TheTwoPointOne-cast

Fletch

Yesterday's episode is "How has Angelo Alessio turned things around at Kilmarnock", worth a listen. It's an odd podcast, they have all the stats but sometimes come across like they don't watch an awful lot of the football that they're talking about. Most of the stats just confirm what we've been watching. Interesting discussion points below;

- Del Fabro's og ended a run of 857 minutes conceding only to Celtic.

- Niko has better defensive stats than Taylor last season but not contributing the same going forward.

- Stats would suggest SOD is playing better than most realise.

- El Makrini is the no 1 winner of defensive duels in the league.

- Millar is one of the best direct dribblers in the league.

- We're probably too reliant on Burke for creativity.

- Our defence is "astounding" but we need to score more. SOD being top scorer being the main alarming stat.

All in all, we have developed a solid base that needs to be added to in January.

54 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Yesterday's episode is "How has Angelo Alessio turned things around at Kilmarnock", worth a listen. It's an odd podcast, they have all the stats but sometimes come across like they don't watch an awful lot of the football that they're talking about. Most of the stats just confirm what we've been watching. Interesting discussion points below;

- Del Fabro's og ended a run of 857 minutes conceding only to Celtic.

- Niko has better defensive stats than Taylor last season but not contributing the same going forward.

- Stats would suggest SOD is playing better than most realise.

- El Makrini is the no 1 winner of defensive duels in the league.

- Millar is one of the best direct dribblers in the league.

- We're probably too reliant on Burke for creativity.

- Our defence is "astounding" but we need to score more. SOD being top scorer being the main alarming stat.

All in all, we have developed a solid base that needs to be added to in January.

-Del Fabro's og ended a run of 857 minutes conceding only to Celtic.

I think that should be changed to 863 minutes without any opposition player scoring against us. Looks and sounds better as well ;)

53 minutes ago, Piersquared said:

It’s without doubt the most boring podcast around about Scottish football.

I did listen to the Alessio one but some of the others are bone dry and over reliant on stats.

I only tend to dip in and out if it's about Killie. I'd agree though. There are 3 or 4 Scottish Football Podcasts I'm more inclined to listen to.

57 minutes ago, Bullitt said:

I don't believe that for even a fraction of a second.

The stats they have access to will be the same paid for stats that clubs and scouts use (wyscout?), so it will be correct. It's probably more down to the style of play than anything else I'd expect. It's all down to ratios and percentages and Niko's ratio is probably based on his handful of games whereas Taylor is probably based over the whole of last season. As usual with stats it's how you read them.