Livi match, Fred

skygod

We are a Team of hard workers and dogged determination. So that win kinda sums us up.

Poor going forward , Lack of creativity in final third , but we are solid in defence and ball winners in midfield.

Lot of passing errors in the first 20 mins. Instances of players having a lot of space to move into or a forward pass of 20 yards being on , but choosing the safe sideways or backwards pass.

Some players seem unable to receive a pass and turn, Not sure if this is fear, or lack of ability . The long balls towards Brophy were simply giving Livi the ball back or resulted in a fight for the second ball. Lots of passes were to feet and not into space or the channels. Brophy is using to much energy chasing lost causes im.

Great to see two midfielders score what were scrappy goals. A few weeks ago they would not even have been in the box. Still lacking a creative player as we already know. If Mo Markini has pulled a hamstring then this might open up a chance for some one like Thomas/ST Clair to play as attacking midfield. 

We never look like losing but we don't look like we will win by more than a goal. Hoping what i am reading is true and Angelo is ready to bring in the creativity type players in the window. 

Looking forward to an away game as the atmosphere is poor at home , very quite until we score and even then if 5 minutes of backing.

Still heading in the right direction , Glad we are not ST Johnstone. Man the moaning would be off the charts.

Bottom and really poor to a win off third after the first round of fixtures: terrific progress.

Especially considering four first picks have had to be integrated quickly.

January window will be vital. We only really need a couple of key bodies.

Edited by NorfolkG

An excellent three points from a potentially tricky fixture especially when we clearly weren't at our best. We were slow coming out the blocks and sloppy in the first half hour but the first goal came at a good time and changed everything.

Dicker was excellent and deservedly won MOTM even apart from the goal. Under SSC there were games where we were below our best but I always felt we were still going to get a result. I'm starting to get the same feeling with AA and I think the players may have the same winning mentality.

As said before third place is well up for grabs and if we can add that wee bit of quality in the final third I think we could have another excellent season.....forza Killie. 

Steady progress. That livi team will cause many problems this season. Lawless gave niko a roasting for the first 25 mins and I saw enough of dykes to suggest he would be the perfect centre forward in our system. But we came into the game and were better in the second half. It’s the same old though. A top striker and we really would be favourite for 3rd imo. But we dont have that. On current form and with injuries we don’t have a good enough front man. Maybe Jackson will inject some life. I hope we can keep grinding it out through to the window and show some real ambition on our striker recruitment. We could then talk about this team being capable of something special.

54 minutes ago, Bigdaw said:

We are a Team of hard workers and dogged determination. So that win kinda sums us up.

Poor going forward , Lack of creativity in final third , but we are solid in defence and ball winners in midfield.

Lot of passing errors in the first 20 mins. Instances of players having a lot of space to move into or a forward pass of 20 yards being on , but choosing the safe sideways or backwards pass.

Some players seem unable to receive a pass and turn, Not sure if this is fear, or lack of ability . The long balls towards Brophy were simply giving Livi the ball back or resulted in a fight for the second ball. Lots of passes were to feet and not into space or the channels. Brophy is using to much energy chasing lost causes im.

Great to see two midfielders score what were scrappy goals. A few weeks ago they would not even have been in the box. Still lacking a creative player as we already know. If Mo Markini has pulled a hamstring then this might open up a chance for some one like Thomas/ST Clair to play as attacking midfield. 

We never look like losing but we don't look like we will win by more than a goal. Hoping what i am reading is true and Angelo is ready to bring in the creativity type players in the window. 

Looking forward to an away game as the atmosphere is poor at home , very quite until we score and even then if 5 minutes of backing.

Still heading in the right direction , Glad we are not ST Johnstone. Man the moaning would be off the charts.

Doing a decent job of moaning anyway ser.

58 minutes ago, Bigdaw said:

Hard to disagree with any of this. Not much fun to watch for us but must be a nightmare to play against for the opposition as we’re so well set defensively.

16 minutes ago, Souleycouley93 said:

What did Dykes do except elbow Del Fabro?

Holds ball up well ( what we desperately need). Clever flicked headers and link up play. Unlucky with that audacious effort on the volley. Gives defences a hard workout. With better players around him, he’d be a real handful I think. He brings the things we really dont have up front. 

42 minutes ago, skygod said:

Training must be intense right enough judging by the number bandages on del Fabro and Findlay! 

I was commenting yesterday on the shape of Mo El Makrini. He looks a fraction of the size of the player that signed for us. He wasn't particularly overweight looking then but he's got himself into incredible shape in a short period of time.

2 hours ago, Bigdaw said:

Actually think this is a reasonably fair assesment. Maybe slightly harsh but not too far off. Results are very good so I'm happy but did think the atmosphere was exceptionally flat yesterday. 

Edited by pmonty3

2 hours ago, Bigdaw said:

The long balls towards Brophy were simply giving Livi the ball back or resulted in a fight for the second ball. 

I was thinking about this yesterday - is the plan basically that we don't win those balls, but Dicker, Power and El Mek pick up the second ball and we counter? Clarke loved lumping it to Brophy too, makes me wonder if it's deliberate. 

Really noticeable yesterday that McKenzie and Burke were coming off the wings when we were in possession as if to pick up scraps around Brophy too. 

51 minutes ago, Fletch said:

I was commenting yesterday on the shape of Mo El Makrini. He looks a fraction of the size of the player that signed for us. He wasn't particularly overweight looking then but he's got himself into incredible shape in a short period of time.

Even when you watch his previous YouTube clips he looks likes he’s in the best shape he’s ever been in just now. 

Of course, Broadfoot knows better.

3 hours ago, Bigdaw said:

'scrapy goals'. Away and don't talk sh*te.

Both were strikes that Boydie would have been proud to score.

6 hours ago, Bigdaw said:

About as negative an interpretation as is possible.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but I am surprised at how few of the obvious positives you can see.

7 hours ago, Bigdaw said:

Spot on for me. Defensively sound. Hard working midfield. Little up front and little creatively. We are getting results but at times we are brutal to watch. Can we get an entertaining creative team that is hard to beat, over to Alessio for that, January should be interesting. 

33 minutes ago, Taggyfc24992 said:

I thought Bigdaw's post was spot on. Optimistically honest. What are the 'obvious' positives that you think were missed?

- We aren’t “poor” going forward. We are a defence-first team who do enough to get results, as shown by our vastly-improved run since Hamilton away.

- Players taking a safe pass isn’t an “error”; it’s clearly a game plan.

- The idea that some players can’t take a pass and turn is very obviously not accurate in my opinion. Some of our technical stuff has been very good since St Johnstone away.

- We don’t play long ball.

- The goals weren’t scrappy.

- El Makrini plays a key role. When he went off, we dropped away. 

- The St Johnstone comparison is very negative. We are streets ahead of them.

The post read as one long moan to me. That is the poster’s right - I just disagree.

I’d take a scrappy 1-0 in every game.  Did arsenal fans moan when they won 1-0 in lost games under George Graham?  Did they fk,  they celebrated it and sang a bloody song about it for years.

folk need to stop bitching that we aren’t Brazil from the 1970 World Cup.  I’d take our current form until the end of the season right now.

Others are obviously of different opinions but after watching years of soft centred teams before Clarke arrived I’m still enjoying watching us be stubborn and hard to beat. We didn’t see ourselves being what we are now after Nomads and then Hamilton away. Let’s stick with it and see how we grow. 

For what it’s worth I think we have shown a bit more attacking intent recently. It’s lacked quality at times and the decision making hasn’t been good enough in situation but we are getting balls into the box(Burke and SOD put a few great balls in yesterday) and we do seem more willing to get a shot away. 

Hopefully we can make more improvements in January. We were crying out for attacking options in the summer but it’s transpired we needed to rebuild a defence as well. I’d rather be solid and scrapping for victories than having neither the attackers or defenders and being back to where we were two years ago.

2 hours ago, NorfolkG said:

About as negative an interpretation as is possible.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but I am surprised at how few of the obvious positives you can see.

The positives are our defensive mentality and determination, Being able to  control the game when in front, Being able to get the new players to blend with the  players who were here before and to keep the shape the manager has decided will give us the greatest chance of gaining points. 

I am simply putting across my view of what i am watching. Not trying to make a negative post without an explanation. The Manager knows what he want's  to change and bring in players who will help that happen. But i don't want to paint a picture of everything is great and we are playing fantastic if i don't think that. I thought we have played better it some of our matches and drawn 0-0. Even Hamilton away were we lost 2-0 i thought we played well and created a lot of chances.

I stand by my post as its my opinion , Just as much as someone posting , Great result or great performance, yet don't describe how they thought it was a great performance.

PS: I am 100% Angelo and look forward to seeing what happens when he plays the expansive football he want's to introduce.