Line up face Aberdeen

Craigieboy

Couple of issues to resolve with Bruce' appeal and assuming Del Fabro wont make it. 

Id go with this. 

Larry 

SOD                Dicker            Bruce              Hammy 

Burke             Power          McKenzie        Millar

Thomas

Brophy 

After Brophy came on he got a few good balls in to the box. I'd consider playing him on the right hand side, one way or another it's going to be a slightly experimental side anyway. I'd definitely play Thomas again, he is the only one who seems to go forward with a bit of confidence. Liam Millar just looks completely the opposite at the minute, he's badly in need of a goal or something to spark his confidence.

Hopefully Bruce gets his red overturned. If Johnson was our player I'd be quite keen to see him play through his jitters that he showed last night but if he's just here to make up emergency numbers then trying to develop him is of no real benefit to us so we would be better going with Bruce/Dicker just to be as solid as we possibly can.

Although we had ten men I felt we played more to Brophy’s strengths when he came on. Not as many hopeful high balls. We also gave him service which allowed him to take the CBs out of their comfort zone. Twice he got by his man with ease and put great crosses over. His general play seemed more instinctive. Maybe time to try him in a different role or go to a two. 

Aberdeens CM has been questionable for a few weeks although they are getting numbers back now. IMO it important we have our strongest three in there. So Dicker at CM unless Bruce is out. Johnson will get better with games. Last night must rank in some of the worst circumstances to make your debut. 

2 hours ago, KennyH80 said:

Couple of issues to resolve with Bruce' appeal and assuming Del Fabro wont make it. 

Id go with this. 

Larry 

SOD                Dicker            Bruce              Hammy 

Burke             Power          McKenzie        Millar

Thomas

Brophy 

No El Mak?

Though he did well in defence , do feel we miss Dicker in that defensive midfield role so hope the injury/ suspension issues are cleared up soon

Now used various options and combinations in that front 3 ....still to find the right one ...badly need a player or 2 to suddenly find consistent goal return

As said above, I'd play Power, Dicker and El Mak in the middle of the park, against the hammer throwers of Aberdeen.  They'll be dirty, so we should be prepared for that.  Need to cut out the supply and space in MF and flanks for the counter attack to big Cosgrove and McGinn before it happens.

Larry

SOD   Bruce   Dicker   Hammy

Power     El Mak

Burke            DT              Millar

Brophy

Assuming Bruce gets his red overturned of course.

Would be tempted to give Iain Wilson a run in beside Power and move El Mak to a more advanced position, but I think DT could do some damage there.