January transfer

Craigieboy

8 hours ago, skygod said:

More people should heed Kipling’s advice and treat the two imposters of Triumph and Disaster just the same. 

His advice on gambling was a bit suspect though. 

"If you can make one heap of all your winnings

And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,

And lose, and start again at your beginnings,

And never breathe a word about your loss"

I don't know about the players who are out on loan but as far as I can see we have three players whose contracts extend beyond the current season, Findlay, Power, and Brophy. Clearly, as well as recruiting in January we have a lot of work to do to get the likes of Dicker to resign and maybe persuading some of the loan players to sign permanent contracts. January is going to be an attempt to catch up on the recruitment that should have happened in the summer with the emphasis, hopefully, on quality rather than quantity. 

14 minutes ago, Mojike and Bod said:

We could be in the market for a left back. Huddersfield apparently keen to sign Hamaleinen in January. QPR would rather sell him and recoup a fee than lose him for nothing at the end of the season. 

The unfortunate side of the loan market, the boys been excellent and we’ve just put him in the shop window.

15 minutes ago, PillieKie said:

How have Waters' performances been at St Mirren does anyone know? Is it likely he could come back and do a job?

At Mirren fan at work speaks very highly of Waters, what I remember of his cameo roles with us were that there was a player in him, needed a bit of game time, so could be ready for new year if Niko goes .

1 hour ago, Bullitt said:

Waters looked decent every single time I've seen him play for us. Like with Kiltie, it was silly loaning out two of our own players and bringing in loans for their position.

I doubt Waters of Kiltie would be keen to return however.

Both players wanted to go and play. At the time neither could be promised regular football. Had they stayed they could quickly have been regulars but that was a risk. I’d like to see both play for Killie again but I have my doubts they will. 

Hopefully we can make an offer to Hamalainen. He’s done well with us and is the type who could bring in a decent return down the line.

5 hours ago, Mclean07 said:

Our recent success was almost entirely built in one transfer window with Lee McCulloch. Shows how important recruitment is. With Fowler appointment, I would hope this is the beginning of a joined up, rational recruitment 

We certainly need to bring in new faces who can provide the quality we need. The rumour machine will be in full flow soon. Roll on January.

Not sure if this has been mentioned but would a loan move for the likes of Johnny Russell, GMS or the boy Nicholson be an option. Currently the MLS close season. All three seem to have international aspirations but without games unlikely to force their way into the playoff squads.

We’ve seen EPL teams use these loan moves before. Not sure how much we’d have to put in financially or if the players would be interested though. 

1 hour ago, piffer said:

Not sure if this has been mentioned but would a loan move for the likes of Johnny Russell, GMS or the boy Nicholson be an option. Currently the MLS close season. All three seem to have international aspirations but without games unlikely to force their way into the playoff squads.

We’ve seen EPL teams use these loan moves before. Not sure how much we’d have to put in financially or if the players would be interested though. 

Danny Wilson?