General Election Dec '19

skygod

9 hours ago, Zorro said:

His party won a major majority, he’s every right to gloat. I’m not so sure all the Tory support will be just as chirpy when they find out all the foreigners haven’t been put on “boats back home” this morning. 

i am not trolling, my party won. however many of the part time/new supporters will be hugely disappointed when the dust settles as they might not end up with what they thought they were voting for.

20 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

23F73EBF-5BCF-4C65-BD28-D792C7CB6110.png.6e1ffeaa3ca7819edd92bcb2a55d3592.png

Thought the video going round of Nicola Sturgeon celebrating wildly at Jo Swinson losing her seat was a bit crass from the FM. Not very statesperson like. Can’t imagine many other leaders behaving like this. 

She's celebrating the fact that her party's candidate, who has been through a lot in her young life (beating cancer twice) who was standing for the first time, won a seat in a very marginal constituency beating a party leader in the process. 

Don't let the facts get in the way of a good SNP bashing though, eh?

5 hours ago, Guff92 said:

If you voted for Tory your a c**t. 
If your Scottish and didn’t vote SNP your a c**t. 
If your English and didn’t tactically vote labour your also a c**t.

Big shout out to the bigots up the road for failing to kick out the SNP though.

What a f**king world we live in.

if you post under the name Guff92 you should have tried harder at school

33 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

23F73EBF-5BCF-4C65-BD28-D792C7CB6110.png.6e1ffeaa3ca7819edd92bcb2a55d3592.png

Thought the video going round of Nicola Sturgeon celebrating wildly at Jo Swinson losing her seat was a bit crass from the FM. Not very statesperson like. Can’t imagine many other leaders behaving like this. 

massively cringe worthy. if it was boris dancing about after picking up blythe people on here would be going nuts

8 minutes ago, BelieveToAchieve said:

She's celebrating the fact that her party's candidate, who has been through a lot in her young life (beating cancer twice) who was standing for the first time, won a seat in a very marginal constituency beating a party leader in the process. 

Don't let the facts get in the way of a good SNP bashing though, eh?

aye did she check every candidates health cv before deciding to dance or not when the result came in? jog on.

36 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

Your problem is, that despite the success of yesterday, a majority still voted unionist. Also, some were asked to lend their vote to keep the Tories out, which they did. They were told it wouldn’t be used to argue for a referendum, but just after 10pm, that’s just what happened. 

This was a GE, not indyref2. But going on your logic, 45% SNP + 1% Green + the well reported 1/3 of Scots Labour supporters who back indy = 52% YES going on my math. Thats before the all powerful BJ administration has even started mate, before indyref2 is called and remember the massive 20% YES increase back in 2014. 
All to play for, but my gut feeling is it'll end up in the courts and probably not happen till 2021, then you’re into the Hollyrood election and one more chance to thwart the will of the Scots people. 

Realistically, you could see scotland going independent before Labour are back in power at WM.

44 minutes ago, killie1961 said:

The Eton tosser in the process of changing the law so courts cant over rule him dickhead dictator

Not sure a PM can legislate to deny a country the right of self determination, enshrined in both international law and UN charters. Sure are plenty of examples of people in power who have tried though!!!

5 hours ago, RAG said:

Not sure a PM can legislate to deny a country the right of self determination, enshrined in both international law and UN charters. Sure are plenty of examples of people in power who have tried though!!!

Bougainville would be an example of a country successfully being allowed an independence referendum despite opposition from PNG and a civil war. 

Edited by fraz65

Sturgeon is undoubtedly a clever politician and is playing her hand very well at the moment . She knows that she doesn’t have the numbers for independence now but does have the moral right to ask for a vote after the Scottish GE results . She will keep chipping away at Johnson and testing his patience with this question , because she’s gambling on him making a monumental f&*K up of Brexit, the economy , the NHS etc etc . Whether this will happen we will have to wait and see , if I were Cummings I’d temper what Johnson promises in the coming weeks . 

1 hour ago, Bonbon19 said:

Sturgeon is undoubtedly a clever politician and is playing her hand very well at the moment . She knows that she doesn’t have the numbers for independence now but does have the moral right to ask for a vote after the Scottish GE results . She will keep chipping away at Johnson and testing his patience with this question , because she’s gambling on him making a monumental f&*K up of Brexit, the economy , the NHS etc etc . Whether this will happen we will have to wait and see , if I were Cummings I’d temper what Johnson promises in the coming weeks . 

You have no idea if she has the numbers. I stopped reading there. 

2 hours ago, Bonbon19 said:

....... she’s gambling on him making a monumental f&*K up of Brexit, the economy , the NHS etc etc . 

Well considering his track record I'd say she is on a banker. He is s traincrash of a politician leaving a trail of rubble behind him but he is a born survivor and always emerges from the rubble unscathed.

1 hour ago, Bonbon19 said:

The latest polls and the GE result says otherwise , thought you were a numbers guy ? Or is it only your interpretation of the numbers that counts ? 

F8B0A1C8-E456-4883-947B-2D309BA4EE24.jpeg

340,000 foreign nationals unable to vote in U.K. parliamentary elections but able to vote in a Scottish referendum. Another 100,000 16-17 year olds able to vote in an independence referendum. 75% of 16-17 year olds support independence. There’s also elements of the Labour and Lib Dem movements who support independence. It’s also worth noting that in the last General Election prior to the last independence referendum, support for the SNP stood at 19% and that translated to 45% in the referendum. At this election it stands at 46%. It only requires around 200,000 people to change their minds from last time for us to succeed. Is that enough numbers for you?

Edited by Zorro

1 hour ago, Zorro said:

340,000 foreign nationals unable to vote in U.K. parliamentary elections but able to vote in a Scottish referendum. Another 100,000 16-17 year olds able to vote in an independence referendum. 75% of 16-17 year olds support independence. There’s also elements of the Labour and Lib Dem movements who support independence. It’s also worth noting that in the last General Election prior to the last independence referendum, support for the SNP stood at 19% and that translated to 45% in the referendum. At this election it stands at 46%. It only requires around 200,000 people to change their minds from last time for us to succeed. Is that enough numbers for you?

So how many of the 340000 foreigners will vote for independence ? There’s also at least 20 % of people who vote SNP  who don’t want independence .All ifs and buts and maybes .  As you’ve said “ you’ve no idea of the numbers “ either  . As you didn’t read the rest of my post I’ll forgive you . 

7 minutes ago, Bonbon19 said:

So how many of the 340000 foreigners will vote for independence ? There’s also at least 20 % of people who vote SNP  who don’t want independence .All ifs and buts and maybes .  As you’ve said “ you’ve no idea of the numbers “ either  . As you didn’t read the rest of my post I’ll forgive you . 

Hmmm let's see 340000 people who the UK want rid of and put onto boats, who would say OK them that's a good idea.

Aye good one, they're another group threatened and conned by WM and unionists  who wint be this time. 

5 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

Hmmm let's see 340000 people who the UK want rid of and put onto boats, who would say OK them that's a good idea.

Aye good one, they're another group threatened and conned by WM and unionists  who wint be this time. 

Where did you see that Boris and co want rid off 340000 imigrants ? They want to recruit foreign nurses so I doubt very much that every non UK person will be getting sent back home .Might be making it a bit harder for the unskilled low paid European migrants to come here .Pass the skill and salary test and you will be welcome from any country in the world not just the EU 

13 minutes ago, Bonbon19 said:

I didn’t claim to know the numbers. You made a statement of fact that she didn’t have the numbers. I’ve shown it’s impossible to make that claim based on the limitations of the General Election results. You’re looking at the numbers through a fog of confirmation bias and passing it off as gospel. 

Just now, Killiepies said:

Where did you see that Boris and co want rid off 340000 imigrants ? They want to recruit foreign nurses so I doubt very much that every non UK person will be getting sent back home .Might be making it a bit harder for the unskilled low paid European migrants to come here .Pass the skill and salary test and you will be welcome from any country in the world not just the EU 

Nurses don’t earn enough to pass the threshold Bojo was discussing as an entry requirement. That said, I’m sure I read India was keen on relaxing migration rules as part of any trade deal with the U.K. Imagine the meltdown in Grimsby etc when they end up switching nurses from Krakow for nurses from Mumbai. Ffs even Romanians were considered too dark skinned for your average English patriot. 

7 minutes ago, Killiepies said:

But a lot of the key labour required to keep the country running in the UK is both unskilled and low paid!  Agriculture, manufacturing two key industries beyond medicine, crucial for the country and reliant on low paid, unskilled EU labour. The sort of immigration policy you propose will kill sectors of industry and kill the planet as we fly in food plus things we don't domestically  manufacture.