Match Day Hospitality - Dress Code

Fairlight

Hi Folks, looking for some advice on dress code for 1869 Suite for the St Mirren game.

Apparently dress code does not allow jeans. However, last couple of time I have been at hospitality for games at Hampden and Tynecastle, most people are wearing jeans and smart jacket.

Does anybody know how strictly the rules are adhered to at Rugby Park?

Thanks

3 hours ago, Riccarton Bluebell said:

Killie need to relax the dress code. It’s 2019 and discrimination against men is still ongoing. If woman were forced to wear a tie and men were not,do you think that would be accepted? Folk should be allowed to wear what they want.

People rarely wear ties now even for work. Don’t know why you would need to wear one to go and see a football match 

2 minutes ago, historyman said:

People rarely wear ties now even for work. Don’t know why you would need to wear one to go and see a football match 

Quite agree. You can wear what you want in the stands, but if you pay more for your day out in hospitality you have to dress up and not be comfortable. Load of crap. 

1 hour ago, Trojan76 said:

Aberdeen allow jeans and trainers now in their hospitality.

I'm in two minds over it, can see why some think the dress code shpuld be relaxed, but i think folk should make the effort for it and have a shirt and tie (and shoes) on

I certainly wouldn't pay for hospitality if Iam made to dress a certain way. 

1 hour ago, historyman said:

It’s not about wearing a tie to watch a football match - it’s about dressing appropriately for a formal lunch, isn’t it? 

The main market for corporate hospitality is going to be businesses entertaining clients and/or staff and they probably expect there to be a minimum dress code. 

Not saying that it has to be suits and ties but smarter than jeans and trainers I would have thought. 

13 hours ago, skygod said:

It’s not about wearing a tie to watch a football match - it’s about dressing appropriately for a formal lunch, isn’t it? 

The main market for corporate hospitality is going to be businesses entertaining clients and/or staff and they probably expect there to be a minimum dress code. 

Not saying that it has to be suits and ties but smarter than jeans and trainers I would have thought. 

It’s exactly about wearing a tie. That’s what the previous post said and that’s what is old fashioned and outdated. Tie Rack went out of business for a reason. We haven’t needed to wear a tie at work for years. You can be perfectly smart without a tie 

18 hours ago, Riccarton Bluebell said:

Killie need to relax the dress code. It’s 2019 and discrimination against men is still ongoing. If woman were forced to wear a tie and men were not,do you think that would be accepted? Folk should be allowed to wear what they want.

Nah, I like how it's formal.

If folk want to dress like scruffs then there's plenty of alternatives.

1 hour ago, historyman said:

It’s exactly about wearing a tie. That’s what the previous post said and that’s what is old fashioned and outdated. Tie Rack went out of business for a reason. We haven’t needed to wear a tie at work for years. You can be perfectly smart without a tie 

That is your opinion and you are perfectly entitled to it.

Me, I wear a suit and tie for work and have done for over 40years. Maybe I am old school, but I think it is respectful to others and to the club and surroundings to be well dressed. For me, it is an occasion and as someone said above, you wouldn’t go to a wedding or as I see In Prestwick on race day without a suit and tie.

Agree absolutely with Squirrelhumper and with no jeans, even chinos, or trainers.