clear free kick on Niko, Miller has his arms wrapped round him. No idea how you can blame him. 

When the ball comes across, Niko's arms are completely around Miller's waist. He's lucky he didn't give away a penalty.

Capture.JPG.5508ad7da74c27eb7df0935258d0748f.JPG

Then when the ball comes back in from Devlin he manages to be at least a yard goalside of him, after being touch tight seconds earlier. Its poor play even though he had a decent game apart from that.

2.JPG.4bbefba43ba64678b9f5bfff154ed1cb.JPG

50 minutes ago, PillieKie said:

I thought that was the role St Clair played but he hasn't seemed to feature much so far, even from the bench.

I’d actually forgotten that we signed him. Looks like he’s way down the pecking order - behind Miller, Thomas, Sow and perhaps now Jackson. 

Thought his signing was pretty exciting at the time but doesn’t look like he’s going to be involved very much. 

23 minutes ago, Cill Mheàrnaig said:

When the ball comes across, Niko's arms are completely around Miller's waist. He's lucky he didn't give away a penalty.

Then when the ball comes back in from Devlin he manages to be at least a yard goalside of him, after being touch tight seconds earlier. Its poor play even though he had a decent game apart from that.

If you think that’s a penalty, the games gone. Miller has his arms wrapped around Nikos back, which your pic doesn’t show. When the ball comes over the top of them, Niko can’t react because Miller keeps hold off him. I was sitting in the Moffat and it was clear what Miller was doing.

Just saw the highlights on facebook and thought Rory took his goal really well. I know there was a deflection but it was great technique and connection from a high spinning ball. 

Delighted with the another win today. The entertaining football isn't quite there yet but Points make Pizes as my dear grandmother used to say. 

1 minute ago, warney said:

If you think that’s a penalty, the games gone. Miller has his arms wrapped around Nikos back, which your pic doesn’t show. When the ball comes over the top of them, Niko can’t react because Miller keeps hold off him. I was sitting in the Moffat and it was clear what Miller was doing.

I was sat in the FB pretty close by and having watched it a few times since as well it looks as if Niko starts it all by wrapping his arms around Miller. What LM's doing is what you'd want from a big striker, but when you do it as a defender you're asking for trouble. 

Either way, its no excuse for then standing off Miller when the ball comes back in.

2 hours ago, Bobby14 said:

We played just as many long balls. I’d argue that Livingston's centre half’s haven’t had an easier day, and although they conceded 2 goals, I can’t remember a time we actually managed to play thru them and get in behind their back line. They comfortably dealt with long balls up to Brophy. 

It was a hard watch and Livingston were probably playing more football until we got the opener. It improved a bit in he second half.

Maybe we’re set up to pick up second balls, and Dicker and Power are very good at this, but to say Livingston’s style is brutal is a bit hypocritical.

No, it is brutal and we were brought down to their level to counteract it. Millar consistently got behind them in the second half but he left his touch somewhere in the mid-Atlantic. Twice we were clean through their back line but a powder puff shot from Findlay (?) trickled to the goalkeeper, and Hamalainen wanted to do anything but shoot. I didn't say we played well, but that long throw from both sides of the park is hellish to watch. 

1 hour ago, Wrangodog said:

No, it is brutal and we were brought down to their level to counteract it. Millar consistently got behind them in the second half but he left his touch somewhere in the mid-Atlantic. Twice we were clean through their back line but a powder puff shot from Findlay (?) trickled to the goalkeeper, and Hamalainen wanted to do anything but shoot. I didn't say we played well, but that long throw from both sides of the park is hellish to watch. 

Well we were watching different games.

11 hours ago, Killie Conman said:

Amazing how folk see things differently

He hardly did a thing right, in first half especially

Never known a player who takes wrong option so many times

Lost possession quite a few times, as well as continually turning the wrong way

every manager we have had over the years seems to rate him which has to tell us he is a decent player. 

Just recently I saw a fan stand up and hurl abuse at him when he failed to control an absolutely shocking pass pinged 3 yards behind him from 5 yards away, which sum things up I think.

11 hours ago, Cill Mheàrnaig said:

Miller was all over Hammaleinen if you were watching that play out instead of just a couple still images. I think he stopped cos he was expecting a free kick, like everyone else. You can blame him for not playing to the whistle but it was far more a free kick to us than a penalty to them