O’Donnell

marie osmond

10 minutes ago, david mcbeth said:

It’s bizarre. We are third in league with something like 8 clean sheets out of ten but if you come on here you have people baying for the blood of about 5 first team players.

On the way to the game today I was walking behind two guys who spent about 5 minutes discussing how it was imperative to get Rory away from the club. Presumably they weren’t both Guff92 so there are obviously people out there who genuinely are more concerned with berating players and getting them ‘hunted’ than they are with our on field performances or results.

Agreed - Rory did have a poor first half today but was much better 2nd half.

He's following Colin Nish and James Fowler as being a Killie player who some fans don't appreciate : however check out this season's MOTM voting.

As you say - it's bizarre 

22 minutes ago, david mcbeth said:

It’s bizarre. We are third in league with something like 8 clean sheets out of ten but if you come on here you have people baying for the blood of about 5 first team players.

On the way to the game today I was walking behind two guys who spent about 5 minutes discussing how it was imperative to get Rory away from the club. Presumably they weren’t both Guff92 so there are obviously people out there who genuinely are more concerned with berating players and getting them ‘hunted’ than they are with our on field performances or results.

People having opinion shocker. 

We were in the East Stand and commented on how well he starters the game, but second half we were scratching our heads at his lack of desire to get either forward or chase back, we are both SOD fans but simply couldn’t understand the changes in his attitude this afternoon, tbh anyone denying this needs to keeps close eye on him

2 minutes ago, david mcbeth said:

People are entitled to opinions. I just think it’s bizarre that on the way TO the game the discussion of two Killie fans is on getting one of our players hunted.

Presumably if we ‘hunt’ say Rory, SOD, Brophy, Millar and Branescu these guys will be happy, even if we slip down the league??

No, because then they might have actual bad players to shout crap at.

26 minutes ago, david mcbeth said:

People are entitled to opinions. I just think it’s bizarre that on the way TO the game the discussion of two Killie fans is on getting one of our players hunted.

Presumably if we ‘hunt’ say Rory, SOD, Brophy, Millar and Branescu these guys will be happy, even if we slip down the league??

I'd imagine people want them hunted for better players. Most of the players you mentioned are IMO decent squad players but can do better tbh. Rory for me offers little besides effort and you replace him with someone else and I don't see us missing him. Brophy has potential but he's fast running out of goodwill. Millar has been poor, even he knows it. I like SOD but it's clear to see he's 'not right' this season. Quite like branescu personally. I'm delighted to see us sit 3rd again but the football isn't exiting and scraping results every week doesn't seem maintainable long term although it's working because of the effort the team is putting. Some people think turning a blind eye to problems is fine because we're picking up points, others want to see us address problems before they cost us. 

Edited by Killie lad

5 minutes ago, Killie lad said:

I'd imagine people want them hunted for better players. Most of the players you mentioned are IMO decent squad players but can do better tbh. Rory for me offers little besides effort and you replace him with someone else and I don't see us missing him. Brophy has potential but he's fast running out of goodwill. Millar has been poor, even he knows it. I like SOD but it's clear to see he's 'not right' this season. Quite like branescu personally. I'm delighted to see us sit 3rd again but the football isn't exiting and scraping results every week doesn't seem maintainable long term although it's working because of the effort the team is putting. Some people think turning a blind eye to problems is fine because we're picking up points, others want to see us address problems before they cost us. 

And some just like a right good moan.

All opinions are valid but shouting crap at players - who are third in the league - is really, really poor.

Edited by NorfolkG

10 minutes ago, NorfolkG said:

And some just like a right good moan.

All opinions are valid but shouting crap at players - who are third in the league - is really, really poor.

I agree shouting crap at players doesn't help, sometimes people can say stuff in frustration but giving abuse is uncalled for. I'm not a fan of mckenzie for example but Guffs obsession with him is quite embarrassing and slighty worrying. My points is in regards to people shooting others down for having an opinion or someone daring to criticise a player outside the ground. 

Edited by Killie lad

21 minutes ago, Killie lad said:

I agree shouting crap at players doesn't help, sometimes people can say stuff in frustration but giving abuse is uncalled for. My points is in regards to people shooting others down for having an opinion or about something you overheard someone saying outside the ground. 

The forum absolutely is for people to discuss - and very often disagree. 

But the negativity at matches is inexcusable imo, especially when we have so many positives on and off the park. We are meant to be rebuilding the club after a bleak period, not moaning and criticising every microscopic incident and decision.

For me, the hyperbolic criticism of some players on here is indicative of some of the crap being shouted at the games. For example, O’Donnell not trying. Opinions, yes, but calling people’s professional integrity into question is a bit of a joke.

Edited by NorfolkG

1 hour ago, troonkilliefan said:

Agreed - Rory did have a poor first half today but was much better 2nd half.

He's following Colin Nish and James Fowler as being a Killie player who some fans don't appreciate : however check out this season's MOTM voting.

As you say - it's bizarre 

Don’t think every Killie fan is on these forums to be fair. So the MOTM goes for nothing. Always supported Rory for his work rate, as with Brophy. But he’s being played as a right winger. I expect my wingers to come up with goals and assists over the course of the season. His movement going forward is abysmal. Had it not been for a lucky deflection last week he would quite rightly be getting slaughtered for missing a great opportunity, he got a bit of luck. 

Millar was totally useless today. But, given the opportunity I fancy Millar finishing off a chance than Rory, even on an off day. If McKenzie was playing CM, I wouldn’t be as critical of his performance. He’s supposed to be creating chances for Brophy and he doesn’t. Burke and Thomas are far more intelligent on the ball. McKenzie is better defensively, albeit sometimes soft. Today, at home to St Mirren, we needed a bit of flair. 

As a paying customer I want to be entertained, today I wasn’t. You’d be lying if you said you were.

I’m in the FB and I back up those who say SOD lost his way today. His confidence has been shot for weeks if not months but today it very much appeared like he was in the huff and actually refusing the instructions from his captain and the bench. 

No witch hunt here as I want him to sign a new deal with us but there is definitely issues with him at the moment. Every time he receives the ball in an attacking position he takes and extra touch of goes backwards, for me that is a confidence issue. 

31 minutes ago, Killie lad said:

I agree shouting crap at players doesn't help, sometimes people can say stuff in frustration but giving abuse is uncalled for. I'm not a fan of mckenzie for example but Guffs obsession with him is quite embarrassing and slighty worrying. My points is in regards to people shooting others down for having an opinion or someone daring to criticise a player outside the ground. 

Obsession? I want our team to move forward. How can we when we are playing a “work horse” as a right mid when we are crying out for goals and some sort of creativity.

My obsession is with people defending him week in week out. Whilst giving other players criticism. Which btw, is fine with me. Millar deserves it today because he didn’t perform, but he’ll know that himself. 

Fairs fair n all that. 

24 minutes ago, NorfolkG said:

For me, the hyperbolic criticism of some players on here is indicative of some of the crap being shouted at the games. For example, O’Donnell not trying. Opinions, yes, but calling people’s professional integrity into question is a bit of a joke.

The fact there is other people that feel the same way suggest it's not just some random bit of maliciousness thrown out there. The suggestion that someone reacted poorly to critisism is hardly crime of the century or unbelievable is it? 

1 minute ago, Killie lad said:

The fact there is other people that feel the same way suggest it's not just some random bit of maliciousness thrown out there. The suggestion that someone reacted poorly to critisism is hardly crime of the century or unbelievable is it? 

I don’t like people suggesting a player isn’t trying.

I have said myself on here previously that his form has dipped but a lot of the criticism is over the top and citing things that people have no insight into whatsoever.

I am astounded at the lack of respect on here for players who have contributed to - and continue to contribute to - the best period of results in a generation.

2 minutes ago, Guff92 said:

Obsession? I want our team to move forward. How can we when we are playing a “work horse” as a right mid when we are crying out for goals and some sort of creativity.

My obsession is with people defending him week in week out. Whilst giving other players criticism. Which btw, is fine with me. Millar deserves it today because he didn’t perform, but he’ll know that himself. 

Fairs fair n all that. 

You can't seem to make a post that doesn't have a dig at him, some of it seems like you have a personal problem with him. I don't rate him much either but he is a trier most of the time and I thought he was pretty decent 2nd half of last season, I'll give him that. 

don’t

I have said myself on here previously that his form has dipped but a lot of the criticism is over the top and citing things that people have no insight into whatsoever.

I am astounded at the lack of respect on here for players who have contributed to - and continue to contribute to - the best period of results in a generation.

I’m not astounded by the nonsense some folk on here come away with. Some people can’t dissociate a players right to simply honour their existing contract ( with a view to a move) from not caring or not trying.  As I and others have said, he is an integral part of a tremendous defensive record. We have only scored 9? Goals. He’s joint top scorer with 2 and has played a key role in 2 others (millar and rory). Key involvement  in almost 50% percent of goals scored. As a right back. He has bad moments as all players do. There may have been a disagreement today. So what. Best right back in my lifetime. 

17 minutes ago, NorfolkG said:

Quite a lot suggesting jj was in this position last season. Nonsense. Hope a few on here beginning to see the loss that he really is. Millar may well develop to jj level in time but a million miles behind at this stage in his career.

45 minutes ago, Guff92 said:

Don’t think every Killie fan is on these forums to be fair. So the MOTM goes for nothing. Always supported Rory for his work rate, as with Brophy. But he’s being played as a right winger. I expect my wingers to come up with goals and assists over the course of the season. His movement going forward is abysmal. Had it not been for a lucky deflection last week he would quite rightly be getting slaughtered for missing a great opportunity, he got a bit of luck. 

Millar was totally useless today. But, given the opportunity I fancy Millar finishing off a chance than Rory, even on an off day. If McKenzie was playing CM, I wouldn’t be as critical of his performance. He’s supposed to be creating chances for Brophy and he doesn’t. Burke and Thomas are far more intelligent on the ball. McKenzie is better defensively, albeit sometimes soft. Today, at home to St Mirren, we needed a bit of flair. 

As a paying customer I want to be entertained, today I wasn’t. You’d be lying if you said you were.

Today at home against St Mirren we needed to win. We did. McKenzie’s tireless performance was part of that. You seem to portray him as someone that is beloved of the supporters. Actually he’s underrated. Clarke and Alessio know more about football than you. Each has a 50% win rate as Killie boss. Give up.