Saturday

BoydsFace

3 hours ago, mitch14 said:

Nah, that doesn't wash. 

He could very easily have said "best thing for me is to move on" and left it at that. 

His comments said that all the players were unhappy, which dragged then into it and means they still (Rory McKenzie this week for example, Dicker everytime he's on Sportsound) are getting asked about that. 

We may never know the full truth, but it sounds an awful lot like most of the stories of unrest were actually coming from Kirk and weren't necessarily representing everyone - that in itself put a negative mood on everything around the club. 

That interview was completely lacking in class and I think was disrespectful to the manager, players and club. Great player for us, but a really sour note to leave on. 

Where did Broadfoot say they were all unhappy? 

He said:

“The majority of the players found it hard and I am not sure how many of them enjoy it.

9 minutes ago, BoydsFace said:

Where did Broadfoot say they were all unhappy? 

He said:

“The majority of the players found it hard and I am not sure how many of them enjoy it.

Thata the comment I was referring to. Agree not as strong as I typed it, but the effect is the same in speaking for other players. 

Alessio is showing him how's its done in his interview today. Says hell shake his hand and there's no hard feelings. That's all Kirk needed to say at the time. 

3 hours ago, NorfolkG said:

I think it’s a fair inference from that quote.

I’m coming across as a big defender of Kirk here and that’s not my intention at all but you can’t take that quote and then say he said none of the players were happy.

Of course I am on AA’s side and the manager handled the situation with absolute class. The comments about fitness have been made to look stupid and nobody can argue that the shape work is the reason for our great start. Even to the amateur eye you can see we are playing to a pattern.

5 hours ago, KillieFC said:

Well that's what we were told at the time by the people dealing with it. Why would they give him a contract extension and a pay rise and then release him a few weeks later at his request? That doesn't make any sense.

Doesn't make sense to me either but that's what i was told.

11 hours ago, Boabkfc19 said:

Not sure if mentioned afore but im sick watching brophy dive about. Guy of his stature shouldnt get knocked down so easily... Just saying... Rant over... 

Dpn't like it myself, But perhaps he has realised he is unable to win a header or hold the ball and thinks a free kick is his best option.

Kirk is no big loss to us given replacements. But the style we now have is much closer to Clarke’s killie than it was when Kirk made the comments. Whether player influence or a manager looking at his ambition versus reality of playing staff and changing his plans, style has changed. Kirk reflected his ( and I’m sure others) view at a moment in time. Both sides have moved on. He’ll get a clap from me at the start. He deserves respect. After that he’s a st Mirren player.

On 10/24/2019 at 11:30 PM, mitch14 said:

Agreed. Had his chance to quietly leave and say it wasn't for him and chose to trash the manager and make a big fuss. It's a boo for me, Clive 

Did he trash the manager?

I only remember him making some comments about not enjoying the training as Alessio predominantly worked on shape rather than fitness. 

5 hours ago, Scooby_Doo said:

Is that the Juventus that were relegated for match fixing?

Not a great example to prove a point.

If you want to delve into the history of any football club I’m sure you’ll find a negative in their somewhere and could quite likely involve the fans . 

Im still going with my assertion that Alessio is a classier man than Broadfoot as has been verified by most of the comments on here and that I’d rather be associated with Juventus than Drongan 

11 minutes ago, fraz65 said:

Big Kirk played in a UEFA cup final. I'm not sure that Angelo ever did. 

Angelo has never been injured by an egg , nor banned for 10 games for sectarian comments .

Kirk has many benefits and I’m not instigating a witch hunt here just that in this instance and concerning him leaving KFC , Angelo has come out of this discussion the better . 

4 hours ago, fraz65 said:

Did he trash the manager?

I only remember him making some comments about not enjoying the training as Alessio predominantly worked on shape rather than fitness. 

“It was night and day to what it had been like under Steve. He was super-organised and there was a real tempo to training in every session.

“Everybody knew what we had to do and what was expected of us and everyone saw how successful it was in Steve’s time.

When Angelo came in training was just so flat and there was little tempo to it.

"I didn't feel fit or sharp. I ended up going to the gym to run on the treadmill to keep my fitness up.

"A few of us went out running separately just to get ourselves fitter. I love training and putting in the work but that wasn't happening at Kilmarnock." 

So - players didn't know what to do, not fit or sharp, training flat, players unhappy and had to do extra training - fair to say thara trashing the manager, no? 

6 hours ago, Bonbon19 said:

If you want to delve into the history of any football club I’m sure you’ll find a negative in their somewhere and could quite likely involve the fans . 

Im still going with my assertion that Alessio is a classier man than Broadfoot as has been verified by most of the comments on here and that I’d rather be associated with Juventus than Drongan 

I didn't exactly 'delve' into history - it was only thirteen years ago. And match fixing is about as low as you get in football. It didn't involve the fans either, it was the club itself.

I don't disagree that Broadfoot's comments lacked class.